Betting Talk

BGPicks.com is up and running

Comments

• JafarJafar Banned
    edited August 2014
    RightAngle wrote: »
    His decision coincided with his recent poor results, and that was the only reason given to me in our brief discussion.

Rest assured I didn't in any way direct or pressure BG to refund his customers now with hopes that money would be spent on RAS.

I can only imagine what will happen if you have a negative season. The board would go bonkers. Especially the golfer.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    I'm not sure it could have been handled any better than he's handled it.

A lot of yoshing comments and a bunch of other bullshit in this thread but he's been quite professional throughout the whole thing. It sucks to lose, everybody gets that. Not sure there's any other tout service that offers a refund if you don't win.

I agree with this. I lost a lot of money, so I definitely have skin in the game, but I found him to be very professional and honest. He took a lot of personal attacks and handled it better than I could've.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    There are no locks. I played him him til late June (minus most of the Buckshit and Pissy plays) . I am glad to be getting a refund. I would sign up under similar circumstances next year. I would just love a brief explanation on the repeated picking of a mechanically and physiologically damaged Clay Buckshit.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    So the thought here is.
    The refunds coming at the same time signups for the RAS college service coming out are not orchestrated ? OK

Also -
    He is a great loser ? Really ?
    Doubling and Tripling the number of plays. Hmm

Some of you guys have very Rosy views on the obvious.

1. Who cares if it coincides with RAS football package? How does it effect you?

2. I'd rather have the rosy view than the shit view you seem to have
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Services operated by BG, SY and Kellen are handled by each individual, independent of me and/or RAS. We provide web site design, programming, maintenance, and other logistics support, but that's it.

BG's decision to issue refunds now was entirely his own and to my knowledge had everything to do with his recent poor results, not the upcoming CFB season or RAS service.

I would have to think you get some type of percentage of signups. Why else would you do it then? When these touts have poor results it reflects upon you as well. You are/were very successful in the tout business with the RAS CBB and CFB. No need to promote other services unless it is financially beneficial to you.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited August 2014
    Bookbraker wrote: »
    I would have to think you get some type of percentage of signups. Why else would you do it then? When these touts have poor results it reflects upon you as well. You are/were very successful in the tout business with the RAS CBB and CFB. No need to promote other services unless it is financially beneficial to you.

Yes, we are absolutely compensated for the services mentioned above, but the websites are operated by each individual.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited August 2014
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    1. Who cares if it coincides with RAS football package? How does it effect you?

2. I'd rather have the rosy view than the shit view you seem to have
    Give decaf coffee a try, long football season ahead. Lmao.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Services operated by BG, SY and Kellen are handled by each individual, independent of me and/or RAS. We provide web site design, programming, maintenance, and other logistics support, but that's it.

BG's decision to issue refunds now was entirely his own and to my knowledge had everything to do with his recent poor results, not the upcoming CFB season or RAS service.

Services listed in the first paragraph leave out the most important part ; you endorse their services.
    edited August 2014
    2sportguy wrote: »
    Services listed in the first paragraph leave out the most important part ; you endorse their services.

Regardless, they are each their own entity and are operated by each individual as such.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited August 2014
    Regardless, they are each their own entity and are operated by each individual as such.

I think what they are all getting at is, did you refund your commissions back to BG to disperse to his customers or were you the only person to make money off this abortion?
    edited August 2014
    Jafar wrote: »
    I think what they are all getting at is, did you refund your commissions back to BG to disperse to his customers or were you the only person to make money off this abortion?

Obviously not making anything off money refunded. All I was refuting was the notion that the upcoming CFB season had anything to do with the timing of BG issuing refunds.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Much stronger lately, beat the close on 18 straight plays.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I had SEA -160/-167 last night for a big bet. Looked at my e-mail inbox this morning and it's only fitting that BG was on the other side of that miracle with better line value to boot.

Sometimes its just not your year...
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    worm why do you sharps hate chris young so much?!?
    edited August 2014
    I had SEA -160/-167 last night for a big bet. Looked at my e-mail inbox this morning and it's only fitting that BG was on the other side of that miracle with better line value to boot.

Sometimes its just not your year...

Lol... I had that and atl +104
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    worm why do you sharps hate chris young so much?!?

Ha pretty basic he's outpitched his peripherals all year. I actually like him vs right handed batters. Vs leftys though he's still pretty awful. I've been on him a fair amount lately haven't been against him very much if at all.
  • paid03paid03 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    worm33 wrote: »
    Ha pretty basic he's outpitched his peripherals all year. I actually like him vs right handed batters. Vs leftys though he's still pretty awful. I've been on him a fair amount lately haven't been against him very much if at all.

He's outpitched his peripherals his entire career, guy is a wizard. There's rarely value in fading CY.
  • kirkmullerkirkmuller Junior Member
    edited August 2014
    Is BG offering a service for NFL?
  • mjnapcomjnapco Member
    edited August 2014
    Is this a serious question or is this a joke? Before you answer let's recap. His inaugural season at a cost of $1700 is currently at -63 units. That could be considered one of the worst seasons in the HISTORY of paid services. -63 units!!! Do you really want someone's picks who is -63 in ANY sport?QUOTE=kirkmuller;852355]Is BG offering a service for NFL?[/QUOTE]
  • DogsoutDogsout Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    kirkmuller wrote: »
    Is BG offering a service for NFL?

If he did would you subscribe?
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Dogsout wrote: »
    If he did would you subscribe?

pending on cost, I would yes.
    edited August 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    pending on cost, I would yes.

me too
  • white broncowhite bronco Member
    edited August 2014
    I can't figure out if BG seeing this season through to the end is a display of tremendous persistence, or profound stupidity, given that the results to this point seem to suggest that he's fighting a losing war.

There are many depressing things in the world. People in Africa are hungry. There is a water crisis in California. The streets aren't safe in cities like Chicago and St. Louis. And then there's BG, releasing six MLB plays on the first College Football Saturday to subscribers who have already been refunded.

The betting gods owe him a good NFL season.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I can't figure out if BG seeing this season through to the end is a display of tremendous persistence, or profound stupidity, given that the results to this point seem to suggest that he's fighting a losing war.

There are many depressing things in the world. People in Africa are hungry. There is a water crisis in California. The streets aren't safe in cities like Chicago and St. Louis. And then there's BG, releasing six MLB plays on the first College Football Saturday to subscribers who have already been refunded.

The betting gods owe him a good NFL season.

Al Cowlings you are forgetting the partial subscriptions that stay in his pocket. He must continue to flip the coin.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Ron we are all still awaiting your illustrious thread of picks. Coin flips or not.
    edited September 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    Ron we are all still awaiting your illustrious thread of picks. Coin flips or not.

Ronbets wrote: »
    Red's ace reliever AChapman suffered a serious injury tonight by taken a line drive off his face. Broken nose and eye socket. He was down for almost 10minutes and the game was subsequently called after 5. I'm playing all the under 85minus juice and under 84.5even I can find.

Newc,
    This game is my livelihood. I'm not a VISTA volunteer. Much of my stuff is from various groups. If you paid attention last March it mighta put some gas $$ in ur pocket.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    In other words, I couldn't produce a +ev bet on my own with tomorrows newspaper and an SIA account.
    edited September 2014
    durito wrote: »
    In other words, I couldn't produce a +ev bet on my own with tomorrows newspaper and an SIA account.

Hey Scammer, tough day on the soccer field. What do they call you on the other board?...... Durito Bandito?
    Wanna take shots at me? I'm here 3rd World Dweller.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited September 2014
    n.
    I think he has to continue as Newc and Lumpy are convinced he will win by the end of the year.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    I think he has to continue as Newc and Lumpy are convinced he will win by the end of the year.

How big would the outrage be if a team that's down 10 runs decides to throw the towel and hit the showers? 'Hey ref, we're done here, give them the win! Taking the first red-eye back to our hometown'

Give the man props for not hiding anything. America loves a good comeback story. Watch him rise again! (Dan LaFontaine voice)