Betting Talk

danshan thread

Comments

• donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited January 2020
    I saw some of your threads on sbr a while back. You sound like a moron posting there. Keep asking questions and ppl gave you answers and keep asking why etc. Same thing here. You keep asking is the closing line more sharper than opening line and was told yes, you kept wanting to ask why even though ppl told you the answer.

The only joke here is you. Your model is would get laughed at if you showed it to legit cappers like buffetgambler who is a legit capper. If you were to show it to him and ask for his opinion, he probably roll his eyes and think you have zero idea what you are doing. No one that is advanced in modeling or capping would ask the silly questions you ask now. I could not believe you literally asked why the limits for a smaller market were so low etc. This is common sense. Because only the sharps would be betting it. Its like if ppl bet volleyball. Who do you think is max betting something like that. Probably sharps.
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited January 2020
    first off you are over rating the number of sharp people out there and I dont know if you heard but margins on small sports are really high which makes them less tempting, sure the limits play a role but really its the high margins that keep away the sharp people.

I think the answer I shared earlier is a really good reason limits vary even though the book feels they have an edge on both.
    edited January 2020
    BET
    1/11
    Bulls +4

- - - Updated - - -

BET
    76ers Under 224

- - - Updated - - -

RECORD
    48-41-3
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited January 2020
    donny2 wrote: »
    I saw some of your threads on sbr a while back. You sound like a moron posting there. Keep asking questions and ppl gave you answers and keep asking why etc. Same thing here. You keep asking is the closing line more sharper than opening line and was told yes, you kept wanting to ask why even though ppl told you the answer.

The only joke here is you. Your model is would get laughed at if you showed it to legit cappers like buffetgambler who is a legit capper. If you were to show it to him and ask for his opinion, he probably roll his eyes and think you have zero idea what you are doing. No one that is advanced in modeling or capping would ask the silly questions you ask now. I could not believe you literally asked why the limits for a smaller market were so low etc. This is common sense. Because only the sharps would be betting it. Its like if ppl bet volleyball. Who do you think is max betting something like that. Probably sharps.

I think danshan's winning% here is actually higher than BGs.
    edited January 2020
    Do't rile up Donny, R40!
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited January 2020
    Donny , BG is a legit capper? how so?
    edited January 2020
    RECORD
    50-41-3
    edited January 2020
    BET
    1/12
    Warriors Under 227.5
    edited January 2020
    keep it going brother
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited January 2020
    jets96 wrote: »
    keep it going brother

55.5%!
    edited January 2020
    thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited January 2020
    donny2 says you stink.
    edited January 2020
    R40 wrote: »
    donny2 says you stink.

from him that would be a compliment
    edited January 2020
    am thinking lakers big tonight , i guess flu is going around and all the injury news...makes me want them even more now..
    you guys hear if AD is playing ,I think LJ will ,they are playing cleve...everyone else doesnt matter much to me
    edited January 2020
    he will sit for sure against Cleveland. If he does play it will be very limited minutes is my guess
    edited January 2020
    the bet I like a ton on the Lakers game is 1H Lakers -7.5

actually I am gonna take it

BET
    1-13
    Lakers -7.5 1H
    edited January 2020
    in games where the Lakers are >12 pt favorites
    they win the 1st have by 15 points on avg and win the 2nd half by 3 points
    edited January 2020
    I really got smart on that Lakers bet, I mean what was I thinking I never bet 1H's and I cant believe how bad this game is
    edited January 2020
    RECORD
    51-42-3
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited January 2020
    am thinking lakers big tonight , i guess flu is going around and all the injury news...makes me want them even more now..
    you guys hear if AD is playing ,I think LJ will ,they are playing cleve...everyone else doesnt matter much to me

Sorry, been gone for awhile — yep that was a great bet on the Lakers. I wonder what the Clippers will do to the Cavaliers tomorrow night?
    edited January 2020
    fwiw ...am on clippers tonight
    edited January 2020
    BET
    1/14
    Warriors Under 224

I have 219 so not sure where 224 comes from but we shall see
    edited January 2020
    RECORD
    52-42-3
    edited January 2020
    BET 1/15
    Wizards Under 227.5
    Blazers Under 236
    edited January 2020
    looking mighty sharp today!
    edited January 2020
    RECORD
    54-42-3

- - - Updated - - -

Rather be lucky than good. those were 2 bad picks!
    edited January 2020
    am so fucking bored , dan can you please start talking about CLV please , and fwiw , this is where i totally disagree with you , if you didn't see the games and just looked at the final score the next morning, found out that you won the games , did you luck out?
    edited January 2020
    OK here we go on CLV, nah just kidding
    wins dont mean shit without line value

I created an api and scraped some data and here were the results, I filtered out money lines and bets on extremes
    this was a hair under 10000 bets I scraped and these were football bets NFL NCAAFB

bets placed >4 hours to start time
    avg line 1.93 basically 50-50 after juice bettors won 50.49%
    bets placed <4 hours to start
    avg line 1.93 and bettors won 49.24%

this implies to me that
    1st people who bet in advance have a clue it seems
    2nd people who bet at the wire get their ass kicked just like they should

and again CLV is king!

- - - Updated - - -

oh another interesting tidbit from that
    avg bet >4 $146 <4 $78
    edited January 2020
    am so fucking bored , dan can you please start talking about CLV please , and fwiw , this is where i totally disagree with you , if you didn't see the games and just looked at the final score the next morning, found out that you won the games , did you luck out?

I just believe I (BOLD I) cannot predict game winners all I can get close to predicting is the closing line. that for me is my only hope of winning is to find value by trying to predict what the line will do.
    apples to apples really but my picks have absolutely nothing to do with me thinking the team wont score tonight, or they are wearing tighter headbands so they should have a tougher time shooting. its me saying 225 is wrong and I think it moves toward 220 and hope it gets closer to 220 so I can get some implied probability out of the closing line
    edited January 2020
    interesting