Betting Talk

Changes to 2014 RAS CBB Service

Comments

• getsome22getsome22 Member
    edited November 2014
    your acc will be flagged and they will transfer to their "VIP" line or customer service where u will be put on hold and tilt. This is not their 1st rodeo

Has this happened to anyone? Possibly during the most recent CFB year?
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    getsome22 wrote: »
    Has this happened to anyone? Possibly during the most recent CFB year?

We are discussing cbb. CFB is a different animal that i do not use RAS for so i dont know. This is season is not the 1st time people have tried using the phone for this type of thing.
    edited November 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    That's beyond rediculous. No point in even offering it. I think you should have 500$ minimum or don't even bother

why is this ridiculous? They have literally hundreds (if not more) bettors firing limits at them on obscure collage games where they have no chance of getting cross action. Every additional sub added reduces your utility. Its not the books that are your competition its the other subs. When does it stop? If RAS has continued success is Pinny supposed to let 10k subs firer 1000$$ a game at them? You guys are ridiculous with your complaining. The book owe u NOTHING.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    why is this ridiculous? They have literally hundreds (if not more) bettors firing limits at them on obscure collage games where they have no chance of getting cross action. Every additional sub added reduces your utility. Its not the books that are your competition its the other subs. When does it stop? If RAS has continued success is Pinny supposed to let 10k subs firer 1000$$ a game at them? You guys are ridiculous with your complaining. The book owe u NOTHING.

If pinny had tons of people firing limit bets at them (like they did a few years ago when they had a huge credit business), then the limits would be much higher. The fact is they don't get enough action on this market without the usa, thus the small limits. They aren't now nor were they ever taking a bunch of max bets on RAS either, their software is moving the line instantly after the first bet comes in.
    edited November 2014
    Durito, how long have u worked for Pinny?
    edited November 2014

Well they have been paying my bills for a number of years. Do you have a better explanation for why their limits on college football and basketball fell by 70% in November 2010 right after all their agents got arrested in Las Vegas? Suddenly got scared of RAS after years (despit having been taking successful countermeasures against ras players for years before then).
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited November 2014

I think you've confused him with Justin7.
    edited November 2014
    I think you've confused him with Justin7.

thanks a lot
    edited November 2014
    Could be worse, one of J7's libel lawsuit threats accused me of being Thremp.
    edited November 2014
    durito wrote: »
    Well they have been paying my bills for a number of years. Do you have a better explanation for why their limits on college football and basketball fell by 70% in November 2010 right after all their agents got arrested in Las Vegas? Suddenly got scared of RAS after years (despit having been taking successful countermeasures against ras players for years before then).

U must be homeless. just going off your pick thread. Those bills must be pretty cheap lololo
    edited November 2014
    Stellar contribution.
    edited November 2014
    Stellar contribution.

just confused, the 2 sources of data, u saying pinny pays your bills and your sub par pick posting record contradict each other
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    just confused, the 2 sources of data, u saying pinny pays your bills and your sub par pick posting record contradict each other

No dog in this fight, but there are probably several individuals out there making great money betting on sports who cannot beat widely available lines. The rules here permit your plays are widely available. Those types of plays could make up an extremely small portion of a pro's portfolio. Just because someone's small sample size of widely available plays have lost, doesn't mean they aren't making great money.

I will say, given market conditions and other factors, it is getting much more difficult to last in this industry if you can't originate +EV plays in at least 1 decent sized market.
    edited November 2014
    ProCap, I agree, but those guys usually are not the ones who feel they have to justify themselves by telling us pinny has paid their bills for a very long time lol
    edited November 2014
    Anyway, my point was Pinny or any other book owes people nothing.. You are only as good as your outs.. If RAS is not working for u in certain shops, and despite some people's claims the competition to get down at the # in bigger shops is fierce, then u need to find better outs.
    edited November 2014
    The only plays ive posted here are either ones im getting faded on or are at a worse number than ive played. Im not trying out for a tout service, when i see a number i like im betting it not posting it . Most of the time its gone after that. If theres still some value left there are people im sharing it with privately before id post.

But thats all irrelevant here. You seem to think pinny cut ncaab limits because they were losing rather than lack of volume. Why are they inceasing limits all the time on non usa sports?
    edited November 2014
    ProCap, I agree, but those guys usually are not the ones who feel they have to justify themselves by telling us pinny has paid their bills for a very long time lol

You are the one who suggested I was working there when I explained to you their ncaab limits were really so low. i didnt bring it up. Still waiting for your explanation.

Why is it you think they take $500k now on some champions league games yet only $250 on ncaab openers?
    edited November 2014
    You are the one who suggested I was working there when I explained to you their ncaab limits were really so low. i didnt bring it up. Still waiting for your explanation.

Why is it you think they take $500k now on some champions league games yet only $250 on ncaab openers?

I know nothing about soccer or its limits. My point was about books in general, not pinny in particular. The pinny tangent was your idea sir. good luck , I sincerely hope they are paying your bills.
    edited November 2014

You clearly don't understand variance. As far as I can tell, he's posted 118 plays here and basically flipped coins. A 53% bettor has about a 23% chance of attaining that record or worse over that number of plays. And given Pinny's reduced juice, 52% would win, which is a 30% chance.

It's very easy to run good or bad over 100 picks and change. Fezzik is pretty clearly a coin flipper (right around 50% over this last 2000 plays) but he managed to pick 65% over 170 Hilton picks in seasons where his service plays went 48%. (Hilton uses stale contest lines, so anyone with a few brain cells should do a little better than 50%, but 65% is still running very good.)
    edited November 2014
    You are using a sample size of 1 comment to come to the conclusion i don't understand variance? Maybe this 1 statement was a loser, but my other 1 a winner?
  • JMU_DegenerateJMU_Degenerate Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Feel like this discussion belongs elsewhere. yes?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Feel like this discussion belongs elsewhere. yes?

Agreed. Discussing how a certain book like Pinny may be handling RAS releases is relevant but the personal stuff doesn't belong here.
  • getsome22getsome22 Member
    edited November 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    Agreed. Discussing how a certain book like Pinny may be handling RAS releases is relevant but the personal stuff doesn't belong here.

Double agreed.
    edited November 2014
    Goats wrote: »

So just delete all my posts in this thread like you do every other and everyone can just continue expressing shock that books take countermeasures against RAS plays like it's 2010
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2014
    So just delete all my posts in this thread like you do every other and everyone can just continue expressing shock that books take countermeasures against RAS plays like it's 2010

I don't get the hostility. I delete posts that violate site rules. It's part of my job. Not sure why you seem to think I have it out for you. It's definitely not the case and I think the forum benefits from your educated opinions/knowledge about the industry.

As I said above, by all means, keep sharing anything to do with how Pinny operates or RAS releases. This thread (and this forum) is just not a place for personal bickering, that's all.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    It may be as simple as this

Never, ever have same release times

1st play today - only 1/2 point difference
    2nd play today - at release #

A thought FWIW
  • lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    lines have been super easy to get..like to start winning..
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    DAVIS! BANG!
  • SquigglySquiggly Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    You've randomized the time of release, which is good (although it didn't help me today - it seemed like the book I was planning to use changed instantaneously today).

There is zero gain, once the release is announced, to not use the countdown timer.
    Without using it, it means is that one has to be glued to the screen doing nothing but waiting for the release and cannot take care of anything else in the meantime.

As far as you having to modify once you announce the release - what's the downside? That a few times a season you have to send out a 2nd email stating "The release time will now be 8:21 rather than 8:16"?
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    It's stupid to use the countdown page. It's way better this way, and it's not even close