Betting Talk

Buffettgambler 2015 MLB Discussion Thread

Comments

• cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Ebirt wrote: »
    i can only go off what's on his page. since the above post, the two errors noted earlier have been corrected. but oddly, i'm getting a different win and loss count than i got previously. now i'm seeing 63 losses and 59 wins.

here's the before and after screen shots from yesterday following a 1-2 full game totals day:

14sjm0j.png

2ekufl5.png

So this doesn't include his record under his other alias? Gotcha
    edited January 2016
    i can only go off what's on his page. since the above post, the two errors noted earlier have been corrected. but oddly, i'm getting a different win and loss count than i got previously. now i'm seeing 63 losses and 59 wins.

here's the before and after screen shots from yesterday following a 1-2 full game totals day:

14sjm0j.png

2ekufl5.png

• lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    cpech56 wrote: »

so clever you had to post it twice?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2016
    cpech56 wrote: »

Is he selling (or giving out) picks under another alias this season? Or is this in reference to him switching up his alias here several years ago? (which obviously wouldn't impact this year's record for his service, but maybe was just meant as a "dig" at him)
  • EbirtEbirt Junior Member
    edited January 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    Is he selling (or giving out) picks under another alias this season?

i highly doubt it. and for what it's worth, this isn't an attack on dr h the handicapper. his full game totals have been subpar the last few years, but he's gotten solid clv. he also put together a couple of fine mlb seasons.

but in this very thread, H called out a respected handicapper for his record keeping on free forum plays, so it seems only fair that he should be questioned when errors are discovered on his paid service plays. that records page has been a disaster. it shouldn't be that hard to properly log a few dozen plays in a table every week and to do it accurately.
    edited January 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    Is he selling (or giving out) picks under another alias this season? Or is this in reference to him switching up his alias here several years ago? (which obviously wouldn't impact this year's record for his service, but maybe was just meant as a "dig" at him)

This was most certainly intended to be a dig at him. Feel free to delete one of the posts. It's just funny to me really how this is slowly evolving.
    edited January 2016
    i highly doubt it. and for what it's worth, this isn't an attack on dr h the handicapper. his full game totals have been subpar the last few years, but he's gotten solid clv. he also put together a couple of fine mlb seasons.

but in this very thread, H called out a respected handicapper for his record keeping on free forum plays, so it seems only fair that he should be questioned when errors are discovered on his paid service plays. that records page has been a disaster. it shouldn't be that hard to properly log a few dozen plays in a table every week and to do it accurately.

Unless you're trying to hide something.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Ebirt, why did you a choose a username that spells Tribe backwards?
  • ct5320ct5320 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    underwraps wrote: »
    Ebirt, why did you a choose a username that spells Tribe backwards?

Because "Anuhak" would have been too obvious
    edited January 2016
    ct5320 wrote: »
    Because "Anuhak" would have been too obvious

I'm not so sure that is Kahuna, but who knows.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2016
    I'm not so sure that is Kahuna, but who knows.

I'd bet that it isn't.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    DrH sent out a few emails to his subs that the site crashed and needed to renter a bunch of results and Im sure some just got mixed up. Then a couple days ago his site got hacked and it looks like it's back up now. This is my 2nd yr as a cbb customer and was also on board with his mlb and I've never questioned his record keeping, I'm sure that the two odd events with his site caused some things to get messed up.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    jm wrote: »
    DrH sent out a few emails to his subs that the site crashed and needed to renter a bunch of results and Im sure some just got mixed up. Then a couple days ago his site got hacked and it looks like it's back up now. This is my 2nd yr as a cbb customer and was also on board with his mlb and I've never questioned his record keeping, I'm sure that the two odd events with his site caused some things to get messed up.

loyalty is a beautiful thing... crashed and hacked in a short span is pretty incredible. i could care less but its funny to read all of this.
    edited January 2016

i also see that he tweeted something similar. a site crashing and/or getting hacked is forgivable. but to go several weeks and still not have accurate records isn't, at least not for someone claiming 100% transparency while demanding it of others, including in this very thread.

if i could spot multiple errors in H's record by simply scanning his records page in a few minutes, he should be able to do the same. if i spent another hour, who knows what else i would find?

again, i think it's a fair question to ask. as H himself said of buffet a few pages back.....
    Dr. H wrote: »
    I assume the people following him and the several posters requesting a record update might care. Or the people wondering if he's worth following. Could be wrong though.

My records for the last 2 years are up on my site every day.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    newcombe wrote: »
    loyalty is a beautiful thing... crashed and hacked in a short span is pretty incredible. i could care less but its funny to read all of this.

His sites homepage said "Hacked by (something)" with music playing in the background and some weird image. Common sense, not loyalty, led me to my conclusion.
    edited January 2016
    i also see that he tweeted something similar. a site crashing and/or getting hacked is forgivable. but to go several weeks and still not have accurate records isn't, at least not for someone claiming 100% transparency while demanding it of others, including in this very thread.

if i could spot multiple errors in H's record by simply scanning his records page in a few minutes, he should be able to do the same. if i spent another hour, who knows what else i would find?

again, i think it's a fair question to ask. as H himself said of buffet a few pages back.....

You're gonna be waiting awhile for a response.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    His sites homepage said "Hacked by (something)" with music playing in the background and some weird image. Common sense, not loyalty, led me to my conclusion.

i was more just having fun with it jm... no offense. go tigers...
    edited January 2016
    ebirt, you still have not answered the question why you chose to use Tribe backwards in your username
    edited January 2016
    ebirt, you still have not answered the question why you chose to use Tribe backwards in your username

i initially registered to comment on h's hypocritical comments re: buffet.

also, hrd wouldn't have been as obvious.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    prior to yesterday's games, dr h's full game totals record was listed as 53-60 for -15 units

after a 1-2 day on full game totals, his record was listed at 54-62 for -14.2 units. how can your full game units improve when you won 1 and lost 2?

The bolded was a typo. 53-60 is obviously -13 units, not 15. So then 1-2 makes 54-62, -14.2
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm not interested in discussing BG any further, but I will admit that my comments were out of line. I apologize and wish him and his followers luck.

I'm also not interested in any further dialogue on this after this post, but I felt the need to address the accusation that my records are fraudulent. Feel free to respond obviously, but I don't want to spend any more time on it.

In 2 years, there's never been an issue with accuracy in the overall record, and every game (with the exception of the games during the crashes this year) is displayed 10 minutes after start. Every result is graded and the site is updated by the next day at the latest. That's as transparent as I (or anyone) can be. When my site was down, I even tweeted out the plays 10 minutes after the start of each game.

There has never been a concern brought up about the honesty of my service records, and several members of this board have subscribed to my service during that 2 years. If my service weren't honest, it would have been brought to light by now.

To address the current situation brought up by "ebirt": Yes, there were some holes in my archive. Glaring holes, actually. My site crashed, I fixed it, and then it got hacked, and I've been playing catch up ever since. I've scrambled to get the games entered in, and clearly didn't take enough care to make sure they were accurate. In my haste I obviously made a mistake or two updating the tables with the record breakdown as noted above with the 53-60 -15 issue. However, the overall record displayed at the top of the NCAAB 2015-2016 archive was always correct and there was never any attempt made to deceive or mislead people. The mistakes weren't even in my favor. The timing coincided with a downturn, but correlation does not always equal causation. I’ve had several downturns before, and I’ll have several more. The reason here was the website issues and then my overlooking the importance of getting each game into the archives correctly.

Apologize for any confusion.

Good luck to everybody!
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    Drh claimed a win on VCU/St. Louis second half over yesterday and it lost. On his website it says he won.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Drh claimed a win on VCU/St. Louis second half over yesterday and it lost. On his website it says he won.

Golfer ur hallucinating. VCU played Dayton yesterday. The 2nd half over won.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited March 2016

Too early to be drinking. VCU/St Louis didnt play yesterday. Looks like he had 2nd half plays in both VCU and St Louis games and they both did win. You know you get to count OT in 2nd half bets right?
    edited March 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Golfer ur hallucinating. VCU played Dayton yesterday. The 2nd half over won.

Sorry I meant VCU/Dayton
    edited March 2016
    StevieY wrote: »
    Too early to be drinking. VCU/St Louis didnt play yesterday. Looks like he had 2nd half plays in both VCU and St Louis games and they both did win. You know you get to count OT in 2nd half bets right?

The site I was looking at said they scored 56 in regulation and 15 more in OT so that's 71. He posted over 73. Obviously the yahoo sports app is wrong
  • ct5320ct5320 Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    The Yahoo sports app is what I use too, clearly shows 25 in OT.
    edited March 2016
    Shit, brain fart your right. Sorry guys
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    Shit, brain fart your right. Sorry guys

Still looking for the negative in every post or thrend. It seems your so excited that you found a mistake you just can't wait to get it down and let people know that someone made a mistake and the thinking is it makes you look better. Couldn't stand people that use to come running to me to point out someone who made a mistake once in a while thinking I would think they were smarter then that person. We all make mistakes but you seem to get pleasure from finding them. Just a little advice if the mistakes are not chronic let it go you'll feel better about yourself. Yea Dubbs I'm sure he's in person.

Edit:
    Try not to BS your way out of it when you get busted that's what men do they own it.
    edited March 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Still looking for the negative in every post or thrend. It seems your so excited that you found a mistake you just can't wait to get it down and let people know that someone made a mistake and the thinking is it makes you look better. Couldn't stand people that use to come running to me to point out someone who made a mistake once in a while thinking I would think they were smarter then that person. We all make mistakes but you seem to get pleasure from finding them. Just a little advice if the mistakes are not chronic let it go you'll feel better about yourself. Yea Dubbs I'm sure he's in person.

Edit:
    Try not to BS your way out of it when you get busted that's what men do they own it.
    m

Lol. Please find one other post I've ever made on this forum pointing out someone else's record mistakes? Trust me I'll own it, it was my fault I read the score wrong. Get over it.