Betting Talk

Buffettgambler 2015 MLB Discussion Thread

Comments

• namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Dr H......just post a lifetime and be done with it.

Posters, clients and future clients will probably weight the most recent 1000 picks more heavily. I think most would agree that you have improved

Can't really see any reason not to.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    To StJoe

(it wasn't just his overall record, but how he blatantly chased after getting stuck)

Just my opinion but yes RAS is a partner when promoting someone and sets that person up with his IT guys and the rest is up to the service. I believe that RAS wanted a one stop shop for all your sports needs. He took people that won in the past and put a plan in motion. Nothing wrong with that he had means and everything in place from his own business and thought he would pick the right people. It just blew up with SS and BG

Two mistake's that I thought were made with BG were Money back guarantee's which put him into a spot that he felt he had to chase to keep the money but it just got worst. That was a total disregard for his clients. The service should have stopped sometime after the all-star break. He would have been much better off the next year with a little lower rate and brought back most of his clinets. As you see by the Thanks he gets people still follow. Which by the way is crazy and as far as his record is concern IMO I know what it is and couldn't give a rat's ass if it's posted.The game at this point has passed him by. Stjoe there's always money involved nothing for free.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    To StJoe

(it wasn't just his overall record, but how he blatantly chased after getting stuck)

Just my opinion but yes RAS is a partner when promoting someone and sets that person up with his IT guys and the rest is up to the service. I believe that RAS wanted a one stop shop for all your sports needs. He took people that won in the past and put a plan in motion. Nothing wrong with that he had means and everything in place from his own business and thought he would pick the right people. It just blew up with SS and BG

Two mistake's that I thought were made with BG were Money back guarantee's which put him into a spot that he felt he had to chase to keep the money but it just got worst. That was a total disregard for his clients. The service should have stopped sometime after the all-star break. He would have been much better off the next year with a little lower rate and brought back most of his clinets. As you see by the Thanks he gets people still follow. Which by the way is crazy and as far as his record is concern IMO I know what it is and couldn't give a rat's ass if it's posted.The game at this point has passed him by. Stjoe there's always money involved nothing for free.

Makes sense thanks OT
    edited October 2015
    namathfan wrote: »
    Dr H......just post a lifetime and be done with it.

Posters, clients and future clients will probably weight the most recent 1000 picks more heavily. I think most would agree that you have improved

Can't really see any reason not to.

Not sticking up for anyone people can speak for themselves but I believe a person can improve on anything they do and I also believe that after two years let the past die it's the past and what does it matter when a good sample size shows someone moving in a different positive direction and continues to do so. I have no horse in this race I just read and give an opinion that I feel. Most poster's usually think they're the nuts but find out quickly that after a large sample size it's not that easy. So if you work to improve and do over a period of time then why is the past so important. My question is when does the past become irrelevant and the future becomes the important part.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Not sticking up for anyone people can speak for themselves but I believe a person can improve on anything they do and I also believe that after two years let the past die it's the past and what does it matter when a good sample size shows someone moving in a different positive direction and continues to do so.

I buy this. Especially a guy with a good math education/degree in this field.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    To StJoe

sorry, who's SS?
    edited October 2015
    munson15 wrote: »
    sorry, who's SS?

Steve Sarkisian
  • buffettgamblerbuffettgambler Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    BG - Several posters have asked for a record update, but you haven't addressed it. Can you please update your records, or at least let us know when we should be expecting a record update? As you know, it's not required to update a record daily (or ever weekly), however we're approaching a month since the last update. Thanks and good luck.
    Apologies, just reading this thread now and the requests within them. Had delegated posting of my plays a couple weeks back to and outside source while I was away, to whom I told not ignore record updates until I take over. I have nothing to hide as far as my record is concerned, and not blind to the fact that not updating records that are coincident to downturns will bring more attention than including a record with them. Will update as soon as I can.
    edited October 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Steve Sarkisian

lol Sixth Sense NFL A proven winner in the NFL and his first year was excellent and the 2nd was bad very bad. He puts picks on twitter for free and a real nice guy and won the head to head contest in Vegas last year.
    edited October 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Steve Sarkisian

lol Sixth Sense NFL A proven winner in the NFL and his first year was excellent and the 2nd was bad very bad. He puts picks on twitter for free and a real nice guy and won the head to head contest in Vegas last year.

Sorry double post. accident
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I've been following Scott Kellen this year and he's done very well so far. He was in the plus last season as well if I remember correctly.
    edited October 2015

Sorry double post. accident
    Thanks...he's 19-11 so far, nice.
    edited October 2015
    munson15 wrote: »
    Thanks...he's 19-11 so far, nice.

I know him a long time a really a nice guy and it pissed me off the way he was treated the 2nd year here.
    They had something but if you don't win right now you get bullshit. He's won of the few that I know wins in the NFL long term.
    edited October 2015
    I know him a long time a really a nice guy and it pissed me off the way he was treated the 2nd year here.

You know how to read people OT, that's quite an endorsement of his character in my book.
    edited October 2015
    buckeyes wrote: »
    I've been following Scott Kellen this year and he's done very well so far. He was in the plus last season as well if I remember correctly.

you are correct. They chased one of the best NFL guys at least that I know of.
  • buffettgamblerbuffettgambler Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2015
    YTD: 330-313 -.82

Re: Dr H comments on deceit.
    Though the irony in your comments is quite rich the accuracy is not. I appreciate and understand the importance of having an industry watchdog as much as anyone, but would rather see the role delegated to those not in dire need of one themselves. I'm not sure if this is a case of selective memory, but perhaps someone should remind you that you have never updated a losing thread here under your current alias or past alias(s) (roughly 6 or so threads having plays consisting of losing records) before you complain about others not updating theirs. As far as deceit is concerned, someone who erases nearly negative 20 units of NCAAB plays from their records and within continual quoting of past performance is more representative of claims of deceit than it is transparency. The same can be said regarding how your CLV is tracked and other things in your past.

Rhetorical, so no need to answer, but where were your updated record requests in my NCAAB thread last year that generated nearly 30 units of profit? After all, I did not update my record one single time in that thread. The same could be said for last years NCAAF, that was rarely updated, but did generated profit. I guess that those records didn't pique any curiosity of yours nor fill your narrative that any lack of record updates by me is a byproduct of a losing record.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    all that over -3 units? thought he must have been down 30
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    And Dr. H will be no where to be found.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited November 2015
    YTD: 330-313 -.82

Re: Dr H comments on deceit.
    Though the irony in your comments is quite rich the accuracy is not. I appreciate and understand the importance of having an industry watchdog as much as anyone, but would rather see the role delegated to those not in dire need of one themselves. I'm not sure if this is a case of selective memory, but perhaps someone should remind you that you have never updated a losing thread here under your current alias or past alias(s) (roughly 6 or so threads having plays consisting of losing records) before you complain about others not updating theirs. As far as deceit is concerned, someone who erases nearly negative 20 units of NCAAB plays from their records and within continual quoting of past performance is more representative of claims of deceit than it is transparency. The same can be said regarding how your CLV is tracked and other things in your past.

Rhetorical, so no need to answer, but where were your updated record requests in my NCAAB thread last year that generated nearly 30 units of profit? After all, I did not update my record one single time in that thread. The same could be said for last years NCAAF, that was rarely updated, but did generated profit. I guess that those records didn't pique any curiosity of yours nor fill your narrative that any lack of record updates by me is a byproduct of a losing record.

Dr. H ever going to respond to this?

Or maybe his buddy Contrarian who still likes to mouth off about BT on other forums?
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Lol, this is gonna be good, I can't wait !!!!!!
    edited November 2015
    Lol he's so fuckin embarrassed cause he got called out he hasn't logged in in 2 weeks..... Lmao!!!!! What a fucking tool!!!!!!!!

I bet his service crashes and burns this year too. The guy is a complete fucking loser!!!

Or maybe contrarian is actually DrH?? Lmao!!!
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Golfer, you're blowing well above the limit. Settle down.
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Nice call Goats
    edited November 2015
    Goats wrote: »

Lol true. 2 bottles of Chardonnay lol.
    edited November 2015
    Goats wrote: »

He's not the only one:

Court officials confirm .... the ex-NFL quarterback DMcNabb received the following sentence:
    -- 18 days in county jail
    -- 72 days in home detention after jail
    -- 30 hours of community service
    -- Counseling after home detention
    -- Unsupervised probation until he completes the sentence
    -- ordered to pay a $6,342.23 fine

McNabb's attorney Thomas Connelly tells us the QB was granted a "work release"during his jail sentence ... which means he'll spend his nights behind bars and days out working in the free world.
  • EbirtEbirt Junior Member
    edited January 2016
    figured i'd bump this thread to ask dr h why his record keeping has been so poor this year? i've noticed a few times this year where there have been errors on his record keeping page. there were a few times where plays would not appear, or where plays would appear out of order, or when the units wouldn't add up. for instance, prior to yesterday's games, dr h's full game totals record was listed as 53-60 for -15 units

after a 1-2 day on full game totals, his record was listed at 54-62 for -14.2 units. how can your full game units improve when you won 1 and lost 2?

on his NCAAB records page, it shows 73 wins and 75 losses. but if i hand count through the archives, it shows 67 losses and 66 wins and 4 pushes. that adds up to 15 missing plays?

on 12/22, the tulane/southern miss over 120, which lost, has apparently been given a 1 unit win despite it being marked with an L in the column.

519 So Miss/Tulane OVER 120 123.5 +3.5 L +1.00

there is another game, idaho state/north dakota st from 12/21, that is scored as a win (accurately) but deducts 1.1 units.

754 Idaho St/North Dakota St UNDER 142.5 140.5 +2.0 W -1.10

everybody makes mistakes, and i'm willing to extend the benefit of the doubt as i'm sure you have an adequate explanation for why your record keeping has been so sloppy this year. but your rush to judgement in regard to buffet's error made me feel compelled to at least pose the question to you. since buffet's plays were free and yours is part of a paid service, i would assume you hold yourself to a much loftier standard.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Oh no he didn't!
    edited January 2016
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Not updating your record in weeks like this when you're aware that people are asking and following is deceitful and irresponsible. The guy knows people follow him and is deliberately avoiding posting an update because he's lost units. There's just not a good reason for that. He obviously has the time since he's still up in here yoshing away like crazy.

maybe it's just a coincidence, but your record keeping errors began when you were in a big downturn and fell below 15 units. it's eerily similar to what you accused buffet of doing. you obviously still have the time since you've been tweeting like crazy about your bad luck and cherry picking random data points (10-20 in games decided within 4 pts).

last year, you blamed overtime luck. this year, you blame losing close games. yet the fact remains, you are 179-176 for minus 14.6 units the last two years on full game totals. actually i take that back. that is NOT a fact. because who knows if your record keeping is accurate.

I would suggest you stop assuming the worst in people, others just might reciprocate. :o
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Ebirt wrote: »
    maybe it's just a coincidence, but your record keeping errors began when you were in a big downturn and fell below 15 units. it's eerily similar to what you accused buffet of doing. you obviously still have the time since you've been tweeting like crazy about your bad luck and cherry picking random data points (10-20 in games decided within 4 pts).

last year, you blamed overtime luck. this year, you blame losing close games. yet the fact remains, you are 179-176 for minus 14.6 units the last two years on full game totals. actually i take that back. that is NOT a fact. because who knows if your record keeping is accurate.

I would suggest you stop assuming the worst in people, others just might reciprocate. :o

before you start making accusations, you might want to make sure YOUR record keeping of Dr. H's record keeping is correct...
    edited January 2016
    before you start making accusations, you might want to make sure YOUR record keeping of Dr. H's record keeping is correct...

i can only go off what's on his page. since the above post, the two errors noted earlier have been corrected. but oddly, i'm getting a different win and loss count than i got previously. now i'm seeing 63 losses and 59 wins.

here's the before and after screen shots from yesterday following a 1-2 full game totals day:

14sjm0j.png

2ekufl5.png