Betting Talk

Changes to 2014 RAS CBB Service

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    My first encounter was $80 for 8 weeks of the College football but then again I think gas was $1.09 a gal also.

Were the players wearing leather helmets?
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    My first encounter was $80 for 8 weeks of the College football but then again I think gas was $1.09 a gal also.

OT. Gas is below $2.00 in NJ. Still $2.30-$2.40 by me but they've been gradually dropping

http://fuelgaugereport.aaa.com/todays-gas-prices/
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    ebemiss wrote: »
    OT. Gas is below $2.00 in NJ. Still $2.30-$2.40 by me but they've been gradually dropping

http://fuelgaugereport.aaa.com/todays-gas-prices/

Filled up for $19.83 today in Des Moines
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Filled up for $19.83 today in Des Moines

You drive a motorbike?
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    You drive a motorbike?

Lol. Honda Civic actually
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Were the players wearing leather helmets?

Ouch Kane. Leather helmets is a stretch. Maybe 2 wider padded goal posts on the goal line though.
    edited January 2015
    Who all is still following Ras ? Any people drop out mid year ? Just curious
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm still following. I keep saying I won't reup my units, but the other side of my brain says "he'll get to even units."
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Who all is still following Ras ? Any people drop out mid year ? Just curious

You have an unusual fascination/obsession with all things RAS
    edited January 2015
    You have an unusual fascination/obsession with all things RAS

Kinda like the guy that shitcans his girlfriend but still drives by her place once a day..........just to see
  • capthookcapthook Banned
    edited January 2015
    this service is wayyyy over rated & over priced
    edited January 2015
    absolutely horrible
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    capthook wrote: »

Overpriced yes.........What is most dissapointing this year to me is how few easy winners there have been..........and how many blowout losses we have had.

Bad beats happen, but they do not account for a significant portion of the record this year.

We have had a record number of bad reads this year......
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited January 2015

Overpriced........ras cbb pakage is #1 expensive cbb package in the world
    edited January 2015
    yes i agree completely, most of this games are not even close wire to wire losers
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    "fade ras thread" lol. geniuses over there...

Can't argue with them... They have bigger balls then me and are making some serious coin this year.. But they aren't very smart...Lolll
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    See how Ed handles it!

Check out my nemesis Dr. H - pretty damn solid!
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    See how Ed handles it!

Check out my nemesis Dr. H - pretty damn solid!

where nemesis post ?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited February 2015
    winup wrote: »
    where nemesis post ?

He has his own service and we don't allow the posting of URL's for services. Thanks for understanding.
    edited February 2015
    I think Ed knows he lost his edge. That's why he's charging such ridiculous rates. He knows the cat is gonna be out of the bag soon, they've caught up to him. I may be wrong, but that sure seems like what's happening.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    I think Ed knows he lost his edge. That's why he's charging such ridiculous rates. He knows the cat is gonna be out of the bag soon, they've caught up to him. I may be wrong, but that sure seems like what's happening.

so has ed upped his pricing as the year as progressed i'm assuming from this post or before the season he knew the edge was gone?
    edited February 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    so has ed upped his pricing as the year as progressed i'm assuming from this post or before the season he knew the edge was gone?

Is this some joke? Per credit, no price has not gone up, but thats comparing apples to oranges. Volume just happens to come way heavier than expected and his edge just seems so small? Theres a word wise men have conned fools into using to dismiss the obvious. Its called "coincidence"
    edited February 2015
    thanks for the def of coincidence :). i feel smarter already.
    edited February 2015
    i see what your saying about the volume being down and that may seem like coincidence or maybe your are flat out right. that whole 'cat out of the hat' thing just threw me a bit...
    edited February 2015
    The whole thing is stupid cause he could release plays that normally don't qualify as a "play" just to get more money. The worst part about it, is from a subscriber standpoint, you don't know how much the service will run you for the year. And yes, I understand it's per pick and a percentage of BR ect.... But since were the ones buying it, we want to know what it's gonna cost for the whole fuckin year. Since he's probably personally running worse than normal years, he could just send more games even if he doesn't like them just to get more money cause he's having a bad year , or whatever. I get the honest reputation and it is prolly well deserved, but this is still alarming.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    The whole thing is stupid cause he could release plays that normally don't qualify as a "play" just to get more money. The worst part about it, is from a subscriber standpoint, you don't know how much the service will run you for the year. And yes, I understand it's per pick and a percentage of BR ect.... But since were the ones buying it, we want to know what it's gonna cost for the whole fuckin year. Since he's probably personally running worse than normal years, he could just send more games even if he doesn't like them just to get more money cause he's having a bad year , or whatever. I get the honest reputation and it is prolly well deserved, but this is still alarming.

I hope you don't mind, but i'm going to start calling you Glenn Close.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited February 2015
    We predicted much lower volume before the season, but we've since acknowledged that volume is likely to be higher than what we projected, and as a result we retroactively adjusted pricing down two times. Our current play volume is not unusual by any stretch, and is still considerably lower than last year. We had 162 sides through Jan 15 last year. We've had 118 through Jan 31 this year. Our 72 total releases is well within normal ranges. Dr H for example has released about twice as many (TV totals).

To say that we are losing and/or that we may have lost our edge is one thing, but to suggest we are forcing plays to sell more picks is entirely baseless.

As far as losing our edge, anything is possible, but I would highly doubt you could find anyone volunteering to take our action.
    edited February 2015
    RightAngle wrote: »

As far as losing our edge, anything is possible, but I would highly doubt you could find anyone volunteering to take our action.

If the above is true, and your model is flawed, the hunted will eventually become the hunter.
    edited February 2015
    if u did lose your edge would you continue your service? and do you believe your service is worth what your charging?
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    If the above is true, and your model is flawed, the hunted will eventually become the hunter.
    if u did lose your edge would you continue your service? and do you believe your service is worth what your charging?

Considering what they do ( heavy research on smaller conference teams, injuries, etc). I'm curious how you would even know if the edge was lost?