Betting Talk

NBA Discussion, Latest News and Player Updates '14/ '15

1323334353638»

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    To many games tonight, not in the mood to post a laundry list of injuries, but Hassan Whiteside, Birdman, and Wade are out tonight for Miami
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Atlanta- Their starting five are all out
    Charlotte- Michael Kidd Gilchrest and Cody Zeller are out
    Golden St- Andre Iguodala and Draymond Green are out
    Utah- Derrick Favors is out
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I understand rest it's a long season and truly a grind and very hard on ankles and feet but why not give two guys rest then two the next game and so on. I think by leaving 3 regs in with the guys that don't get many minutes with the regulars would be an excellent learning experience for them. I understand they're pros also but I think playing with some of the regulars more minutes then they usually do would be more beneficial. Just a thought.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Havent heard for sure but Houston will rest Howard either today against Washington or tomorrow against Toronto.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Havent heard for sure but Houston will rest Howard either today against Washington or tomorrow against Toronto.

He's playing today, out tomorrow
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I watched the entire Phx/Por game last night (Portland -8.5) and the Suns are done. Last 4 games (4 losses & 4 unders.) They still have a slim chance @ the #8 seed but IMO, no shot. With 2 home games against Utah & LA Clippers and 5 road games against Golden State, Atlanta,Dallas,New Orleans & San Antonio, their schedule is brutal if the remaining teams come to play. Obviously, we need to know the status of the other teams (who is resting/injured and playoff positioning) but Phoenix is on the top of my watch list.

--Wynn
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Miami- D Wade is questionable, Luol Deng is probable, Udonis Haslem is questionable
    Cleveland- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love are questionable, Iman Shumpert is probable
    Houston- Dwight Howard is probable
    Phoenix- Brandon Knight is doubtful, Alex Len is out
    Golden St- Draymond Green is questionable
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Miami- D Wade is questionable, Luol Deng is probable, Udonis Haslem is questionable
    Cleveland- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love are questionable, Iman Shumpert is probable
    Houston- Dwight Howard is probable
    Phoenix- Brandon Knight is doubtful, Alex Len is out
    Golden St- Draymond Green is questionable
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Let me jinx my self now...LOL

78320798-5 12/19/2014 9:03AM 300.00 27,000.00 NBA Futures - 2014-2015 NBA Championship - Odds to win the NBA Championship - Atlanta Hawks +9000

How about this one? :basketball: I think Jeff Teague will be this team's downfall if they make it.
  • capthookcapthook Banned
    edited April 2015
    I'd love to have that bet now, but can't imagine the logic when placing it.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    capthook wrote: »

They were on a 13-2 run at the moment of the bet (18-7 overall record) and were the darlings of Zach Lowe and Haralobos Vulgarise at the beginning of the season. At that price you were getting a shitload of value. hawks kept outperforming the market expectations till the end of January. Yes, it took the market 2.5 months to recognize their real level of play.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited April 2015

Mostly what Obi said and Obi knows me by now along with a few others here that most of my wagers in the NBA don't rely on logic.

Capthook:
    I don't understand why you would make a futures play with BITCOIN. I just looked at the Oct 16 th 2014 price and the bitcoin was between 380 and 395
    Today the bitcoin is worth 252.00 that's 36% wiped off your bet if it hits. You can't be placing future bets with bitcoin the volatility is just way to high unless you have some hedging technique. Good luck with your Cleveland bet. Jeff Teague scares me and I'm sure he will be a big factor that eliminates Atlanta somewhere along the playoffs or maybe in the finals. And yes I will be hedging along the way.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Derek Rose returns for the Bulls tomorrow(4/9). Expected to get 20-22 minutes PT.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Derek Rose returns for the Bulls tomorrow(4/9). Expected to get 20-22 minutes PT.

Actually he played last night against Orlando, he played 19 minutes. He's listed as questionable tonight against Miami, not sure if he's ready to play back to back nights
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Jimmy Butler is out
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Miami needs to lose, Philly needs to lose (to get 10th pick in draft)

What a joke of a game. Look at that Miami starting line-up haha
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    JR Smith is a fucking punk
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    kane wrote: »
    JR Smith is a fucking punk

What did he do?............. watching bases & nhl.
    edited April 2015
    There's two guys in the NBA I hate Barnes for the Clippers and J.R. Smith for Cleveland. He has been playing better since joining the Cav's and that's really pissing me off.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    What did he do?............. watching bases & nhl.

Swung his arm back and hit Jae Crowder in the face, got thrown out and will probably be suspended for their next game, it's not the first time he's delivered a cheap shot and I'm sure it won't be the last, fucking punk
    edited April 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Swung his arm back and hit Jae Crowder in the face, got thrown out and will probably be suspended for their next game, it's not the first time he's delivered a cheap shot and I'm sure it won't be the last, fucking punk

That's a thug in short pants and if he just gets one game it's a joke. Then when Chicago beats Cleve they can put some of the blame on that POS
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    wizards are going to score so many points they may not leave any in the tank for the upcoming series :)... they are en fuego to say the least.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    wizards are going to score so many points they may not leave any in the tank for the upcoming series :)... they are en fuego to say the least.

The Wiz are a talented team, I think they'll give the Hawks (assuming they advance) all they can handle and an upset would not surprise me, I'm rooting for Paul Pierce, one of my favorite Celtics off all time
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    certainly talented. i agree.