Betting Talk

nba 20-21

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member

anyway that would be tor 6-11 vs west, i took port ,if things change ,ill re bet it later... you thinking of fading the lakers again, i think they should win this easy.

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited March 2021

I was thinking the Lakers well might not have dried up yet since they beat the Cavaliers by double digits. But the Magic are too much of an unknown at this moment. I need to see some play before I do anything. The more I think about it, the more I like your bet on the Trailblazers though. It would be hard to count how many times I’ve been in a jam betting-wise, only to bailed out by Norm in the last few minutes of the game...

the line scares me a bit though ,just hope they are motivated ,i know a few players will be and hope it carries over to the other players , port has two days rest after this while tor plays tomorrow vs det.

rook you do much baseball ?

the suns were only 3.5 over tor last game .....if you have power ratings how much better do you think the suns are to port ?

right there the line is wrong ..

• rookrook Senior Member

I only do baseball when I am in Nevada during the baseball season and I need to fund my craps table usage and I am able to get winning plays from you.

lol am going to kick ass in baseball ,your funny dude

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited March 2021

Trailblazers are a totally moving target. Throughout the season they’ve been less than the Suns, but throughout the season they’ve been dealing with lack of Nurk and lack of McCollum among other lackings. Now Nurk and McCollum are back, and here comes Norm to join them. Going back to what you said about motivation, my guess is that Trailblazers will be motivated today because they will be a little bit excited to have all these players together on the court for the first time. But since it is a first time it is hard to guess how they would stack up vs Suns. The Suns are hard to read because they are largely controlled by Chris Paul and he seems to have some kind of rule whereby the team generally (not always but generally) doesn’t really play hard until the 4th quarter. But being optimistic about Norm I’m thinking that if the Trailblazers players can maintain health, they should be able to learn how to work together well enough to beat the Suns.

Man nice thoughts , you know your shit dude.

I like to look at matchups like tor/port for example, who both played the same team within a week,with no major players out and see how the market reacted.

The market is in somewhat of an agreement with us on port...now up to 2 in places

• rookrook Senior Member

Lowry out, nurk on 20 minute limit

• rookrook Senior Member

OK, jets96 back to kicking butt in NBA.

i think indy is cheap right now but didnt look at injuries yet

small sample but indy is 1-4 st up and 1-4 ats with 2 days rest and 0-2 when more like 7 day rest game losing to gsw and after all star game to lal....funny thing is ,who they played going 1-4 ...the likes of pho,lac,dall,bky and lal..pretty big drop down to wash.

even if randle doesnt play i think the knicks still have value

liking sac and det right now

and why is milu such a small dog to the clippers , they should be a bigger dog...i think the clippers wack them ...i have them in my old model as a 6.30 fav.

• rookrook Senior Member

In Milwaukee a few weeks ago the Bucks beat the Clippers 105-100 and the Clippers appear to have had all their players available. Tonight Beverley, Ibaka and Rondo are all out, but lately some of the bench guys have been playing well (Terence Mann and Luke Kennard saved the Hawks game). I stopped betting on the Clippers pre-game because they weren’t dependable as far as how well they might play, but I’ve been thinking about jumping back in lately as they have been a bit more reliable (until that Hawks game)....

• rookrook Senior Member

the Cavaliers are intriguing right now. Last night I think they were +14.5 vs Jazz, but now the number is at +16. When the Cavaliers played without Sexton vs the Lakers, it was like they were playing with one hand tied behind their back. They were helpless offensively. Then, at the end of the game vs the Kings, whenever they brought the ball down court after a Kings basket, Sexton would kind of limp over off to the side and out of the way while Garland and the rest tried to score. There was one striking play where Sexton found himself at the point of a surprise fast break and he looked good beating a bunch of Kings to the basket. So he wasn’t completely incapacitated. But I think the Jazz will eat the Cavaliers for breakfast with or without a healthy Sexton. But more of a sure thing with an unhealthy Sexton.

• rookrook Senior Member

Between the Kings and the Spurs, the volatility is off the charts. Both teams seem to go from atrocious to awesome and then back several times a game. Maybe the numbers are the only possible way to bet on these teams. But even live, either team can turn on a dime at any time.

the Pistons vs the Raptors is a lot less volatile, except for the fact that Lowry isn’t officially in or out, and the Pistons have beaten the Raptors last two times they played.

i took that into consideration ,i think they are on a little role now and by milu resting players ,imo gives people a false impression as they will be much better. Mann ate up phila last game. Bucks havent played a monster west team yet , well they did play the suns and lost by 1 ...

i guess your going to talk me out of this one, which i dont mind

• rookrook Senior Member

The upside of betting Bucks would be that at +2.5, they can’t really let anybody in the back door, which they are quite good at doing.

• rookrook Senior Member

I think Pacers plays diligent D, right? If they do, they should give the Wizards problems like the Knicks did. Beale is apparently out.

i said i liked the pacers but i just sat down and forgot it was a 7pm et start....i shouldve taken it at -5 , oh well see what happens.

iIl prob pass on the clipper game , first, i dont trust the line i made.

still looking det and sac

is grant playing for det ??

line says he isnt

573 sac kings +2.5 is my play ...pass on everything else

dont understand that mia line, i still winning this game easy

• rookrook Senior Member

I put 2 units on Heat when they were at -4 and now at halftime it looks like I’m losing 2 units. At the time Noel was taken out because of shoulder pain and none of the Knicks could hit their shots. Actually now it looks a lot of players kind of hurt and dragging right now, including Randle, Noel, Butler, Dragic. But so far Noel is doing the best dealing with the problems.

Hey, the Kings could win by 20. Like I said, maybe with all the roller coaster rides those teams put on, in the end they might just line up with the numbers.

• rookrook Senior Member

At least I stepped back from the Wizards. Westbrook was not playing like a chicken with his head cut off, so betting against the Wizards didn’t feel right.

• rookrook Senior Member

Yep, you kicked ass on the Kings. Great work! I. Chickened out again and bought out of my Heat bet with +7 on the Knicks... nothing but vig for me.