Betting Talk

danshan thread

1323334353638»

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    dude, they are all data mining picks and they are useless, the CLV will show the true colors if he keeps picking at the volume he is now.

he is down 2 and should be down 5, another 20 or 30 picks and he will be right where he is suppose to be.

Dont ever believe winning is easy as that, ever
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    CLV would not show anything if he had invented a money machine.

It is theoretically possible that these types of bets could win. It's a popular thread. People are interested. He has a good presentation. His picks are no worse than anyone else's and these have something behind them.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    R40 wrote: »
    CLV would not show anything if he had invented a money machine.

He claims in a NYPost article he bets up to 5k per game. I'm wondering whether in CDN or USD or monopoly $$.

It is theoretically possible that these types of bets could win. It's a popular thread. People are interested. He has a good presentation.

C'mon, ppl are interested and he has a good schtick. SMH again. Good snake oil salesmen offer the same.

His picks are no worse than anyone else's and these have something behind them.

You seem to be a proponent of this nonsense. He's flat after 200+ plays with weak rationale at best.

A smart guy like u must be playing devil's advocate here or maybe something else.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    Ronbets wrote: »

A smart guy like u must be playing devil's advocate here or maybe something else.

Ronbets this site is set up for Professor MJ to show his stuff. The thing to do here is tell him he is data mining as both of you have done and then sit back and watch and when he gets down units, say "see, I told you so." Not do it while he is up.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    Also Ronbets, you did not read that article very closely. Professor MJ is into arbitrage. He was betting 5K with arbitrage.
    edited February 2020
    Scalping hockey in today's legitimate markets is virtually impossible. 5k per game?? Hey, maybe one of his students was taking a shot at him and got lucky. Let's get real here. Math 'profs' are into R functions and Poisson, NOT West Virginia mining.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    Scalping hockey in today's legitimate markets is virtually impossible. 5k per game?? Hey, maybe one of his students was taking a shot at him and got lucky. Let's get real here. Math 'profs' are into R functions and Poisson, NOT West Virginia mining.

It is clear that Professor MJ is a fairly sophisticated bettor. Professor MJ does not limit himself to any particular sport when he is using arbitrage.

I believe Professor MJ believes he has value behind his bets. He has been posting on this site for what 5 months? So far as I know he is up.

Clearly, Professor MJ is capable of quite sophisticated investment strategies and we do not know that Professor MJ is not modeling these games and using these angles as additional value in his bets.
    edited February 2020
    Including his aborted NFL hustle try, he is slightly negative.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    Including his aborted NFL hustle try, he is slightly negative.

You've been keeping close tabs. I don't recall Professor posting many NFL games but I do recall that he handicaps NFL.
    edited February 2020
    I am blown away. I cannot believe someone is telling you

a team is a good play today because they played poor yesterday and they scored less than 3 goals 4 times in a row.

how in the world can you think that makes sense. You are making me start to doubt my sanity.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    I think the concept has value. I am doubtful that it has value over a short period of time. However, I don't doubt that Professor MJ spends a lot of time doing his research and thinks they are going to win.

There are definitely some basic value strategies that win in the betting market that could possibly be discovered through data mining type efforts. Similar values have been discovered in the stock market that have been effective for decades and the stock market is more efficient than the gambling market.
    edited March 2020
    dude, I cant believe you cannot see through the BS on this one.

I am literally shocked at your responses

answer this yes or no

stingy team

a hypothetical team A has two goalies
    Goalie A has a 2.12 GAA Goalie B has a 4.34 GAA
    Team B
    Goalie A has 1.90 and B has a 3.3

A plays best scoring team with their worst goalie gives up 0 goals
    A then plays 2nd best scoring team and their best goalie and gives up 0 goals

B plays worst scoring team with their best goalie gives up 0
    B plays 2nd worst scoring team with their worst goalie gives up 0

Now we run the stingy filter and both teams show up playing against similar competition
    A is playing this game with their best goalie line
    B is playing with their worst goalie

now are these teams equal and both should be plays based on their last 2 games? YES or NO and then an explanation please