Betting Talk

nba 20-21

Comments

• rookrook Senior Member

luck!

• jets96jets96 Senior Member

nice, took both the suns and phila

took the clippers last night both ml and spread , i also parlayed them with the nets on the ml

I can do a bunch of things now with the first leg in hand...

my lines today are nets -0.90 and the suns -6.30

• rookrook Senior Member

bet 2 units on Jazz +6.5 then 2 more on Jazz +12.5. Probably would have split except for Mitchell injury. But I just wasn’t with it when he got hurt and ended up only winning half a unit back at Clippers -13.5. By the time I could get more down I would have needed to take Clippers -16.5, which I knew in my gut was just fine but my silly brain said it was too many points….But it was not too many points, because without Mitchell, the Jazz totally floundered, and the Clippers were in no mood to show any mercy.

You and the books have moved Nets from +3.5 last game to slight favorite this game, after the Nets lost. Is this something where if you tell me why that is, you would have to kill me soon afterwards? Or is it some commonly understood line-making mechanism?

I don’t want to be that guy who makes the simple complicated, who screws up the opportunity to simply bet 10 or 20 units on the Suns today and then relax with margaritas until its time to go to bed. But I just gotta see the beginning of both these games before I commit any units.

• rookrook Senior Member

Antetokounmpo was 1-8 from 3 last game. I’m guessing if those 8 shots had been almost anything else, the team could have gotten (at least) 8 points out of them rather than 3. How can an entire organization be too stupid to not put a leash on that guy’s 3-pointers?

right and how bad was harris last game , that wont happen again either i hope.

A lot goes into those lines, you posting your thoughts are part of that line...i adjust off you ..you made me more money in the nba then i would have, already looking towards next year. Thank you

• rookrook Senior Member

OK Irving down 14.5 units to win 10 units Bucks moneyline -145, 5 mins left in half

• rookrook Senior Member

God, collectively the Bucks are just dumber than a bag of rocks — it’s nerve-wracking to have a lot of units depending on them

• rookrook Senior Member

Since 2010 64.6% of playoff sweep games have been won by the sweeper. Since May 25, 2015, it has been 76%…

irving fucked me ...you know i dont watch the nba ,watched a little of the nets game ,why does durant bring the ball up....this guy will never last , he was on his ass over and over, you know he is injury prone ,but wtf.

Only good thing was my line on suns was right on with the final so i made my money back.

Watching the mets up 2-1 with two outs and then watch pen walk a guy to load bases and walk a guy in , then change pitchers and then watch a guy hit a grand slam...game over .

love 6ers ..my line phila -4.20 ,lac -0.70

• rookrook Senior Member

I think Durant worked his way into bringing the ball up court while he was in Oklahoma and he’s done that ever since, though not on an every-single-time basis. You’re totally right about him not lasting. These injuries snowball, and I don’t think it is completely random. The three guys share a certain workload, then Harden gets hurt and the workload increases for the other two. The increased workload leads to Irving landing on Giannis’ foot, and now almost all the workload is on Durant, who has already spent much of the season injured. Like you say, it’s hard to see how this could end well for Durant. But with the line currently at Bucks -2.5, you might have a nice opportunity to make all your money back and then some…

• rookrook Senior Member

The Seventysixers seem like they have had control of the Hawks ever since the first half of game 1. I’ll lay off until I see if the Hawks come up with anything new, but the guys they are putting out on the floor don’t look as big and bad as they did against the Knicks. For the Clippers, the Jazz seem to be acting like Mitchell’s ankle is no big deal. But he’s not some big lumbering center who basically has to stand there and be bigger and stronger than everybody else. He’s hoisting up shots from far away from the hoop and euro-stepping his way on in toward the basket. The ankle just needs to be a little bit weak to throw all that finesse into disarray. So now they have moved Conley from out into questionable status, which to me shows a possible hint of desperation. But I think Conley is dealing with a hamstring issue, and those are worse than ankles to try to play through.

so your going to wait to see how these games trend ...man i dont know how you can watch this stuff..how many tumbs you eat a night.

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited June 2021

Actually it does get pretty stressful. Sometimes so much that I leave the TV and watch a Netflix movie until the game is over. One weird thing is that if I lose a bunch of units, it doesn’t disturb my sleep all that much. But if I win a bunch of units, I’m lucky if I sleep at all that night….One negative effect happened last night (and it happens fairly often): After the Bucks won my 10-unit bet, I was basically in a situation where I should have followed up with at least another 10-unit bet on the Suns. The Suns were definitely going to win. But the problem was I could feel that going through another game like that was more stress than I could really stand. So as a compromise, I took the 10 units I won and put them on the money line for the Suns, which at that point was -250 (I think they were 6 or so points ahead). The idea was that I didn’t need to get too worried about it because at worst I would break even for the day. So instead of winning 10 units on the Suns game like I probably would have if that had been the only game for the day, I won 4 units. Just because I couldn’t handle the extra stress

I got ya , its the hardest way to make easy money , thats what they say right ? So when hoops are over what do you do , am really working on my nfl model , have to change a few things because of the added 17th game.

• rookrook Senior Member

4 mins left in 1st quarter, Seventysixers -3.5, 2 units

well what you think , durant is one play from injuring himself and then what ...he isnt going to make it..

harden is ? , a day ago you wouldnt think he would play, how good will he be tonight if he does play ...

in my head i think milu should spank them .

• rookrook Senior Member

Yeah that’s what I thought too (Bucks should spank), but the Bucks are the dumbest team in the nba. And when they see Harden walk out onto the court they will probably pee their pants, with Middleton going zombie and Antetokounmpo trying to set the record for 3-point attempts in a playoff game. So I am probably screwed, as I already committed a boat load of units on the Bucks moneyline.

Harden us playing

Not sure what am doing yet

• rookrook Senior Member

Bought most of it out during early time out with Bucks at an early lead — now if Bucks win I win 4 units, if not I lose 3.5 units…

• rookrook Senior Member

Bought off the last 3.5 units with a few minutes left in the game, came out even. Talk about CLV - bought into the game for 31 units last night at Bucks -173, and when the game started the line was Bucks -118. If the Bucks hadn’t gotten off to an early lead I would have been toast. Hope the Bucks go into full-out choke mode next game so I can bet against them rather than on them.

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited June 2021

Looking at the Seventysixers tomorrow this would seem like the game they would pick to pull their heads out of their butts and play real basketball. They’ll be at home they’ll have lost the previous game and be in danger if they lose again, so tomorrow should be their day. But again they are playing cat and mouse with whether or not Embiid will play, so no more bets for me until I’m satisfied I know the actual starting lineups. Who knows what the Clippers will do, they probably feel due for a day off…

• rookrook Senior Member

Well with Kawhi out I’m strong leaning to a -300 moneyline on Jazz. But now that “out” doesn’t mean “out” any more, I’m waiting for the line-ups.

ok let me know what your doing ...waiting on phila ...had them hooked up with nets

now i may bang both fav on the ml

• rookrook Senior Member

Now the line has gone from -300 to -345. I’ll still probably do it. Probably close to the end of the Seventysixers game. But Seventysixers I will just keep an eye on to see if anything interesting comes up…

• rookrook Senior Member

Crap now the line is at -374

• rookrook Senior Member

OK 2 units -8 and 2 units -174 on Jazz

am totally in disbelief , i even watched the 6ers game a little ,they were up like 24 pts only for me to wake up this morning to find out they lost, how is that possible? and for the jazz game , no nothing about it except they lost as well , playoff basketball at its best wtf, am speechless to say the least , took a hit on those game but the red sox held on for me.