Betting Talk

nba 20-21

Comments

• rookrook Senior Member

OK by half time put about 5.5 units down to win 5 units on Nets ranging from -1 to +4

• rookrook Senior Member

Spent the game wondering if I would win 5 units or lose 5.5 units. In the end I won .15 units...

• rookrook Senior Member

Thanks jets96! I keyed off your Knicks play and took them 1st half -6.

• jets96jets96 Senior Member

coming right back

572 atl -2.5

575 nyk +3.5

luck

• rookrook Senior Member

OK this can always go sideways/south since it involves betting on the Hornets, but I have placed 2 units on Hornets -4 and 3.5 units to win 2 units on Hornets moneyline...

doing that game now brb

503 CHAR -4

LUCK

both ats and ml bets

what you think about the kings

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited May 2021

This is from today’s Kings blog, and it sums the situation up pretty perfectly, I think:

“I’ve kind of given up on predicting which version of the Kings will show up any given night. They can be full strength at home against an overmatched opponent and come out with no energy, and they can be down starters on the road and beat down a playoff team. 

There’s no rhyme or reason to Sacramento this season. The team’s only consistent trait is inconsistency. 

So when the Kings take on the Thunder in Oklahoma City Tuesday, it’s hard to know what to expect. It’s a road game, and the Kings will be missing De’Aaron Fox, Tyrese Haliburton, and Harrison Barnes. Those players are the top three sources of halfcourt offense creation on the team, and two of the best defenders. 

It will be interesting to see what the Kings offense looks like with both Fox and Haliburton out for the first time this season. Delon Wright will probably step in as the starting point guard, with Marvin Bagley also having to assume a larger role on the offensive end. Both Wright and Bagley were wonderful against Dallas, and they’ll need to continue that level of production against a team without the same intrinsic motivations of a revenge game. 

But OKC is also tanking, hard, and the Thunder play an entire rotation under the age of 24. To be clear, OKC has the worst net rating in the league, minus-10.6 points per 100 possessions, per Cleaning the Glass. The Thunder have the league’s worst offense and 25th-worst defense, turn over the ball more than any team in the league, and are only 13th in the standings because they’ve won seven more games than expected based on their point differential.”

am going to take chance with the kings...i dont know maybe they are trying to get into the playoffs only like 3.5 games out, they opened 4 and now 5 and 5.5 market is on my side...but ill wait for awhile

thank you

• rookrook Senior Member

Got unlucky Bridges failed his COVID test, then got lucky when Hornets won anyhow.

i ml parlayed the kings and char ...had to pay a prem on those lines and in the end i wasnt going to do that...but i felt with all the other stuff going on around those teams id take a shot at them just winning ...it was hard to bet against my yanks yesterday ...i might have to again

atl and nyk again...they dont give the knicks any credit

• rookrook Senior Member

Have to try to clear my head. Want to put a pile of units on the Knicks, but i know part of that is because I’m so mad at the Nuggets who cost me a pile when they goofed around vs the Lakers. But the days of the Knicks being underestimated by other teams have to be either over or nearing the end. Which means that the Nuggets probably won’t be goofing around that much tonight. On the other hand, it might not matter whether they goof around or not, the Knicks have become kind of a force...

its ok totally understand , but i think den is more interested in getting past this game healthy with the jazz up next

den also cant cover vs teams they are favored by a small marg at home ...

• rookrook Senior Member

They did lose to the Spurs on 1/29 two days before beating the Jazz...

i have den 0-5 ats 3.5 or less

• rookrook Senior Member

That stuff isn’t going to match up very precisely. In this example I looked closer at the game KillerSports says the Nuggets won ATS. Killersports lists the line for that game at Nuggets -1. But BM’s final odds for that game was Jazz -2.5. It’s mainly because Killersports reads a line a few hours before tipoff, rather than grabbing the closing line.

i hear ya , my line is den -1

531 nyy +4

the above shows how much i love the yankees

make it

531 nyk +4

luck

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited May 2021

I pretty much lost my ass a few years ago in the playoffs when the Clippers were playing the Trailblazers. I knew the Clippers would beat the Trailblazers so I went into the game with a heavy pre-game bet. Then 3 things happened. First, Austin Rivers took a horrific blow to the head which left him bleeding all over the place and I think he had to go back to the locker room to try to get him to look a little less like Stallone at the end of Rocky. I’m pretty sure in today’s concussion protocols he never would have been able to come back into the game. Not a big deal from a betting standpoint. But then, in succession, both Blake Griffin and Chris Paul got knocked out of the game with injuries of their own. At that point the Clippers didn’t stand a chance. I panicked (as usual) and bet twice as much as the original bet, on the Trailblazers. All in, pretty much. In retrospect it was a smart bet, because the Trailblazers were totally equipped to easily cover whatever spread I had bet.

What basically happened was that the Rivers kid stepped back onto the court with his mashed-up face covered with blood and bruises, and then proceeded to play like a total maniac. It was the kind of situation where he wasn’t really playing so incredibly great, but he was out-efforting everyone else on the court with his mashed-up face. It just took everyone aback, and most importantly, had a huge effect on Damian Lillard, who, as far as I could tell, felt really bad for Austin Rivers. That game should have been a blow-out, but the Trailblazers barely won it, and didn’t cover the spread I had bet.

So now Austin Rivers is a go-to guard again on the injury-ravaged Nuggets, in a potential revenge game against his former team...

you were right so i split with the knicks and hawks...knicks got killed that first q couldnt come back but they did win every q afterwards

liking char and atl again

• rookrook Senior Member

Knicks my only win last night, by accident. Tried to bet them -5 or the second half but the bet went through at -4.5. They outscored Nuggets by 5...Hawks looked pretty badass last night. Nice call on that, it sure wasn’t obvious to me that they would manhandle the Suns like that.

• rookrook Senior Member

There’s some bad blood between Lakers and Clippers. If the Clippers have an opportunity I think they will try to run the Lakers off the court tonight.

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited May 2021

so Rockets have played 19 times so far in April and May. Typically I’m thinking their first half line would be something like half the full game line and then add in an extra point. So if their full game line is +16, the first half line might typically be +9. So in those 19 games in April and May, using that jerry-rigged method of estimating the first half line, the Rockets have covered the first half spread 4 times:

so what you doing tonight

• rookrook Senior Member

So far 2 units on Bucks -10 1st half, 2 units on Seventysixers -4 1st quarter..still looking at games