Betting Talk

NBA Discussion, Latest News and Player Updates '14/ '15

Comments

• underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    crash wrote: »
    It's more than just B2B for Portland, it's 4th game in 5 nights and now going to altitude. Denver has been sitting at home since their loss on Sunday and they have revenge also. Batum's injury put it over the edge. It's a dream scheduling scenario for those backing Denver.

Nice angles, but it still don't justify the move to -3 in my mind. Denver was already involved in a revenge angle vs the Kings this year and it didn't work out well for them. Who ever got pickem as a line is sitting pretty on Denver.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    It's more than just B2B for Portland, it's 4th game in 5 nights and now going to altitude. Denver has been sitting at home since their loss on Sunday and they have revenge also. Batum's injury put it over the edge. It's a dream scheduling scenario for those backing Denver.

I agree and IMO Batum is a very important part of Portland's team. He does everything well and whatever's needed for the team.
    I just don't like betting games that move from favorite to dog unless there's a late injury that justifies it.

EDIT: Shaw sucks and won't be around long and I don't really know that this team even wants to play for him. I like the Under just waiting a bit.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014

Perfect analysis. I had this motherfucker circled as a play, and was planning on taking the Nugs overnight, but forgot, then this morning I was tied up with some important business at the bank, I'm just now seeing the line and I'm not sure about laying three when I could have taken them plus one. Hopefully enough public money will drive the line down a tick, just a terrible spot for Portland no matter how bad Denver has looked.
    edited November 2014
    Yeah kane at +1 or even a pick it was worth it taking Denver, but now at -3 I wouldn't do it.
    edited November 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    JTorr
    Mark Lindsay
    Ken Mauer

OT on nba.com when they list a Ref as official #1 is that always the main ref in that game?

Ken is listed as # 1 so is he the main ref tonight
    edited November 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    OT on nba.com when they list a Ref as official #1 is that always the main ref in that game?

Ken is listed as # 1 so is he the main ref tonight

Not sure I put down the order in which they were listed.
    edited November 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Perfect analysis. I had this motherfucker circled as a play, and was planning on taking the Nugs overnight, but forgot, then this morning I was tied up with some important business at the bank, I'm just now seeing the line and I'm not sure about laying three when I could have taken them plus one. Hopefully enough public money will drive the line down a tick, just a terrible spot for Portland no matter how bad Denver has looked.

This is the perfect storm but sorry to say it will have to be perfect without me.

EDIT: wound up going with Over 101 and 98 with the C's and Miami and most likely going to play the Over in the C game. Two of your favorites.
    edited November 2014
    wrong thread deleted post
    edited November 2014
    Would like to play Boston also but the 2 games I bet them they let the other team back in under the number. Atlanta -7 is also a possibility. Any other thoughts?
    edited November 2014
    I played atlanta -6 at bol yesterday. I was hoping the line would still be the same today.. anyway i think - 7 is still good.
    edited November 2014
    John Goble head ref at atlanta tonight has a very large % differential for home team point wins and so does this crew ref K.Cutler
    edited November 2014
    Heritage only book with Denver -3.5 if you like Portland....... Ganch trying to be a cutie:laugh:
    edited November 2014
    OT.. its weird how I played under 209.5 in Portland/Denver yesterday and then I went searching for ideas to play over 105 first half, but I didn't play it.
    Good luck tonight
    edited November 2014
    Heritage only book with Denver -3.5 if you like Portland....... Ganch trying to be a cutie:laugh:

Heritage - 2 now Poor ganch hung a 3.5
  • crashcrash Member
    edited November 2014
    I passed on betting the Denver-Portland game but then went to play Denver at halftime figuring that Portland would certainly tire and rest their starters while Denver wouldn't quit at home. I could not believe my eyes when I say the 2H line, Denver -7.5. Are you kidding me? I rarely bet NBA 2H lines but could somebody please advise if is this normal? The team being blown out is just assumed to reverse the trend. It would have hit but I simply couldn't pull the trigger.
    edited November 2014
    Yes, it's normal. Denver was down by 34 at the half, so -6.5 is a 27 point lose at the end of the 4 th
  • jzjz Member
    edited November 2014
    BO Openers for 11/13: Bucks +3.

Bucks are clearly the better team and have an extra day rest.
    edited November 2014
    jz wrote: »
    BO Openers for 11/13: Bucks +3.

Bucks are clearly the better team and have an extra day rest.

that was a beauty. I'm on it
    edited November 2014
    Wow, Bol has no money lines today on NBA 1 st quarters :laughing:
    are they showing for anyone else with a BOL account
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Miami- Wade (hamstring) out
    edited November 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Miami- Wade (hamstring) out

played miami last nite +2.5 ill bite again at +4.5 or better in small increments
    edited November 2014
    kane, denver looks good tonite u like?
    edited November 2014
    2nd time played an over night to wake up to a better number all my other numbers appear okay anybody know anything about the Houston/Philly game or is it an over reaction to last night combined with a back to back for Philly. This game will rain 3's just need to make sure Harden plays. If u hear something let me know TIA
    edited November 2014
    or is it an over reaction to last night combined with a back to back

OT, I think all this back to back mumbo jumbo on teams playing 4 out of 5 nites or whatever it maybe is all factored into the opener.
    The denver backers against portland a couple days ago really got the hammer, but the true sharps waited and pounded all +3.5s and +3s on Portland and the line closed at 2.5 I think you will be fine on the houston over
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    2nd time played an over night to wake up to a better number all my other numbers appear okay anybody know anything about the Houston/Philly game or is it an over reaction to last night combined with a back to back for Philly. This game will rain 3's just need to make sure Harden plays. If u hear something let me know TIA

I read that Beverly and Terrence Jones are out for Houston. Only thing I saw.
    edited November 2014
    ebemiss wrote: »
    I read that Beverly and Terrence Jones are out for Houston. Only thing I saw.

I saw that Harden got dinged a little but is expected to play and that Jones and Beverly were ? But this is the NBA and we know how that goes. I stand by my number Over 207:cry:

Thanks guys and Thanks ebe
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014

No, not on Denver tonight. There's only one I'm looking at, if I play it, I will post in the one a day thread
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited November 2014

lol stay away
    edited November 2014
    durito wrote: »
    lol stay away

I played them small earlier, just seems like they hit bottom against Portland and maybe they can bounce back here and show some pride.
    But I hear what your saying this team is so disfunctional at the moment it's scary.
    edited November 2014
    Durito, is there anyway on SO to make the line feeds come up in history as a live feed tick by tick?