Betting Talk

nba 20-21

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member

dont think dallas wants to drop , i think they crush tor tonight

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited May 2021

Lots of players with questionable availability. Wiggins and Curry questionable. Paul George and Kawhi questionable. Dort out and Ty Jerome questionable, which takes some of the thunder teeth out, so Jazz might have something too bet on. Mavs are under pressure to beat the Raptors I think with the Lakers right behind them. Meanwhile the Raptors aren’t even playing Boucher any more, they’re just looking at prospects. This looks like Powerhouses vs Tankers Day overall. Just got to try to find a powerhouse that might have some kind of reason for covering the spread....

i guess the market agreed now up to 14

524 nyk -5.5 no rose but not so worried. knicks 15-5 ats vs below .500 clubs at home , char 5-12 away vs above .500 , all out for new york today ,knicks 7-2 ats in day games...ill ml the knicks with someone else if i find another game i like.

luck

• rookrook Senior Member

Last time out worked really good for me. Picked up Knicks at +2 going into the 4th. This time I’m worried they might lead wire to wire and there might not be a good live opportunity like last time.

• rookrook Senior Member

OK I took the spread and the moneyline parachute now, because I’m nervous that the price will get worse if they suddenly announce that Rose is playing..

• rookrook Senior Member

Hmmm..Rose playing didin’t move the line one bit. I guess he’s just chopped liver...

i think they kinda knew he was going to play ...

whats the in game line

that was easy , right ? lol

• rookrook Senior Member

Sorry, I was glued to TV. That was ridiculous. I like it a lot better when the Knicks don’t wait until OT to get locked in. For most of the game line was actually around 9 or 10, but when the Hornets caught up at the end there was a 0 line at one point. I was too busy wondering if I would break even with my ML bet to jump on that one....

well you got it ,thats all that counts

• rookrook Senior Member

Nope the important thing is that they don’t injure my delicate sensibilities.

554 wash -6.5

556 nyk -9.5

romp em luck

• rookrook Senior Member

So this is probably wrong but: Heat is -6 vs Pistons. But, if, in the earlier games, Knicks beat Celtics, I’m thinking the outcome of the Heat game becomes meaningless (that might be the part that is wrong), and therefore after Knicks beat the Celtics, the Heat announce that none of their major players are going to be available for the game vs Pistons ...

• rookrook Senior Member

Scoping out Wizards/Hornets, it looks a little bit tricky. They look to be battling for a 8 spot that is reasonably more valuable than a 9 spot, so I’m assuming both teams are motivated. But watching the Hornets yesterday, they had pretty much everybody they needed besides Hayward, and if they had been a smart and well coached team they would have beaten the Knicks. They were actually pretty good. They’re young and b2b doesn’t seem to bother them too much. I can see Westbrook stealing the game with his ferocity, but it’s a little harder for me to see Wizards winning by 7. On the other hand, young players like that, who left it all on the table yesterday only to lose, might be so psychologically demoralized that they completely collapse today vs Wizards...

• rookrook Senior Member

And the Knicks. 9.5? The Celtics scrubs and Tatum just trashed the Timberwolves yesterday. They did have to travel from Minnesota to New York yesterday, but 9.5 doesn’t feel right vs a team with Tatum on it. Then again, if Tatum is passive and doesn’t care to lay down 60 points today then maybe the 9.5 would seem small after the Knicks blow out the Celtics. I think I’m playing this live and looking again for that moment when the odds are lower than what the momentum of one team or the other would suggest they should be.

• rookrook Senior Member

At any rate, luck!

• rookrook Senior Member

OK, Tatum and Fournier are out, so I’m in at -12!

• rookrook Senior Member

So it looks like if a team ends the 3rd quarter with a 13 point lead, they have a 61% chance of winning by 10 or more points. If the team is ahead by 17 points they have an 80% chance of winning by 10 or more points.

thank god a made a little on wash ml ...knicks fucked me....baseball is a steady grind but winning grind.

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited May 2021

Got a little Warriors nostalgia yesterday. Just bet on Steph and he throws up a few magic 3’s and you win money...can’t complain much about the Knicks on my part because they have been the most reliable bet this season. They had to wear down at some point. Jeff Van Gundy seemed to be saying that they probably wouldn’t do very well in the playoffs because in the playoffs everybody is going to start playing as hard as the Knicks have been playing all season long. I guess he figures at that point, the Knicks have lost their edge...

thats fine ,we dont care who wins, we care who covers

liking wash tonight ...any thoughts

• rookrook Senior Member

Wanna bet Hornets but they are dumber than wood. Wanna bet Celtics but not until I see that Tatum gives a crap.

ok tks

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited May 2021

Took Hornets early on at +11 for 1/5 of a unit. Then took them again at half at +18.8 for 2/5 of a unit. Then took Pacers at beginning of 2nd half - 24.5 for 3/5 of a unit.. With 4 minutes left in 3rd quarter, game swinging back and forth kind of wildly...

• rookrook Senior Member

This is making me wonder about the other team that’s young and stupid, the Grizzlies. The only problem is how can I bet on the insane Spurs to take advantage of them?

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited May 2021

Celtics -155 2 units....7 minutes left in 1st quarter.

• rookrook Senior Member

2 units on Wizards +9 a few minutes into 3rd quarter...