Betting Talk

Random thoughts and stuff

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    I heard an interview that was kinda scary IMO. We know the ballplayer today doesn't care about striking out and I'll never understand that. Put a ball in play and anything could happen. I guess today's ballplayer is missing that or I'm missing something. I guess striking out with a man on third with one out no big deal.:sad:

So continuing with the interview it was said that after speaking with many pitchers they really don't care about walks and the rationalization is they'll strike out the next guy. I swear that's what he said.

They want to make the games faster but it seems like the game is slower with replays. Every year they add more things to replay. Like I said the other day man on first ground ball caught clean two outs why waste time two outs end of story nobody gets hurt. Juiced ball, tightly wound ball whenever it is more runs means longer games. IDK what they want. NFL receivers make the motion to throw a flag and look like idiots now baseball players run past first or slide into second or third and are called out and they jump up and start pointing to manager check it out it's a fucking joke. Can't pitch inside, players wear more body armor then an NFL quarter back.

As for Rizzo it's good to break rules once in a while and play baseball the way you were taught.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    The phantom tag of 2nd base was allowed to prevent injuries. A runner comes in standing to 2nd base to prevent a DP might need a dentist. Baseball was fine for over a century and now modern technology messes with the chemistry of the game. Hey, there's no turning back. Accept it or watch golf.

Oh yeah, they want more scoring? Minimize the defensive shifts.
    edited June 2017
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Oh yeah, they want more scoring? Minimize the defensive shifts.

Atlanta's M.Adams just grounded out the Right Fielder. Score it 6-3. Try telling a dead pull power hitter to go the other way or lay down a bunt:thumbdown:
    edited July 2017
    A cliche that NEVER applied to the gambling business:

"The customer is always right." Try saying that 3xs in a row in Spanish.
    edited July 2017
    The Yanks are screaming wtf is the Wimbledon Tennis this Sunday? Well the Brits aren't as greedy as the US is. Imagine any of the US major sports bypassing a lucrative viewing Sunday. No tennis today. The Brits call it People Sunday which allows the John Q. Fan to purchase the 11k seats that were normally reserved for the 'special people".
    edited July 2017
    O.J. Simpson up for parole in July.

Will be paroled -650
    Remains in the can +450
    edited July 2017
    Ya think Texas mighta gave Yu Darvish a nasty send off tonight versus Miami? Hung him out to dry.

9 hits and 10 earned in 3 2/3.
  • Gordon GekkoGordon Gekko Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Walters sentenced to 5 years following insider trading
    edited July 2017
    Walters sentenced to 5 years following insider trading

Thanks for the headsup GG. The feds wanted 10years and Berke wanted 1 year for his client BW. He cited health issues @ pre-sentencing hearing. The government countered that by noting BW's almost 80 rounds of recent golf. This ain't a death sentence, but close for a 71year old in good shape.
    edited July 2017
    Atlanta's Foltynewicz has good stuff but needs an adjustment between the ears.
    edited August 2017
    The more I see and hear about Pete Rose the realization kicks in. He's a characterless POS. A woman with no financial incentives just came out and signed an affidavit that Rose was banging her when she was a minor. No legal charges 'cause of SOL. This all occurred when PR was playing and married. Rose doesn't deny the charge except questions her age. The Phillies recent alumni event voided Rose's invite.
    edited August 2017
    Ya think maybe Cub Coach Maddon is being held in too high esteem? Ok, thinks outside the box and appears to use metrics in many decisions. Since his World Series blunders, he's starting to show leaks. Lineups, not as bad as Billy Martin's pick'em outta the hat, but nonsensical. Latest puzzler was yesterday's lineup. He loaded up 5 of 8 lefty position players. AZ starter Greinke just happens to be more effect versus lefties than righties.........Just wondering if the latest managerial icon is human.
    edited August 2017
    N E 1 still think the Marlins overpaid Stanton's contract? Donny Baseball's job security has just improved a bit with Jeter part of new ownership.
    edited August 2017
    N E 1 still think the Marlins overpaid Stanton's contract?

If new ownership(Jeter led) goes through, he GONE. Phillies as possible new home.
    edited August 2017
    Not in 2018
    edited August 2017
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Not in 2018

The sooner the better to relieve the financial burden. He just passed unclaimed on waivers. Loria's no dummy. He back loaded Stanton's contract and it's just starting to kick in. The thing that would stop a deal is Stanton's no-trade clause. The Marlins are a losing proposition.
    edited August 2017
    New ownership is not going to come in and release it's only draw and their best player. They'll need time to evaluate and see what direction they want to go moving forward. If he has a No-Trade clause then he's surely not going to Philly. Why would you go to a broken team and the best is to leave Miami to live in Philly, I don't think so. In 2019 they will seriously consider moving him.

Of course this is just my Opinion.
    edited August 2017
    edited August 2017
    I'm not saying they won't trade him I'm saying not next year and as far as some guy filling up space in some rag it doesn't alter my opinion.
  • standardmushstandardmush Junior Member
    edited August 2017
    New Bookmaker site design is beyond awful. Does anyone think they will eventually phase out the option to use the classic interface altogether?
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    New Bookmaker site design is beyond awful. Does anyone think they will eventually phase out the option to use the classic interface altogether?

Gee, I like it and think it's easier to work with. That seems to be the consensus I've seen around forumville so far too. What is it you think is awful compared to what they were using?
  • standardmushstandardmush Junior Member
    edited August 2017
    kdog wrote: »
    Gee, I like it and think it's easier to work with. That seems to be the consensus I've seen around forumville so far too. What is it you think is awful compared to what they were using?

I think my biggest gripe is not having limits listed for everything until you bring it into the betslip. Seems like I'm splitting hairs but who has time for the extra clicks am I right?
    edited August 2017
    8/28

Girardi finally seeing the light and giving slumping AJudge a day off. IMO, HRunDerby fukd this kid's swing and timing up. Similar thing happened couple years ago with TFrazier. Nightmare 2nd halfs.
    edited August 2017
    Is a slumping Trout(worse 0fer in career) worth 35+cents over replacement Maybin? Go figure.
    edited August 2017
    Poseyless Gts no movement with Hundley in his place. Two equals? my arse!
    edited August 2017
    Does MLB recognize GStanton as regular season HR king if he hits 62?
    edited August 2017
    Does MLB recognize GStanton as regular season HR king if he hits 62?

They discussed that the other day and the answer is No as it should be. There's nothing in the records just that Barry Bonds hit 73 Home Runs in one season. He also belongs in the Hall with Clemens. The worst omission in the Hall is Edgar Martinez and now lets see when Poppy comes up what are they going to do then.
    edited August 2017
    You wanna let the cheaters in? Ok, how about ARod?
    edited August 2017
    yes they all should get in. The ballplayers years ago were clean? IMO with or without Rods they're all HOF's. Were the pitchers clean? If you want to make a room for the Steroid era with a plaque stating a widespread use of Rods at that time, go ahead. Next you'll tell me that newly HOf'er by the name of Ivan "Pudge" Rodriquez, never used.
    edited August 2017
    The ppl that vote(Baseball writers) don't agree with you. While you're at it let Shoeless Joe in and the pedophile Pete Rose.