Betting Talk

nba 20-21

Comments

• rookrook Senior Member

Yes, let’s win! 5 mins left 1st quarter Hawks vs Seventysixers and it looks like the window of opportunity for a bet has already passed with Seventysixers ahead by 17....

• rookrook Senior Member

Too bad we didn’t bet Seventysixers 1st quarter...

• rookrook Senior Member

OK, looked bad at first but turned out all right to once Mitchell stopped making bounce-around-the-rim 3 pointers.

• rookrook Senior Member

Probably regret this but: Jazz +2.5 with a few minutes to go in the third quarter

• jets96jets96 Senior Member

thanks for the clippers rook. Had phila and the clippers parlay...worked out ...i have to stop with the parlay shit ...getting into bad habits

• rookrook Senior Member

Parlays are kind of fun but they never seem to end well for me...

• rookrook Senior Member

Tonight I’m hoping for a repeat pattern of last game, because I think Chris Paul has a tendency to conserve his energy until the 4th quarter while Jokic tends to try to get out to an early lead. When the Nuggets get an early lead then the money line gets more affordable. Last game I was too quick to jump and ended up with something like -157, but I noticed later on in the game I could have picked up the Suns at around -110.

ok well good luck ...i might wait as well my line -5.30

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited June 2021

Well halftime Suns leads by 10 and unless Nuggets makes some kind of comeback in the 2nd half I think I’ve pretty much missed my chance to bet...

• rookrook Senior Member

Nuggets played pretty bad. Wonder if they can play that bad next game?

• rookrook Senior Member

Porter was cold, Campazzo was cold, Monte Morris was cold, all from the start, and I got hung up on the fact that Ayton had two early fouls, and told myself to wait for halftime to make sure he didn’t pick up a third one...

line wise i was leaning den but it would take 7 for me to do it ,on the other hand i think the clips are playing to well to go against ...i loved the yankees last night with cole going , never ever lay that kind of money , am almost 100 percent dog better in bases , so i ended up ml parlaying the suns and yanks.

and i mean the suns lol

• rookrook Senior Member

I just looked up the yanks game looks like you won your parlay congrats!

its probably too much to hope for a complete Bucks choke tonight, as their fans would probably start doing whatever it took to get them to play better. On the other hand, after the first two humiliations they might be starting to feel like they really can’t win. But there’s a nice cushion to start with since the Nets will start the game at +3.5. Even if Nets got ahead by 10 right away the live line would still be something workable like Nets -3. The part of me that wants to win wants a Bucks choke, but the part of me that’s wants to watch wants the Bucks to legitimately compete.

Clippers are such a problem for me to bet on or against. They can choke for most of a game and then break through to win, or they can kick ass for most of a game and then collapse. The only thing I have figured out is that when they care about a game, they are tough to beat in the first quarter.

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited June 2021

Hmm.. i think this is interesting:

Since 2010 there’s been 14 playoff games where one of the teams held a lead of more than 40 points in the previous game. In those 14 games, the team that held that big lead in the previous game went 9-5 straight up. But then I am looking closer, and seeing that none of the 5 losses were by more than three points. Yet Nets are +3.5 right now...

so we taking the Nets right

i have the nets -2.20 ...not sure how to adjust when you have three top notch players...normally id adjust 4 pts for harden , so maybe at most 2 pts because the other two are playing ...so pk em game.

have utah - 3.10

• rookrook Senior Member

I’m torn right now. Yesterday I really should have kept it simple and bet Suns. Today I’m tempted to bet Nets pre-game like a perfect bet with 10 or more units. But it’s just hard for me to trust Nets. Celtics beat them in this situation. So then I keep thinking all I need is a couple minutes of game time to get a little picture into where this game is going...

i think the clips win ...am taking them+ 3 now....and am taking the nets now +3 also , let me know if you think anything is worth it at the half ...ill prob watch the yanks and not look at the nba but ill ck back at the half

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited June 2021

11 mins left in 1st half 2 units on Nets +10, because antek won’t stop bricking 3-pointers...(Bucks 12 points ahead)

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited June 2021

8 mins left in half 2 units on Nets +6

(Bucks 6 points ahead)

• rookrook Senior Member

Unit and a half on Clippers pk 6 mins to play Clippers up by 2

• rookrook Senior Member

Crap that +10 Nets bet should have been for a lot more units...

great job ,split on hoops , won on sox ..good night

like both dogs

i take that back like phila ..my line phila -2.60

and pho +1.5

where you at

• rookrook Senior Member

Just sat down for the game — I’ll be looking hard at the Nuggets game to see how MNonte Morris plays. If he’s back to normal then I got nothing, but if he is cold again that should be a good bet on the Suns...For Philly, I’m just sitting back and taking it all in and letting the game come to me, like the actual basketball players do...

• rookrook Senior Member

OK 14 units to win 10 Suns moneyline -140, 4 mins into game...