Betting Talk

NBA Discussion, Latest News and Player Updates '14/ '15

Comments

• underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    pelicans win with 2 main guys out beat toronto out right ;)..this is getting old, but the market is just so stupid when it comes to this and they will continue to remain stupid
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »
    So their admittedly stinkin up the joint, but you play them in the 2h.......

With a 15 point lead for the Bulls, a -8 game spread and only a -1 2H line, I still liked them to cover the -1. They were shooting 38% in the 1H . My expectations were that they would give a better effort in the 2H after adjustments of Kidd. Another factor is that the teams might loosen up once it turns out the game is decided in the final few minutes. Little did I know that Thibodeau would play his starters with a 20-point lead till the final minute almost. It's not like the spread got blown out, like in the 1stH. It was close. A loss still, but close.

Been watching the game for the final quarter, and still can't decide whether it was the Bulls defense limiting them or that they just had a bad night on offense. Saw a few 10-footers clank off the rim. Even on their FT's they shot only 53%.

This team will keep losing to toptier teams and win against the weaker ones.
    edited February 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    pelicans win with 2 main guys out beat toronto out right ;)..this is getting old, but the market is just so stupid when it comes to this and they will continue to remain stupid

Not only about the markets wraps,
    Also Casey been focusing on slower tempo and more defense lately. On offense he's running a lot of iso's for Lowry. Offense is stagnant when they're not gunning uptempo and moving around like earlier in the season.
    edited February 2015
    This team will keep losing to toptier teams and win against the weaker ones.

No, they will cover vs GS which is the next top tier team they play before they play 4 crap teams which they might be favs in all 4 and probably not cover 3 out of 4
    edited February 2015
    Obi One wrote: »
    Not only about the markets wraps,
    Also Casey been focusing on slower tempo and more defense lately. On offense he's running a lot of iso's for Lowry. Offense is stagnant when they're not gunning uptempo and moving around like earlier in the season.

Obi, I know about the slow tempo, but whatever it might be, these teams with missing star players have been atm machines like forever as long as their dogs.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    G St- Steph Curry is probable
    Wash- Bradley Beal is out indefinitely
    Cleve- Kendrick Perkins is probable
    Dallas- Chandler Parsons is out
    edited February 2015
    Kane, check next door
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    wraps I am going to be in hoboken on saturday afternoon - any interest in meeting up for a bite to eat on me? would love to see if we could make something work for player props.
    edited February 2015
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    wraps I am going to be in hoboken on saturday afternoon - any interest in meeting up for a bite to eat on me? would love to see if we could make something work for player props.

Joe, Thanks for the offer I appreciate it, but to tell you the truth, nothing actually works to keep the account alive for more than 2-4 weeks and then I've also had encounters where I didn't get paid afterwards, or had a hard time collecting and had to wait a while. Not worth it for me for a $500 bet and then split it 50/50. These days I try to avoid new locals and I just use onscreen books and a couple off screens that are reliable.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Joe, Thanks for the offer I appreciate it, but to tell you the truth, nothing actually works to keep the account alive for more than 2-4 weeks and then I've also had encounters where I didn't get paid afterwards, or had a hard time collecting and had to wait a while. Not worth it for me for a $500 bet and then split it 50/50. These days I try to avoid new locals and I just use onscreen books and a couple off screens that are reliable.

Understood and that makes sense. It would be for 2x that amount but it would likely be short lived. I'm in town once a month or so if you're ever interested in catching up for fun. I miss those jake 2h plays.
    edited February 2015
    Joe, Jake started a service you could of joined. Most people doubted where the plays where coming from, so they never bothered to join. I don't use services for NBA or NCAA hoops. For Ncaa Hoops Edbemiss has very strong numbers at nationalsportsrankings. If I get a chance to go to Hoboken I will let you know.
    edited February 2015
    Detroit are a team to be reckoned with....
    edited February 2015
    Derrick Rose out for undisclosed period of time. Will undergo surgery on torn meniscus.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Obi One wrote: »
    Derrick Rose out for undisclosed period of time. Will undergo surgery on torn meniscus.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think losing Rose is as devastating as some in the media (yeah, you Stephen A) are making it out to be. They still have a couple of capable veterans in Hinrich and Brooks to play the point, throw in Noah, Gasol, and Butler and I think they can still compete for a championship, besides it's not like Rose was playing great this year anyway, he was averaging 18 points and 5 assists a game while shooting 40% from the field and 28% from three, and the guy has missed so much time the past few years the team is used to playing long stretches without him anyway, the Bulls will be fine.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Dallas- Rajon Rondo, Chandler Parsons, Amare Stoudemire, and Tyson Chandler are all out
    Atlanta- Jeff Teague is probable
    Washington- Paul Pierce is questionable
    Minnesota- KG is probable
    Brooklyn- Jarrett Jack is probable
    Milwauke- Michael Carter Williams is probable
    Houston- Patrick Beverley is questionable
    Chicago- Kirk Hinrich and Taj Gibson are probable
    Denver- Kenneth Faried is questionable, Wilson Chandler is doubtful
    LAL- Nick Young is out
    Sacramento- Darren Collison is out
    Portland- LaMarcus Aldridge is probable
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Patrick Beverley is out
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Milwaukee- OJ Mayo is out
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Washington- Bradley Beal and Paul Pierce are out
    Cleveland- Lebron and Irving are out
    Golden St- Andre Iguodala is out
    Houston- James Harden and Patrick Beverley are probable
    Miami- Luol Deng and Mario Chalmers are probable
    Minnesota- KG is doubtful
    Chicago- Pau Gasol is out
    Denver- Wilson Chandler and Kenneth Faried are probable
    Sacramento- Boogie Cousins is out
    Milwaukee- OJ Mayo is out
    LA Lakers- Nick Young is out
    OKC- Russell Westbrook is probable
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Anthony Mason passed away today at the age of 48, sometimes life isn't fair, sad news to start the day
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    kane wrote: »
    I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think losing Rose is as devastating as some in the media (yeah, you Stephen A) are making it out to be. They still have a couple of capable veterans in Hinrich and Brooks to play the point, throw in Noah, Gasol, and Butler and I think they can still compete for a championship, besides it's not like Rose was playing great this year anyway, he was averaging 18 points and 5 assists a game while shooting 40% from the field and 28% from three, and the guy has missed so much time the past few years the team is used to playing long stretches without him anyway, the Bulls will be fine.

Well writen and said but more important very true.
    edited February 2015
    Atlanta taking a page out of Pops book and resting all the starters. I'm surprised they mentioned it so early
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Atlanta taking a page out of Pops book and resting all the starters. I'm surprised they mentioned it so early

This is all you need to know about how they do things in the NBA. Al Horford wasn't on any injury list I saw, a little after 6:00 it was announced he would miss the game to rest, the thing is, he never even made the trip to Miami. The Hawks knew all day he wasn't playing, yet they release the information an hour and a half before tip, and stuff like this goes on all the time, and it's only going to get worse as far as players resting the deeper the season gets. The Warriors are playing Brooklyn tomorrow and it's their fourth game in five days, don't be surprised if a couple of their guys sit out, but of course it won't be announced until the last minute, that's life in the Association
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Chicago- Pau Gasol probable, Taj Gibson out
    OKC- Russell Westbrook out, Enis Kanter doubtful
    LAL- Nick Young questionable
    Orlando- Evan Fournier questionable
    Golden St- Andrew Bogut out
    Philadelphia- Nerlens Noel questionable
    Sacramneto- Boogie Cousins doubtful
    Cleveland- Lebron probable, Kyrie Irving out
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    DRose again? I understand injuries are part of the game but...........some ppl are injury prone and accident prone. When some get into too many car accidents insurance companies raise their rates and eventually shit-can them. Besides Rose's physical problems, I question his mental toughness also. Depending on contract, cutting ties are a viable option.
    edited March 2015
    Jimmy Butler (elbow) is expected to miss three-to-four weeks with a sprain, but he will not need surgery, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
    The Bulls are officially calling it a ligament (ulnar) strain and a small bone impaction injury to the left elbow. Per beat writer KC Johnson, Butler will be evaluated on a weekly basis, and it's possible he'll return in under three weeks, but we're definitely looking at an extended absence for Jimmy Buckets. Without Butler, Tony Snell should move into the starting lineup and is a must-add in every format where he's available. Without Butler and Derrick Rose (knee), the Bulls are going to be slogging through the offensive end in the near future. Mar 2 - 1:38 PM

They're saying 3-6 weeks now. Can it get any worst for the Bulls.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I wonder if Thibs should get any of the blame for all the Bulls injuries. The guy is a fantastic coach, no doubt, but he coaches every game like it's a game seven, the season is long and Thibs grinds these guys to a pulp it seems. I've seen times where the Bulls are up 20 with a few minutes left and Butler, Rose, Noah are still out there. There are reports out of Chicago that unless they win it all this year, Thibs is gone, similar to the Harbaugh situation in SF
    edited March 2015
    Riley started the trend when the Heat rested DWade and Shaq to win the title pre-LBJ. Now Popovich followed suit and he gets the credit for the sharp ploy. Anything successful in the pros becomes trendy for the rest of the league. Smart innovation is always imitated. Thibbideau hasn't conformed yet and hasn't realized many of the 83+ games full bore can do more harm longterm than good.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Toronto- Kyle Lowry is out
    Phoenix- Brandon Knight is probable
    Miami- Goran Dragic is probable, Birdman is questionable
    Golden St- Andrew Bogut is questionable
    LAC- Matt Barnes and JJ Redick are questionable
    Minnesota- Kevin Martin and Nikola Pekovic are questionable
    Dallas- Chandler Parsons and Tyson Chandler are out
    edited March 2015
    Look for Harden to get suspended this week for kicking LBJ below the belt.