Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    speedboy wrote: »
    does dr h have a refund offer like BG did

I don't think so but you may want to ask him
  • lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    The bankroll discussion i get but if you are playing RAS and you wanna bet 1% you must have a massive bankroll. Sorry i didn't realize this forum was only for people who have bankrolls of 150k and up..i consider 75k. to be a large bankroll..if you are playing ras for 1% then you need him to produce at least 5.3 units before you even start to produce a unit..its unrealistic IMO..maybe i'm way off...
    edited November 2014
    lakers22 wrote: »
    The bankroll discussion i get but if you are playing RAS and you wanna bet 1% you must have a massive bankroll. Sorry i didn't realize this forum was only for people who have bankrolls of 150k and up..i consider 75k. to be a large bankroll..if you are playing ras for 1% then you need him to produce at least 5.3 units before you even start to produce a unit..its unrealistic IMO..maybe i'm way off...

Agree. You need to be betting at least 1,000$ per game to make it worth it given a 55% pct win rate. Also, few people have 100,000$ bank rolls for gambling alone. If all his clients bet 1% of bankroll, he would have about 7 clients. Even though this is true and you should probably be betting 1-2% of bankroll, it's just not realistic for most.
    edited November 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Agree. You need to be betting at least 1,000$ per game to make it worth it given a 55% pct win rate. Also, few people have 100,000$ bank rolls for gambling alone. If all his clients bet 1% of bankroll, he would have about 7 clients. Even though this is true and you should probably be betting 1-2% of bankroll, it's just not realistic for most.

And given the start we've had, not sure 55% is very realistic either.
    edited November 2014
    I will say this - going 12-18 (-8.35 units) isn't all that shocking. But for it to be this early in the season where he typically has his biggest edge, is a bit surprising. We could also argue that for the first month you should be betting 3-4 % of bankroll, and then tapering down to 1-2% after December. Assuming you want to bet how your actually suppose to based on perceived edge.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm also concerned because we finished on a 2-6 run to end last yr.

Amen to the bankroll comments.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    What's funny is I haven't middled a single game yet. The movement has not mattered yet in a game, except for the Friday night halftime play which I lost by a half a point. Proceeded to get every line on halftimes yesterday and never mattered. Every so often I will miss a line in football or hoops and I'll be god damned if it doesn't matter every fucking time. Literally most amazing thing I've ever seen.

How exactly often did you think you were going to hit a middle. You could easily go several months without it happening.
    edited November 2014
    I will say this - going 12-18 (-8.35 units) isn't all that shocking. But for it to be this early in the season where he typically has his biggest edge, is a bit surprising. We could also argue that for the first month you should be betting 3-4 % of bankroll, and then tapering down to 1-2% after December. Assuming you want to bet how your actually suppose to based on perceived edge.

Betting 3%-4% even if they are 57% plays (and at release times they probably aren't) you should lose 50% of your roll every once in a while just because of a bad run.
    edited November 2014
    lakers22 wrote: »

I've always suggested you need a 6 figure roll to justify the cost of the service, it may not have appeared like that when they were hitting 63% for year, but it certainly will when they hit 54%.
    edited November 2014
    durito wrote: »
    How exactly often did you think you were going to hit a middle. You could easily go several months without it happening.

Honestly I don't expect to very often and I'm not surprised I haven't hit one yet. I was hoping to hit 1 every 15 plays or so
    edited November 2014
    I havent looked at the math, the problem with these is variance, if your expectation is 1/15 you can and will often go 50+ plays without hitting one. Never much had the patience for that myself, would rather just ride one side.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2014
    1% may be on the conservative side (I've always been conservative, to my own detriment in the past), but if you're going above 2%...

...well, just read durito's posts above.
  • lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I believe the last 3 yrs of cbb the middle/push rate is 9% of the plays assuming you get the optimum line..
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Speaking of bankrolls, do most people have a bankroll just for gambling? Or is their bankroll just all the money they have?

I think that for most people it's all the money they have and that, quite often, is what they have in their pocket at any given time. I don't know anyone who actually wins at this who doesn't have a separate bankroll though.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    How can I turn off services but still get the heads up txt? I maybe in a mtg and want the option to get notified to see if I can step out to place the action.
    edited November 2014
    jm wrote: »
    How can I turn off services but still get the heads up txt? I maybe in a mtg and want the option to get notified to see if I can step out to place the action.

I believe the notification may come anyway if it's turned off, but not sure
    edited November 2014
    Does anyone get more than 5-10k down on these games? Just curious
  • capthookcapthook Banned
    edited November 2014

Seems unlikey.

RAS: Release schedule is back to normal starting now, correct? 10AM-noon For Sides, Noon-2pm for totals.
    edited November 2014
    capthook wrote: »
    Seems unlikey.

RAS: Release schedule is back to normal starting now, correct? 10AM-noon For Sides, Noon-2pm for totals.

Not sure if it's back to normal, was just this way Friday - Monday cause of tournament games.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    was anything announced on cbb totals? Last i heard was after "845am PST". I turned my service off, then logged back in and it has a radio button for 4pm-4pm today
    edited November 2014
    jm wrote: »
    was anything announced on cbb totals? Last i heard was after "845am PST". I turned my service off, then logged back in and it has a radio button for 4pm-4pm today

Already released
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    so is there anyway to only get notifications?
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    speedboy wrote: »
    Who do you play?

I play 3 different guys in college hoops and 3 different guys in cfb/nfl. All from this site and all free.

I'm not playing $500-1k a game like some. I play $25/$50/$100 plays with an occasional $200 play very rare though. My out allows me 1k on all games. Whether that be full games or 2h's. IMO there's no reason to pay for a service if your simply disciplined. Maybe the guys around here are just running hot though.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Maybe the guys around here are just running hot though.

There's a reason people pay money for handicappers who have won over thousands of picks and many, many years.

I wish you continued success, but fear your determination of LONG TERM +EV cappers may be lacking.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited November 2014

I can pretty much guarantee there are several RAS subscribers who are getting down 5-10k, if not more. However, I wouldn't expect any of the individuals to announce it to everyone on a public forum. They are certainly out there though.
    edited November 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    There's a reason people pay money for handicappers who have won over thousands of picks and many, many years.

I wish you continued success, but fear your determination of LONG TERM +EV cappers may be lacking.

No one sponsored by BT has done much of anything lately. I fully understand that some of the guys post free plays may not be +EV forever but then again I'm betting an amount I can afford to lose and an amount that doesnt cause me to explode on a forum based on a guy losing 3-4 days in a row. To justify spending the $ these guys ask for their service I would need to be playing a lot more per play that $100-$200. Just not worth it to me.
    edited November 2014
    You'd be far better off just betting props on your own at those levels.
  • getsome22getsome22 Member
    edited November 2014
    How many totals were released today? I turned off the service. I got the sides warning text, but not the totals.
    edited November 2014
    getsome22 wrote: »
    How many totals were released today? I turned off the service. I got the sides warning text, but not the totals.

Only one
    edited November 2014
    durito wrote: »
    You'd be far better off just betting props on your own at those levels.

Tell me a place that allows you to bet $200 on a prop? My only out doesnt allow for prop bets