Betting Talk

BGPicks.com is up and running

Comments

• BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited July 2014
    Hook I thought you were stopping after the 30 threshold ?

I would share my thoughts on the plays but think it would start a war, and I may piss off Ed, so good luck with whatever you decide.
    Shot you an email about it a while back don't know if you got it.

GL
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    By my accounting he has now played Boston 45 times for -14.66 units. At what point to you consider you may have over valued this team?
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Hook I thought you were stopping after the 30 threshold ?

I would share my thoughts on the plays but think it would start a war, and I may piss off Ed, so good luck with whatever you decide.

Shot you an email about it a while back don't know if you got it.

GL

I never received ur email BK. Send it again, I would love to hear ur thoughts. Let me know when you send it and if I don't receive it, I can ask the mod for ur email address.

I decided to keep playing his games, I went against my own personal rule. I just hope by the end of baseball he has won back some units.

Good luck
  • alamoalamo Member
    edited July 2014
    Been a disastrous campaign.Sadly I cannot sustain the losses anymore and going to have to bow out and wait for my sub back bar a miracle. GL to all for rest of season.
  • Octan21Octan21 Member
    edited July 2014
    buythehook wrote: »
    Not to get into a pissing match with u, but I don't sweat the games.

When we keep on betting on a team that can't hit for their life and I drop an average of -190 on them... I feel I can vent a little bit. The redsox have killed us this year.

No chance of a pissing match----you're a good guy. Anyway, the line closed around -215. So, knowing that, you'd take your chances with Red Sox -180 everytime, right?

There's usually one team that is a big loser for you. Conversely, there's also usually a team that wins alot. Groovin Mahoovin is great at explaining things like this. As is BG of course. Anyway, I'm sorry you're having a rough baseball season. In my opinion it's very difficult to win nowadays.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    For those "done" did you get a prorated return or just holding out till hte end of the year assuming the 36 units won't be made up and getting a full refund?
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Is he going all the way to the end of the season or stopping at All-star break like last year?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Is he going all the way to the end of the season or stopping at All-star break like last year?

Whole season.

For future reference, all info is on his site.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Goats wrote: »

For future reference, all info is on his site.

Why is your avatar a goat's head if your name is Goats? Shouldn't it be more than just one goat?
  • DogsoutDogsout Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    bumpo wrote: »
    By my accounting he has now played Boston 45 times for -14.66 units. At what point to you consider you may have over valued this team?

My question would be "at what point do you start betting against them"?
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Probably the dumbest thing I've done in all my years, but I am no longer betting favorites BG sends. Just the dogs now, and have reduced my bet size. Can't wait to see how THIS works out. :scare:
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    bumpo wrote: »

what was his avg clv on those?
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    what was his avg clv on those?

I remember tallying that up a few weeks ago and it was roughly the same as his overall average CLV. I don't have the exact number though and it is possible it changed a little since then. If I have time later I can calculate it.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    fittingly the last of my $ in my account is on the red sox tonight.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Octan21 has summarized my various posts over the years pretty well. I'm not sure why someone LOLed at my advice about not sweating games, but most gamblers get way too wound up in the results of any particular game, day, week, or whatever other small unit of time you want to use. Unless you are a skilled enough handicapper that you can actually evaluate a team based on watching them, for example someone skilled enough that you can evaluate a pitcher's mechanics based on a few starts, sweating games is a waste of time and can only lead to bad habits.

I do know winners who sweat games once in a while because they consider it entertaining, but these aren't people who are going to decide that laying -140 fading John Stanks was a bad idea because it's losing 5-3.

I'm a bit short on time but baseball betting is not as simple as "big favorite = bad bet" or "big dog = good bet." Every square, rhombus, and trapezoid on forums seems to think that betting a favorite is bad. I see a new scam tout every day saying "I win because I bet dogs and that's the only way to win!" FWIW I played two biggish faves today, and they're the same ones BG took (BOS -140 and WAS -152.)
  • TotallyTiltTotallyTilt Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Octan21 has summarized my various posts over the years pretty well. I'm not sure why someone LOLed at my advice about not sweating games, but most gamblers get way too wound up in the results of any particular game, day, week, or whatever other small unit of time you want to use.

I didn't know that was your handle, sorry. I thought it was some fictional character I didn't know about, hence the LOL.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Octan21 has summarized my various posts over the years pretty well. I'm not sure why someone LOLed at my advice about not sweating games, but most gamblers get way too wound up in the results of any particular game, day, week, or whatever other small unit of time you want to use. Unless you are a skilled enough handicapper that you can actually evaluate a team based on watching them, for example someone skilled enough that you can evaluate a pitcher's mechanics based on a few starts, sweating games is a waste of time and can only lead to bad habits.

I do know winners who sweat games once in a while because they consider it entertaining, but these aren't people who are going to decide that laying -140 fading John Stanks was a bad idea because it's losing 5-3.

I'm a bit short on time but baseball betting is not as simple as "big favorite = bad bet" or "big dog = good bet." Every square, rhombus, and trapezoid on forums seems to think that betting a favorite is bad. I see a new scam tout every day saying "I win because I bet dogs and that's the only way to win!" FWIW I played two biggish faves today, and they're the same ones BG took (BOS -140 and WAS -152.)

I watch me a lot of baseball...I also had Boston wash and Texas was opposite on Toronto. Nice day :(
    edited July 2014
    worm33 wrote: »
    I watch me a lot of baseball...

Do you consider watching the same as sweating? I watch a ton of college football/basketball, of course games that I bet on, but I would never consider it sweating. To me if you are sweating games that's a clear sign you don't trust your edge, if you even have one in the first place. (Me watching NBA).
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    procap wrote: »
    Do you consider watching the same as sweating? I watch a ton of college football/basketball, of course games that I bet on, but I would never consider it sweating. To me if you are sweating games that's a clear sign you don't trust your edge, if you even have one in the first place. (Me watching NBA).

You might want to write that last sentence capitalised and bolded.
    It's the one thing 99% of the betting population does not come to grips with.
    edited July 2014

I only watch the games I bet. I want to win. I'm not a robot so yes I'm "sweating" the games. We may have different opinions on that word I guess
    edited July 2014
    worm33 wrote: »
    I only watch the games I bet. I want to win. I'm not a robot so yes I'm "sweating" the games. We may have different opinions on that word I guess

Yeah, I'm certainly not claiming to be a robot. Idk, when I hear "sweating" I just think the most extreme, being on edge because you "can't afford" to lose or you're hoping to win... which is why I said about not trusting your edge, etc.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    I.am.a.robot.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    I prefer to sweat games by frantically refreshing the play by play.
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I'm certainly not claiming to be a robot. Idk, when I hear "sweating" I just think the most extreme, being on edge because you "can't afford" to lose or you're hoping to win... which is why I said about not trusting your edge, etc.

Yes we certainly view that word differently.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    durito wrote: »
    I prefer to sweat games by frantically refreshing the play by play.

This is the only way to sweat. Especially when the page won't load and you check the comment section
  • bkszebksze Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    dtrain11 wrote: »
    This is the only way to sweat. Especially when the page won't load and you check the comment section

Funny you mention this, I know if RAS or lately BG has a good/bad day by the email notifications that pop up in their respective comments thread!
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    bksze wrote: »
    Funny you mention this, I know if RAS or lately BG has a good/bad day by the email notifications that pop up in their respective comments thread!

Lolll... This is so true.. I remember at the end of a very close game, during the day I would get caught up in doing something and then I would receive an email notification and once I seen it was from golfer.. I knew we fuckin lost... Lolll
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    dtrain11 wrote: »

Ohh man, I used to do this all the time. Then like a year or two ago, espn fucked it up and made all comments be posted via Facebook login. Comments decreased massively. I used to use comments for those 12AM Hawaii tip off games, dudes would do play by play in the comments while it took espn 5 minutes to update.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    So today's the day we don't bet the Red Sox?
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Smashing the 40 unit barrier....sigh