Betting Talk

NBA Discussion, Latest News and Player Updates '14/ '15

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I would have thought the SAS weren't going to lose the two back to back games against the clips/G.S and the Clipper game was more then likely the game they were going to win and now your going to pay a premium by betting the Warriors. The number is way high for me and add in the fact that they were 12-6-1 ATS in back to backs last year and 7-12 O/U
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    OT, I know, the reason I posted it is because it struck me as a silly move. I agree the number is to high
    edited November 2014
    Bol openers for tomm.. some that I just played:

Basketball - 715 Brooklyn Nets/Phoenix Suns over 203½ -110 for Game
    Basketball - 713 Portland Trail Blazers/Denver Nuggets under 209½ -110 for Game
    Basketball - 711 Los Angeles Lakers/New Orleans Pelicans under 207½ -110 for Game
    Basketball - 707 Indiana Pacers/Miami Heat over 183½ -110 for Game
    Basketball - 703 Utah Jazz/Atlanta Hawks under 201½ -110 for Game
    Basketball - 704 Atlanta Hawks -6 -110 for Game
    Basketball - 709 Orlando Magic +6½ -110 for Game
    edited November 2014
    I had a argument with BOL a while ago with there CS and told them to F*** themselves took my ball went home. I think I might have to get back in there.
    I could be wrong but yesterday according to there history they opened Cleveland -10 went to -9.5 and stood there for a while. Understood it was early the day before but they do open up some good middling opportunity's. They paying you in a decent amount of time. Not that I should worry about that :)
    edited November 2014
    OT, their payouts have been quicker than about 2 years ago used to take like 30 days, but as of now it takes about 7 days.
    I agree there is some great middle opportunities.
    edited November 2014
    OT, do you know why GS is circled for tonight? Is POP going to sit players again?

Edit: circle is only at BOL as of now. Heritage has full limit 10k not sure about the others
    edited November 2014
    I follow some NBA stuff on twitter and try to pick up tid bits here and there and can't find anything and with Pops who knows what he's going to do. All I can tell you is that last year GS was also a -7 at home early in the season and -3.5 near playoff time so with pretty much the same teams the line may not be as far off as we think. It looks like Klay Thompson will play for GS. Looks like a big time pass. Good Luck
    edited November 2014
    Watch the total on this game I think GS is going to try and run this team in the ground after coming off a back to back and the SAS will run with you. This number opened 201 and is down to 198.5 IMO it's moving the wrong way. Now I could be wrong because both teams are playing to the Under this early part of the season but the books could be over adjusting because of it and the back to back. Interested in seeing any late movement towards the Over .
  • jzjz Member
    edited November 2014
    I don't love it as i think Washington's bigs are a decent matchup against AD, Monroe, Smith but I'm taking Pistons +8. Think +6.5/7 is a more fair number.

Wiz were 31-17ats as dogs last year but just 18-24-1ats as favorite. Just don't think their style is conducive to blowing teams out.
    edited November 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Watch the total on this game I think GS is going to try and run this team in the ground after coming off a back to back and the SAS will run with you. This number opened 201 and is down to 198.5 IMO it's moving the wrong way. Now I could be wrong because both teams are playing to the Under this early part of the season but the books could be over adjusting because of it and the back to back. Interested in seeing any late movement towards the Over .

i think it's a correlated move adjustment with GS moving to -7.5 so the under gets hit as well. Most likely it's a fatigue play against SA
  • caaladorcaalador Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Ginobili and Duncan likely out, fatigue, just rest the old bones. Via twitter.
    edited November 2014
    caalador wrote: »
    Ginobili and Duncan likely out, fatigue, just rest the old bones. Via twitter.

This will probably be considered another early leak with inside info like last week when Howard was out the line was jacked up by front runners and they won. 1 word of advice to the front runners, LOOK OUT FOR THE RABBIT HOLES :laugh:
    edited November 2014
    Anybody looking at Sac +8 or more tonight. I'm passing the rest of the night was just wondering anyone's thoughts.
    edited November 2014
    Anybody looking at Sac +8 or more tonight. I'm passing the rest of the night was just wondering anyone's thoughts.

That line seems to tight to me. I really have no opinion.
    edited November 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    That line seems to tight to me. I really have no opinion.

It will give you a better reading on the Sac team this year with a strong bounce back. There are people saying this is last years Suns. Will See!
    edited November 2014
    jz wrote: »
    I don't love it as i think Washington's bigs are a decent matchup against AD, Monroe, Smith but I'm taking Pistons +8. Think +6.5/7 is a more fair number.

Wiz were 31-17ats as dogs last year but just 18-24-1ats as favorite. Just don't think their style is conducive to blowing teams out.

Your right on the money last year I did very well betting Wash and N.O as dogs only. Good to have you here. Best of luck moving forward and keep the information coming. It's now Poker Time. Good Luck tonight guys.
    edited November 2014
    Cousins is playing like he's Possessed best form I've ever seen him in.
    edited November 2014
    Cousins is playing like he's Possessed best form I've ever seen him in.

Needs to stay on the court. Way to many fouls.
    edited November 2014
    Needs to stay on the court. Way to many fouls.

True, he does tend to get a little crazy at times and it gets him in foul trouble. Hopefully he learns and gets to stay on the court longer.
    edited November 2014
    OT, sorry I intruded in the other thread when jammer asked you if he should play over 198 on Toronto
    and I replied and said, "no I wouldn't". I replied fast, because I was thinking of the early bet I made on the first half total of over 102 at heritage and I was like damn, this line is moving against us in a serious way. I could of hit over 100 1st half again and decided against it and I just hope I didn't convince you to not add or jammer. Goodluck and I'll be rooting for you
    edited November 2014
    That's no problem. Here's something I haven't done since I was a kid and didn't know any better. I have the Over 202.5 and it closes 198 so I need over two buckets more then the close. Well the game goes 111 at the half and I say looks like money but not so fast my friend an 8 point favorite is losing by nine and Toronto will turn up the heat in the 2nd half but I still only 92 points to get there.

I look at the stats quickly and see that Orlando isn't really shooting that crazy but a little hot on the 3 point field side. So I look at the half total and see pinny opens I believe 98.5 some places have 98.5 higher juice and then pinny goes to 99 anyway I look in town here and see a 99.5 -110 so that gives me an 8 point middle. But I say don't be stupid your throwing away a bet with a high % of cashing. But I said fuck it. I really don't want to get screwed with this landing on 199,200,201,202 and IMO there's no way I thought this was going over 99.5 2nd half so I'm almost embarrassed to tell this story but I bet the Under in the 2nd half and if it stays away from OT I should middle this game. I think it's 40 years since I last did something like this it's just not the way I play.

One Free throw and I middle this game Oh the NBA .

Here we go lol ..:)
    edited November 2014
    You got it Congrats..Great Job
    edited November 2014
    You got it Congrats..Great Job

Embarrassed about it just not the right thing to do IMO but Thanks. You know better then most your going to throw a lot more money away then you'll make doing that.
    edited November 2014
    Embarrassed about it just not the right thing to do IMO but Thanks. You know better then most your going to throw a lot more money away then you'll make doing that.

Yes, very true OT and especially on those 2nd halves where the middle creation is 20 points or more
    edited November 2014
    This will probably be considered another early leak with inside info like last week when Howard was out the line was jacked up by front runners and they won. 1 word of advice to the front runners, LOOK OUT FOR THE RABBIT HOLES :laugh:

That Rabbit hole is DEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. :laugh: Pops nailed the Front runners this time trading on inside info.
  • jzjz Member
    edited November 2014
    whats up with the Blazers @ Nuggets line tonight? Even if i give Denver 4.5 points for home court and Portland on a b2b, my line is still pretty off on this game. I have Blazers -1.5. Maybe I'm underestimating the Batum's absence or overreacting to Denver's terrible start?
    edited November 2014
    jz wrote: »
    whats up with the Blazers @ Nuggets line tonight? Even if i give Denver 4.5 points for home court and Portland on a b2b, my line is still pretty off on this game. I have Blazers -1.5. Maybe I'm underestimating the Batum's absence or overreacting to Denver's terrible start?

Very strange indeed. I'm trying to figure it out also. I'm more curious on the first half total of 105 looks low to me.
    edited November 2014
    OT, do you know who's reffing this game in Denver ?
  • crashcrash Member
    edited November 2014
    It's more than just B2B for Portland, it's 4th game in 5 nights and now going to altitude. Denver has been sitting at home since their loss on Sunday and they have revenge also. Batum's injury put it over the edge. It's a dream scheduling scenario for those backing Denver.
    edited November 2014
    OT, do you know who's reffing this game in Denver ?

JTorr
    Mark Lindsay
    Ken Mauer