Betting Talk

BGPicks.com is up and running

Comments

• munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    I personally think it's a damned shame that a man who gave huge winning MLB seasons to so many people gratis has done this poorly in his first attempt at making a business go of it. I won plenty by following him for a long time and feel terrible that a man who clearly wants to help others make money has been unable to do so in 2014. I think he's a great guy who's been generous with his time and information for years and I'm rooting for his service to make a huge comeback the rest of the way. My .02.:shakehands:
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    munson15 wrote: »
    I believe the only bets that are good in a rain-shortened game are ML, everything else is no-actioned.

I had a PUSH/NO BET on my 1H orioles game too. I'm pretty sure it is because the game, although official, did NOT go a FULL 5 innings. The rules at DSI say 1H bets MUST go a FULL 5 INNINGS.
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Fun week or so a few weeks ago. Now back to the beatings. Sigh
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I didn't sign up to be getting killed during the week and then have 7 plays on a Sunday... Like other ppl have questioned in the past,but this is just chasing at this point.

I really thought we turned it around at the break and then we have this week..
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Why was the BG Banner taken down?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Why was the BG Banner taken down?

Have you seen his record? JK, it would appear that football season is upon us OT, time for the boss to get busy
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Looks like we're going to smash the 50 unit barrier
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    This is the finest example of Yoshing I've seen in a while. Many of these kids never heard of Kelly. You're breaking them.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Another losing night...This guy is absolute horse shit.. I can't believe how bad he has done and all he is doing now is chasing.... 8 fucken plays today!!

It's no ones fault but my own that I have followed him this long... I'm done, I lost enough money with this fucken guy. I have been on this site for 6 years and I have never blown up this bad on a post. I'm fucken disgusted at how bad his plays are !! A complete joke.. This guy has put out around 25 plays that past 4 days... Lost almost everyone one!!
  • RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I know that Edward and his crew are infinitely smarter than I am but I would like to give them some advice: PLEASE QUIT ADVOCATING OTHER SERVICES. While Stevie Y has done some better than 50%, between Kellen and this sham of a baseball service, I've lost nearly everything RAS has earned over the past 2-3 years. I've fallen for this baseball shit twice this year so shame on me I guess. I signed up early, lost around $20k then stopped, regrouped and tried again after the All-Star break and have lost another 20k or so. He is 8-22 in August, playing mostly favorites. It is obvious when you have 5, 6, 7 plays per day and don't even play totals that you are obviously just chasing and flipping coins. I am so disgusted with myself for trying this shit again. Please Ed, just stick with your model and quit promoting these two services.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Ron, I agree with you on RAS advocating other services, he should stand or fall on his own merits, but I strongly disagree with your statement that BG is chasing and/or flipping coins. Obviously, his picks stink this year, but I will never believe he is leading players down the path with anything but the best intentions. If he stopped posting plays that would be the best solution, there is nothing to be gained at this point since the season is lost and the temptation is too great for the PLAYERS TO CHASE on further action. My .02.:shakehands:
  • oxfordoxford Junior Member
    edited August 2014
    I usually keep quiet, but I just cannot take this burial anymore. All I've done since following BuffetGambler and the others is lose and lose and lose. It makes me sick. A quick glance I think I've lost 80 units or so since last summer. I have had enough. I don't even have a bankroll to subscribe to RAS. Fucking brutal
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    oxford wrote: »
    I usually keep quiet, but I just cannot take this burial anymore. All I've done since following BuffetGambler and the others is lose and lose and lose. It makes me sick. A quick glance I think I've lost 80 units or so since last summer. I have had enough. I don't even have a bankroll to subscribe to RAS. Fucking brutal

Same boat. Between getting killed with 2 years of Kellen and even having Stevie down overall this year and now this my bankroll looks like it did when I started gambling. Just brutal, I feel like the same goof I did when I first started gambling and signed up for some of those Lang type services.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited August 2014
    Jafar wrote: »
    I was gonna comment on this earlier. He sounds ridiculous and purposefully trying to talk over your head. The guys with "proprietary algorithms" and the like are just trying to create a perception about them where if you have no idea what the secret sauce is it must be good.

I don't follow BG. But just reading his posts would be enough to keep me away.

I'll just go ahead and bump this from 3 months ago.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Ay Caramba...........1-13 last 12 picks.

So glad I stopped, what a bloodbath.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I have never seen anyone flat bet 1 unit games and lose 50 units in a single season in one sport. As I've said before on here it's only variance until it isn't, well, let me help you, it isn't. I quit after a month and a half and that is the most plus EV thing I've ever done. Fuck I said 50 units, it may be about 70.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Is BG releasing any preseason NFL?
    edited August 2014
    Is BG releasing any preseason NFL?

Can't wait to jump on it if he is
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited August 2014
    So any odds on if there is a 2nd year ?
    edited August 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    So any odds on if there is a 2nd year ?

Not sure, but Dr H just tripled his customer base for next year. Unreal year for him!
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Not sure, but Dr H just tripled his customer base for next year. Unreal year for him!

Let's be clear that I do hope that Dr.H does well with his picks and his amount of subs (and any other transparent +EV service for that matter).

But from a psychologic viewpoint this is a very interesting remark.
    If you're a sophisticated bettor that buys subs from handicappers who are deemed +EV. You just rode one of the most disappointing and bankroll crippling service years ever to the point of not believing anymore that said service is originating +EV bets and then next thing you do is go out there and look for another service to buy? Maybe this could be a case for Dan Ariely in his next 'Predictably Irrational' book.

I don't know BG nor am I a sub, but I'm really wondering what he would do different If he could turn back the clock to March 1st 2014. Is it all really variance? Did Joe Peta's coined term "cluster luck', do him in? Is he going to shut down the service or ride it out till the end of the season? In any way, I hope he (and all of his subs) can look back in a couple of years and reminisce about the negative blip in his record as a small bump on the road to bigger bankrolls.
  • DogsoutDogsout Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Obi One wrote: »
    the negative blip in his record as a small bump on the road to bigger bankrolls.

Not a sub either but If you think -50 units is a "Small Bump" I would hate like hell to see what you definition of a BIG bump is.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Dogsout wrote: »
    Not a sub either but If you think -50 units is a "Small Bump" I would hate like hell to see what you definition of a BIG bump is.

That sentence was well tought of and weighted before I typed it.
    I mentioned earlier that this was 'one of the most disappointing and bankroll crippling service years ever', but if in future years he continues to originate +EV bets and he does average +60 units across all sports for 4 years, then -50 units is a 'small' blip isn't it? It's all relative to his future output. I hope he does well, for him and for his subs. That's what I meant.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Obi One wrote: »
    That sentence was well tought of and weighted before I typed it.
    I mentioned earlier that this was 'one of the most disappointing and bankroll crippling service years ever', but if in future years he continues to originate +EV bets and he does average +60 units across all sports for 4 years, then -50 units is a 'small' blip isn't it? It's all relative to his future output. I hope he does well, for him and for his subs. That's what I meant.

And if my grandmother had balls she would be my grandfather.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Sixth Sense 2012 was actually worse in terms of units because he suggested people bet 3% of bank per play and not resize bet size until the end of the season, so that would have been a loss of -69.6% of bankroll.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Sixth Sense 2012 was actually worse in terms of units because he suggested people bet 3% of bank per play and not resize bet size until the end of the season, so that would have been a loss of -69.6% of bankroll.

Still some season left.... I'm confident we can smash that record
    edited August 2014
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    Still some season left.... I'm confident we can smash that record

Lmfao!!!!!!!!! Holy fuck that was funny
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Just got back from Saratoga, been there for over 2 weeks and recouped some of my losses from BG. I stopped playing at the time I left.
    I have to admit this is the worst I ever seen BG do in bases. Real shame
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Just got back from Saratoga, been there for over 2 weeks and recouped some of my losses from BG. I stopped playing at the time I left.
    I have to admit this is the worst I ever seen BG do in bases. Real shame

You beat Saratoga? Good for you Wraps. With the heat and humidity tough to win at the Spa unless ur moving for the right ppl.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Lmfao!!!!!!!!! Holy fuck that was funny

Talk about abuse wow it's like someone put a gun to your head to subscribe to his service.
    everyone was singing his praise the year before.
    Ronbets posted it's yoshing like he's never seen and I agree and anyone who disagrees is kidding himself and he also states that he's breaking bankrolls I also agree but this IMO is where the big dogs hang out and if you didn't back off completely or if you don't how to manage your B/R well lesson learned. My point is you would do the same thing. Give the guy a break his bad year like we all have just came at a bad time.