Betting Talk

nba 20-21

Comments

• rookrook Senior Member

I think I answered this wrong. The answer is they should have been a bigger dog just like you said. Looking at this game, the Bucks had a 12-point lead in the first quarter. And then Giannis ran out and missed 5 or 6 bunny shots in a row and the lead vanished. But he didn’t stop there — terrible shot selection the entire night. Terrible shot selection is a mistake, and I just don’t know how a guy can make so many mistakes and then get picked to be MVP of the league, regardless of how many rebounds or points he gets.

• jets96jets96 Senior Member

You watch a lot of NBA , I cant be bothered. I dont know scores to now 6 am et.

Clippers going by what you said must have looked really good.

What happened in Det , tor does suck, i had that gamed lined at tor -1.20 thats why i liked det at 3.5 ..anything 3 or less from my line i look at , when it went to 5.5 i thought grant was out , he wasnt ,why the big line move...if i knew grant was playing i wouldve taken det for sure with sac.

ok well losing the vig isnt a bad thing ,its our surrender in sports betting.

wait i didnt notice milu went to -2.5 ?

• rookrook Senior Member

I think by the time I saw Grant was in, the game had already started. I don’t know if that was because I missed it until then or because nobody really knew until almost game time.

• rookrook Senior Member

I never checked. But I was surprised to turn on the game and see Paul George not playing. That might have changed the line somewhat.

absolutely would have changed it but not 5 pts

ok here we go , what are your thoughts on char/wash, First game of a long trip and not a very good shot of coming home with a winning record, tonight is important. They can fall way back in the playoff standing this trip. wash won 2 st ,not saying much , westbrook not going off again , he regressed every game he scored 30 or more. Wash may put up some pts but they will give up more . wash damn good as a home dog going 8-2 ats getting 4 or more, any thing less 0-4 ats. Talk me out of it , but am liking char -3.5 , ill split it up with the ml as well.

• rookrook Senior Member

That changed it by 2.5 points and then danshan put out a 2million dollar bet on the Bucks, which moved the line another 2.5 points

• rookrook Senior Member

No Beal is a great starter. But I was watching Westbrook a couple days ago and the guy looked pretty good. Efficient shooting and low turnovers, from what I saw. But you’re right, he probably needs a vacation after that much self-restraint. This is totally do-able, with the primary question being what will Hornets play like? Monk isn’t playing, which against the Suns kind of left the Hornets one tool short. They might well bog the Wizards down with a lot of pesky defense. But from what I’ve seen and read, there’s no obvious reason that they’ll just goof around in this game. The Wizards blog writer seems more interested in getting Scotty Brooks fired than tonight’s game. The game is b2b, but I don’t think the Wizards notice stuff like b2b and 5in7 and other fatigue-related issues.

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited March 2021

You’re also right about regressing. After the 4 games in which he scored more than 30 points, the Wizards have lost by 11, 19, 11 and 7 points.

bears mentioning though those score were against Trailblazers, Clippers, Bucks and Nets.

right but break down more and who on those teams covered him...

anyway put a little down on char ml and -3 ...see what happens

nothing else for me in the nba ...

good luck

• rookrook Senior Member

At the half Wizards down by 8, look like they have played to the limits of their capability, hitting a last second three to cut the lead down from 11. Hard to see them going anywhere farther from here other than just getting tired....The 2nd half line leaves the Hornets having to win by -8.5.

and the clippers come back and get beat by FUCKING orlando.

Will be looking at that kings game close.

talk to you tonight

you know fuck it ..i think right now the kings are a better team and playing like they belong..i guess they feel they can get into that play off game , spurs , am not sure whats going on with them...all i know is my numbers tell me they shouldnt be this big of a fav , closer to pkem or sac a small fav like i have them...am right way more then am wrong so kings +2.5 is in.

• rookrook Senior Member

I’m thinking back to a few minutes I watched of the previous game. It was only a few minutes because I couldn’t stand watching the Spurs center their offense around DeRozan any more. I always hated the Harden offense for Houston, and DeRozan is about 1/4 the player Harden is, so watching the Spurs sludge up their play-making with DeRozan’s dribble-dribble-dribble routine is up there with cleaning the oven as something fun to do. So, really, how can you go wrong betting on the Kings? Of course, there is the second-game curse to consider...I might tail just for solidarity, but right now I’m thinking about the Heat, and how they ended up dominating the Knicks last game...

looking at ind + the points ...what you think

• rookrook Senior Member

That’s not very many points!

rook , can you break that b2b with the same team down to conf ? either with rest or no rest .

spurs 1-3 st up off a first game loss vs the b2b team this year , so they dont bounce back and kings have been playing well

and if the kings want to get into the playoffs ,which it looks like they do , how important is this game tonight ? they have home games vs the lakers and bucks coming and will be 4 or 5 pt dogs in each...so are they focused for tonight i think they will be

• rookrook Senior Member

There’s only 1 game difference, where the Cavaliers lost to the Timberwolves away on 1/31 and then beat them at home on 2/1. At first the 1 game difference freaked me out, then I realized non-conference games between to teams are generally only 2 per season broken down into one home and one away. the Cavaliers and Timberwolves could get away with a b2b because of geography, but most non conference games don’t have that advantage.

do you read the slack stuff , i think we would be a good tag team over there, you have more knowledge of the game then all of them

on the pacers , its not a lot of points if they are needed, now less points

• rookrook Senior Member

For some reason they made it difficult to log onto, and then when I did log onto it I ddin’t really get anything out of it so I didn’t mind that it was hard to log onto.

• rookrook Senior Member

Now if Lowry is out, there might be a bet there. Those Thunder guys are surprisingly good. They lose all the time, but usually what happens is they are winning for most of the game and then at the end the more experienced guys on the other team bait them into dumb fouls and whatever else and they kind of fall apart and lose. I’m thinking Thunder first half might work...

a lot of talk , not a lot of action , at least you talk and take action. Id rather just stay here and talk to you , am doing fine without all that noise, actually better. So now i have to keep my eye on that pacer line...like i said i already bet kings.

• rookrook Senior Member

From Thunder blog:

The game tonight is a key fixture in the tank race. Toronto are only 1.5 games ahead of the Thunder and a win against the Raptors will pull the Thunder away from the cellar of the NBA. Oklahoma City want a top-five pick in the 2021 NBA Draft and a win against the Raptors will make that possibility much more difficult.

so your thinking tor ....let me see what line i come up with

even with lowery out and the whole okc team out ....its a pass for me

gonna take the knicks -3.5 both ways ...they are 7-1 off a loss since mid feb , good sign for me.