Betting Talk

Stock Market thread

Comments

• CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks OT, you too ole buddy. I've made worse investments, that's for sure. And I'm sure my minus money pales in comparison to what some of these guys lost. Definitely not selling...holding out for zeroes haha!

It's going to be a great 2016 for us all, I can feel it!
    edited January 2016
    Can someone please delete this thread permanently so I don't have a sickening reminder every day.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Solid start for the market this year.... Geez
    edited January 2016

Does this mean we can assist in the investigation and get our money back lol
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Reb always seemed like a stand up guy, I'm sure he'll let this die down and come back around.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Cools wrote: »
    Does this mean we can assist in the investigation and get our money back lol

We most definitely can get our money back-- however, we need to have someone who lives on a farm keep an eye out for pigs flying by, as the window to get our money back will be extremely short.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Reb always seemed like a stand up guy, I'm sure he'll let this die down and come back around.

Where you come up with these things as that statement always seem like a stand up guy. Tell me if he doesn't know anything more then what's being reported what should he said. All of sudden after two years talking about MNKD you chime with some bull shit remarks.
    People gamble sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
    edited January 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Where you come up with these things as that statement always seem like a stand up guy. Tell me if he doesn't know anything more then what's being reported what should he said. All of sudden after two years talking about MNKD you chime with some bull shit remarks.
    People gamble sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

First of all, Woah...Eassssy Killer.

I've followed this thread daily for 2 years, When I started reading it I knew absofuckinglutely ZERO about the stock market. I've used it as a learning tool by looking up descriptions of some of the things you guys have talked about. After reading a few of the posts the last couple days I got the feeling some of the guys were upset with him for some odd reason. I thought he was simply trying to help from the start, he clearly had no way of knowing things would end this way. I wasn't holding him responsible, he had a vested interest and ran with it. I also know that for some people it's tough to distinguish when someone is being facetious over the internet. I've been the master of losing while gambling many many times. Will I ever touch the stock market? Doubtful. But I can at least hold a conversation with someone now that strikes up a conversation about it where as 2 years ago I would've sounded like a fool.

I've Got 5 words for ya OT.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qPEcDg6mUsM"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    edited January 2016
    Letters.

I tried
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited January 2016

Regardless of what your long-winded excuse was, you sound like a jackass with this statement.
    edited January 2016
    Dubbs wrote: »
    Regardless of what your long-winded excuse was, you sound like a jackass with this statement.

It's hard for someone to understand when someone is being comical and being serious, I get it.
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Could be a good day for our good friend MNKD tomorrow. Great presentation earlier today, and it up 10 cents after hours.

Que the rocky music, here comes MNKD!
    edited January 2016
    Could be a good day for our good friend MNKD tomorrow. Great presentation earlier today, and it up 10 cents after hours.

Que the rocky music, here comes MNKD!
  • wborder900wborder900 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Good read BTD. Anyone have any thoughts on APC? I have a solid position in it but Im upside down like most people in oil.
    Im hoping its a safe play and reaching its floor. They have a lot of debt but good assets. Hopefully they will be bought out.

• TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited January 2016

LOL! Let what die down, too funny...truth be told, I have been checking in from time to time very sporadically. Not sure why, I use to get alerts to this thread on one of my emails but they are not coming through anymore and I'm not sure why, perhaps Goats or one of the mods may know...guess I need to email them to figure it out. That SOB OT hasn't called me (since the turn of the year) and told me you guys were looking for me, most likely because he thought he would be bothering me and taking me away from my busy day job ;)

So here's my take and statement regarding what's transpired over the last month or so...

1. I was as surprised as a lot of people were that Sanofi (hereinafter referred to SNY) pulled out of the deal when it happened, upon reflection however, looking at the sequence of events that took place after the former CEO of SNY (Vierbacher who inked the deal with MNKD and was pro Afrezza) was let go in April it becomes obvious in hindsight how the landscape changed. Enter the new CEO Brandicourt who had been the one to kill the previous inferior inhalable insulin when he was with Pfizer and the pieces started to get put into place on how they were going to bury this superior product to keep from cannabalizing their other flagship diabetes products which had been their cash cow. They started to see feedback on how those using Afrezza were able to start dialing back on their basal insulin and in some cases able to completely get off their pumps.

2. The politics behind the walls that were built to block this from coming to market and ultimately saddling it with a label that enabled the competitors to enter into monopolistic agreements with the providers (insurance carriers) and in effect keeping it from getting Tier 2 status to allow the patients to gain affordable access. How did that happen one may ask, simple, you had a former director of the FDA with an unbelievable conflict of interest due to exposure of either huge financial gain or loss directly related to the hedge fund (Renaissance Technologies) that her husband runs. See following RICO lawsuit just filed where they are now listed as defendants: http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/levaquin-rico-lawsuit-93357/

3 Not that I ever feel that I have to defend my integrity to someone that may question it on a public forum lol, but the fact is I did help create this thread and as you can see it is probably one of the top 2 or 3 threads in the forum with respect to replies and views. So hopefully it has helped in the engagement of discussion etc. in some gaining a better insight into the markets with respect to different areas. As with any discussion in the forum regarding specific games and opinions, it is always recommended one do their own due diligence. I guarantee that no one is down currently more on paper regarding MNKD than me on this forum, yet I understand why and know that I made an investment in something that is a superior product, I just underestimated the dark side of those who were in a position of power that had taken the hippocratic oath (to do right by the patient) and the connected entities that stood to lose billions if this product were to succeed. I still wholeheartedly stand by my investment and believe the product, the technology behind it, and the proprietary assets that the company hold are worth far more than the current market looks like it values it at.

4. I say "looks like it values it at" because common sense tells me there were 120 million shares short when this was brought down to the .60 area. The question begs, why didn't they cover their position when it got down there? In other words, their upside from that point was the .60 but their risk is still unlimited. So one can say, well they must feel that BK is inevitable and they will capture the full .60 BUT BK is not a certainty (still far from it IMO) so why would they prudently not cover? Surely if they could release themselves from the short position they could gain far more in using the funds tied up than the full potential of the .60? So maybe, they can't cover without causing a huge price spike? Or maybe, there was enough naked shorting and creation of "phantom shares" that they can't cover because more shares are technically short than float available to cover? Something still doesn't add up in that regard. So, in summary, this could end up an investment that becomes a total write off but I still hold out that the story is far from over. One other note, a SNY rep that I know has stated they still believe that this product will eventually be the first choice in insulin therapy and they would be willing to leave SNY and work for MNKD or any company that they potentially partner with.

RAS has my email, so if anyone ever wants to contact me directly they always could. I do not frequent the board anywhere near as much as I use to anywhere near as much as I use to for no reason other than my free time has been much less than what it was when I could frequent it much more. On an off topic to this thread, it has been a crazy season for my Rebs with Rice getting ousted and 4 conference losses by a total of 8pts. Their 3 conf. wins have been blowouts so they have become a sort of Jekyll and Hyde enigma...I can't wager on or against them for the very reason that I never know which one is going to show up. Going to be interesting on who they land to takeover the team at the end of the day....in that regard they have a lot in common with MNKD ;)
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    screw up
    edited January 2016
    Question...

If you guys had 10k of "fun" money and you were looking for a short term investment what would you suggest doing?

This coming from someone with zero experience with investments/market.
    edited February 2016
    Reb, any thoughts on the conference call tomorrow for MNKD?
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Question...

If you guys had 10k of "fun" money and you were looking for a short term investment what would you suggest doing?

This coming from someone with zero experience with investments/market.

Buy SJB
  • showme1953showme1953 Member
    edited February 2016
    If you have 10k and you truly want a short term investment. Stick with something you know, like a sporting event. Even if you did make a short term investment in the market and it paid off, you might then think you know what your doing and that's when the problems start.
    edited February 2016
    minger2123 wrote: »
    Reb, any thoughts on the conference call tomorrow for MNKD?

It's tough that their hands are somewhat tied until April 4th with SNY. Overall, I thought they covered the situation with good transparency, Matt believes they will be able to get the inflection point of the of the scripts curve righted once they have control of pricing, etc. I didn't have overly high expectations going into it so for me it was pretty much right on que.
    edited March 2016

Huge loss to society, how's that interest you've been collecting on the lent shares ;) Fidelity is paying 45% as of today to shareholders who are in the lending program. For selfish reasons I am hoping it stays in this $1 area until the Ides of March ;) ....in other news, Rebs just got kicked again by the NCAA on losing talented Jones, program is in complete disarray at this point from the AD down. Would love to see "Thunder" Dan Majerle come in and take over, would be refreshing to say the least. OT let me know if you want to go to any of the conf. tourney games.
    edited March 2016

Huge loss to society, how's that interest you've been collecting on the lent shares ;) Fidelity is paying 45% as of today to shareholders who are in the lending program. For selfish reasons I am hoping it stays in this $1 area until the Ides of March ;) ....in other news, Rebs just got kicked again by the NCAA on losing talented Jones, program is in complete disarray at this point from the AD down. Would love to see "Thunder" Dan Majerle come in and take over, would be refreshing to say the least. OT let me know if you want to go to any of the conf. tourney games.
    edited March 2016
    30% Mnkd Ot's been so long since it's chanced it maybe 40% but I'm thinking 30%
    20% INO
    They send me an email and want my KERX.

I sold INO today @ 6.88 8c below close may a small profit
    I sold Kerx Today @ $4.54 23c below close and may a small profit.

'll hold MNKD till I die or make a profit and my money is on dying. No more Phama for me to much bullshit and manipulation with sales and labels and all the rest of it.

Looking at TWTR almost pulled the trigger the other day in the mid $17's also LL that's a good company with a good product and got screwed over but they will be back to $17 in the meantime they go from $12 -$14 and back perfect in/out for me. I almost pull the trigger high $10's may get in tomorrow looking like a low maybe tomorrow according to overnight but that usually means shit. Will see.
    MSFT $52.95
    CSCO $26.90

I would like to go to any Conf. tourney game. Let me know which one and I'll start getting dress now. Thank You kind sir.
    edited March 2016
    showme1953 wrote: »
    If you have 10k and you truly want a short term investment. Stick with something you know, like a sporting event. Even if you did make a short term investment in the market and it paid off, you might then think you know what your doing and that's when the problems start.

Haven't been around in a while just here and there just checking with my man Jets and now I see this. Please I dare someone to find a dumber post then this. Has 32 posts in 4 years nice to see you please stop by again real soon.