Betting Talk

nba 20-21

Comments

• rookrook Senior Member

Nuggets should be pissed going into game with Rockets but lots of points to cover (-13.5). Christian Wood out.

• rookrook Senior Member

OK I’m going double or nothing to try to get my Tigers money back: Cincinnati +102

• jets96jets96 Senior Member

just starting to dope games out...

i had mem yesterday -2.30 clearly wrong they won

had atl -5.80

had bky 5.10

had char -3.90 ......all wrong ,completely wrong

• rookrook Senior Member

Wait a minute, Hornets won by 6 and you had them winning by 4. How is that completely wrong? When you say you had Hornets -3.90 do you mean your calculations showed they would lose by 3.9 points?

no they would win by 3.90

• rookrook Senior Member

I think only about a third of NBA lines come within 5 points of the final score, and you came within 2 points on Hornets. You had Grizzlies win by 2 points right on the dot. The Hawks won by 15 instead of 6, but given the books thought they would lose by 6, you were right again. Nets was definitely not good, probably for the same reason I screwed up on the Celtics yesterday. I waited all the way through the game until they closed the gap to a 3-point deficit with very little time left, and told myself that the Celtics looked really chipper and fatigue just wasn’t going to be a factor going forward. Then the Celtics proceeded to make stupid turnover and miss free throws. They almost always screw up on b2b2, and I knew it, and ignored it to cause my own demise. Maybe your line didn’t factor fatigue in properly enough as well...

502 ny knicks pk

luck

its only numbers , the other intangibles your in charge of. i have knicks winning by 7 ...but thats got to be totally wrong....i love they both have two days rest , tor nice little winning stk all home, prove they can beat the knicks right now in a day game where with the knicks being home for a few days makes me more happy . their d picks up the pace when well rested , i hope it works out today, its only one game, like betting on the SB, its only one game and you should treat it as such.

• rookrook Senior Member

Last time they played Nurse seemed to have one foot in the tank and the other was out. I think he played Malachi Flynn more minutes than Lowry. They didn’t have Fred or Anunoby. The Knicks played a level or two lower than normal also, it seemed to me. By the time the game was over I felt like I’d been through a tour of an institution for the treatment of insane people. I think today I will try to see who is bringing what energy and bet from there.

ok ill find out the outcome much later going to my sons baseball game ...luck talk to you tonight

• rookrook Senior Member

There seems to be some kind of thing going on where Lowry is taking a step back from being in charge

• rookrook Senior Member

OK 9 mins left, Raptors +13...

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited April 2021

I don’t think that was such a terrible bet. They got the deficit down to 8 within 3 minutes. But Lowry is keeping a low profile and Siakam just doesn’t seem to care very much. Between the two of those guys it all went south from there. Plus, there wasn’t anything in the bet to conflict with your 7 point line...

my local just let me know i cant bet with him anymore, put in a very large bet which am sure he laid off to others ...

knicks ...and to think the market loved the raptors , wrong again.

wait i had bad CLV ...I SUCK

HERE you go what you think..

sas +3.5

chi +4

lal +1.5

am going to bet them on what you say

• rookrook Senior Member

Yep, you have to give the money back to the book...

• rookrook Senior Member

All these teams are pretty unreliable. Lakers is going to depend completely on how Davis plays. Last time he played pretty poorly. I mean he looked like he had spent the past few weeks lying in bed. So he’s one of the most dominant basketball players in the world, but he’s not used to standing upright any more and he has to figure out how to jump again, how to shoot straight again, and how to do a bunch of other basketball things that he hasn’t done in a while. After about 15 minutes of play the other night he left the game without having shown any signs of shedding the rust. But he’s Anthony Davis, so maybe he figured it all out yesterday. But until he at least gets some of the rust off, he’s actually a liability to the Lakers.

The Heat are b2b and 5n7, and surprisingly (to me) they are 1-2 at such situations this season. You might expect the Heat to perform a turnaround today because they were just embarrassed by the Hawks last night. But I haven’t watched either the Heat or the Bulls for a long time. I haven’t watched the Spurs or Pelicans much lately either, but that has been on purpose as they are both insane. So, whatever you do, luck!

Ok I'll pass on all of them even though my line say to take them...talk tomorrow

• rookrook Senior Member

I’d guess with Durant playing the value must be on the Suns. Little bit of an Anthony Davis situation again, must be a lot of rust, who knows how many minutes he can actually play. Last time they played in Phoenix, Harden beat the Suns all by himself, no Kyrie, no Durant, no Griffin, just the role players. Then they had kind of a happy on-court ha-we-really-stuck-it-to-them celebration which the Suns might still remember.

• rookrook Senior Member

But I’m thinking about betting my daughter’s pony on the Celtics this morning. They’ve got everybody but Williams, they’ve had a little rest, and they are coming off an undignified loss to the Nets. I just wish I knew which Hornets team is playing today...

when i seen boston by 9 this morning i knew that line was wrong, it corrected a little but not enough , the market treats them like road warriors but they are a mear 2-5 ats vs below 500 clubs in conf while char is 4-2 above , for me its char or nothing so its nothing. I cheer you on though.

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited April 2021

Hmm it was -7.5 when I last looked...now at -8. I’ve got them winning ATS away 6 out of the last 7 games, vs the bucks twice, Thunder, Nuggets, Trailblazers and Lakers. Maybe this is a matter of recent history vs longer term history. They lost the most recent game vs Nets, but that was probably due to fatigue and player shortage. Going over their last game vs Hornets, the first quarter played out even pretty much. So maybe I can hold off and check out PJ Washington. According to the blog, he’s the “streaky” guy who makes them shine one moment and stumble the next moment...

• rookrook Senior Member

If pj Washington come out hot, he might reduce the live odds to something more easy to swallow

• rookrook Senior Member

Hornets blog was excited because this game will be televised on espn. If the blog gets excited about that, maybe the players will too.

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited April 2021

The problem is that Celtics often get way ahead before you can bet anything live... and by that time you’re left to decide whether they can cover a mid teens spread, which they often do (but not often enough for my taste)

• rookrook Senior Member

I think one thing that would help is to figure out if the Hornets are a team that tends to freeze up vs strong defense

am liking milu in baseball today ...cubbies just 4-10 vs right handers and 6-0 vs lefties ..batting like 180 , i think its priced just right i have it at milu -125 ..if i find any nba game i like i might parlay them with milu

• rookrook Senior Member

So you’re saying I need to go double or nothing on Milwaukee? That will bring me up to half a unit today, and if I lose, the next double or nothing will be a full unit!