Betting Talk

Random thoughts and stuff

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    yes and within the next 5 years when most of the elders are long gone they'll get in. Maybe not Rose but one day he will to.
    edited August 2017
    I'd rather have them in then Craig Biggio and Barry Larkin. Really who's to say most everyone wasn't using. Canseco stated that 85% of all players were using how can you deny that he was right about everything else.

I don't understand why everybody gets worked up over it when if they had the chance the pants would fly off.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    Blame Selig for letting it go on while partying in the skyboxes. I sure as hell wouldn't want any part of playing infield in at 1st base with Bonds up. It's illegal just like in any other sport. In some cases they take away team wins whether track or many other sports when caught. Everybody doing it is no excuse.
    edited August 2017
    Let's live in the real world. When there's hundreds of millions involved everything and anything goes. Is the tightly wound ball or call it the juiced ball legal. Baseball's afraid with the drug policy doing it's job for the most part scoring was down and baseball doesn't like that so maybe they're playing with the ball. They do it in Golf way not baseball. Can't let things like this bother you. The truth of the matter is we really don't know what's going on in locker rooms.
    edited September 2017
    Tony Sanchez and the UNLV football program has set a "Ripley's Believe It or Not" record. Pointspread wise, the minus 45 UNLV team suffered the biggest upset in the history of football with a straight up loss to "powerhouse" Howard 43-40. Most of the athletic programs are in shambles. The recipe to rise to prominence? Eliminate the football program and extend efforts with the baskets. Local athlete talent want no part here.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Tony Sanchez and the UNLV football program has set a "Ripley's Believe It or Not" record. Pointspread wise, the minus 45 UNLV team suffered the biggest upset in the history of football with a straight up loss to "powerhouse" Howard 43-40. Most of the athletic programs are in shambles. The recipe to rise to prominence? Eliminate the football program and extend efforts with the baskets. Local athlete talent want no part here.

The Rebels might be competitive in the Big Sky.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    The Rebels might be competitive in the Big Sky.

I'd say more like a middle of the pack in the SWAC.
    edited September 2017
    Red Sox stealing Yankee signs high-tech? Well Bill Belichick was spotted on the tarmac entering a private plane occupied by RSox skipper JFarrell.:jk: Seriously now, here is a paragraph that makes the real charges.

"The clip that Cashman sent the league came from the first two games of the Yankees’ series in Boston between Aug. 18-20. The video, according to The Times, showed the trainer passing the information to Dustin Pedroia and Brock Holt, who then passed the information to Chris Young at the plate."

http://nypost.com/2017/09/05/yankees-bust-red-sox-in-high-tech-sign-stealing/?utm_source=maropost&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nypevening&utm_content=20170905&mpweb=755-4429858-719388777
    edited September 2017
    Baseball's answer to former boxer Buster Douglas.......Panda Sandovol. Currently 0 for 38 and closing in on the ML record set by another SFO Giant Johnny LeMaster 0 for 45. To JL's credit he was a decent shortstop.
    edited September 2017
    After further review MLB 0'fer record set by a Velez. 0 for 46 with SFO/LAD 2010/11. Bochy said he's starting Sandoval fri 9/8 vs Chisox. I think he's trying to tell the GM something.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Ron - Does that include pitchers? I'd have to assume no.
    edited September 2017
    You assume right Tommy. I remember Cub announcer PHughes whining about how bad Jon Lester was at the plate. 50 something consecutive at one one point . Dunno if he's gotten a hit lately, but the opponents have been teeing off on him.
  • Octan21Octan21 Member
    edited September 2017
    Ron,

I ran into Tony Salinas last night. He told me the Chiefs was "like stealing." Nothing has changed with him and he looks pretty damn good all things considering.
  • Octan21Octan21 Member
    edited September 2017
    Ron,

I ran into Tony Salinas last night. He told me the Chiefs was "like stealing." Nothing has changed with him and he looks pretty damn good all things considering.
    edited September 2017
    Octan21 wrote: »
    Ron,

Octan21,

Glad to hear he's stick kicking. He is tight with a former runner of mine and he's been MIA for almost a year. He still has a harem of young female 'admirers' for a guy his age. Going back, his wife/companion apparently gave full consent.
    edited September 2017
    Marshawn Lynch.....an overpaid, overweight has been can plop his ass on the ice for this rendition of the the SSB.

https://t.co/wbIjQ0ix4X
    edited September 2017
    ESPN can't even get the score correct ina game they are televising. WTF NDame 35-21.
    edited September 2017
    The average woman matures faster than the average man. Odell Beckham, Jr doesn't help the male cause.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2735283-giants-co-owner-john-mara-very-unhappy-with-odell-beckham-jrs-dog-celebration
    edited September 2017
    Romo upgrade over Simms. Why? This generation playing experience.
    edited September 2017
    I really like Phil Simms from his playing days and it's early but from what I've seem Romo is just better. Really enjoyed listening to him and his insights. Does it last who knows but he's off to a great start and yes your point is well taken and mostly true.

PS: Ron I'll be at the Yardhouse about 12:45 tomorrow (Friday) with keith if you're in the area and want to stop in. If not see you soon. Just finished playing Poker at the Rock got them again :laughing:
    edited September 2017
    Tried, but couldn't get there. Besides, looking for double digit entrees:D:D:D

You're a big chalk in that poker room. Some of the locals can be tough though. I envy you guys that can wear the same frown whether it's pocket Kings or drek. See you after the WS.
    edited September 2017
    Tried, but couldn't get there. Besides, looking for double digit entrees:D:D:D

You're a big chalk in that poker room. Some of the locals can be tough though. I envy you guys that can wear the same frown whether it's pocket Kings or drek. See you after the WS.

:sweatdrop:
    edited October 2017
    This is a sick world. Guy unloads automatic weapons on innocent civilians. Guy @ UMC tells me that some of the wounds are devastating. Conspiracy theorists are in full force.
    edited October 2017
    This is a sick world. Guy unloads automatic weapons on innocent civilians. Guy @ UMC tells me that some of the wounds are devastating. Conspiracy theorists are in full force.

My wife was working at the Mirage when crowds of people came running in yelling people are shooting so thinking was it's a terrorist attack and they're coming into the Mirage. So the emergency procedures (That everyone always complaints about going to the the yearly meetings) was put into effect and some of the Floor Supervisors and managers and even some Hosts really stepped up to see that all employees got out safely and were directed to the safe area.

The world has really gone crazy. Carry everywhere you go it's sad you can't feel safe anywhere.
    edited October 2017
    You think it's a coincidence that OAK QB DCARR was the only player standing during the NA @WASH last week and he barely passed for 100 yards, sacked 4x with multiple hurries? Sunday versus the Broncos in over 3qtrs he passed 143yds(64 on one play), sacked twice with many hurries and knocked outta the game. His replacement journeyman E.J. Manuel came in and was given plenty of protection and looked really good.

IMO, the moral of the story is: In team concept, you "go along to get along". Tom Brady subscribed.
    edited October 2017
    Would a team sabotage a season and future earnings because of one man's point of view? People don't have to like the people they work with but as a professional you do your job.
    edited October 2017
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Would a team sabotage a season and future earnings because of one man's point of view? People don't have to like the people they work with but as a professional you do your job.

What you said is true from a white man's perspective. To a black man that's caught up in emotionally charged inequity issues might be a different story. This kinda reminds me of a lesson I learned from the OJ trial. I bet an Asian-American big$ that Simpson would be found GUILTY. I even pressed the bet after such a quick deliberation. I lost but hopefully learned from it.
    edited October 2017
    After giving it some thought I would like to think in the game of football where permanent injury can affect your income and your family and most of all the rest of your life regardless of Race or beliefs that you would protect your teammate to the best of your ability. I would like to think that. They kneel in protest as it's their right to do so why would they feel betrayed by another regardless of teammate or anyone else not protesting in that way. Some believe it's not about the flag and that maybe so but there's some that believe it's wrong to use the Flag for your protest.
    edited October 2017
    I think in professional sports there is a big difference in giving 90% to a incentive laden 100%. When my leader disagrees with my grievances, whether intentional or psychological he's getting closer to 90 than full bore. I think that's what happened.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    It's pretty fucking hard to lose at home as a 31 point chalk, somehow Okla managed to get it done