Betting Talk

NBA Discussion, Latest News and Player Updates '14/ '15

Comments

• underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Yes, Iriving is not a creator like Rondo. Rondo will be better for James, but if it will be better as a whole for the Cavs I'm not so sure
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    There's also a Rumor from Rumor Alert there's talks about a trade K.Irving for R.Rondo. That IMO would be a perfect fit for Cleveland and thoughts on Cleveland would change somewhat.

As a Celtic fan, I would need some time to digest this. Even though I think Rondo will eventually be dealt, I can't see the C's trading him for another PG, the fact that they drafted Marcus Smart tells me Rondo is gone, but Smart isn't a good enough shooter to play the two, he's a PG, so trading for Irving doesn't make sense to me. Looking at it from Cleveland's stand point, I don't think it makes any sense either. Since Lebron handles the ball so much, he needs to play with a PG who can shoot, which happens to be the weakest part of Rondo's game. Lebron would have to change his game, allowing Rondo to possess the ball a majority of the time, which isn't something I see Lebron doing. When Lebron was in Miami, the starting PG was Mario Chalmers, Chalmers isn't great, but he can shoot, he's actually more of a combo guard than a pure PG like Rondo. I just don't think the combo of Rondo and James would work on the court. If Cleveland makes a move, they would be better off trading Waiters. As far as Rondo goes, I think he would be a good fit in OKC. Move Westbrook to the two, think about a backcourt of Rondo and Westbrook, one guy loves to pass, the other loves to shoot.
    edited November 2014
    Move Westbrook to the two, think about a backcourt of Rondo and Westbrook, one guy loves to pass, the other loves to shoot.

And what will Durant do? watch them high five each other on each assist and score. Not good chemistry for the team IMO
    Rondo would fit James way better than Irving. Rondo has much better vision of the court and his creativity to find open players is A+ in my book
    and he would be able to create more spacing for Kevin Love. Irving is a ball hog and as the CAVS season goes forward Locker room issues will arise with the Cavs. Irving has had many feuds at halftime last year in the locker room.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I disagree on two points, The reason Lebron plays point in the beginning of a game (Last night was a classic example) is to get people involved because I don't think he's ever played with a true point guard and that leads to my 2nd K.Irving in your opinion is a point guard? he's just another Westbrook that would rather shoot then dish and get other people involved.
    edited November 2014
    he's just another Westbrook that would rather shoot then dish and get other people involved.

That's exactly what Irving is, except Westbrook can control himself emotionally because he has Durant as a father figure to keep him calm.
    Cav players have had many issues in the past with Irving in the LR at halftimes.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    And what will Durant do? watch them high five each other on each assist and score. Not good chemistry for the team IMO
    Rondo would fit James way better than Irving. Rondo has much better vision of the court and his creativity to find open players is A+ in my book
    and he would be able to create more spacing for Kevin Love. Irving is a ball hog and as the CAVS season goes forward Locker room issues will arise with the Cavs. Irving has had many feuds at halftime last year in the locker room.

If Rondo played with Durant and Westbrook he might average 20 assists a game, he would fit in perfectly with those guys, Rondo loves passing, KD and RW love shooting, seems like a perfect match. Lebron is a point forward, he has the ball most of the time, meaning Rondo would have to get used to not having the ball, and he's not a good enough shooter to play the role of Irving. I don't see how Rondo and Lebron would co-exist as Rondo isn't a good enough shooter to play off the ball, for Rondo to be effective, he has to have the ball in his hands, any PG playing with Lebron won't be able to handle the ball as much because Lebron dominates the ball, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.
    edited November 2014
    Lebron is a point forward, he has the ball most of the time, meaning Rondo would have to get used to not having the ball, and he's not a good enough shooter to play the role of Irving.

I understand what you are saying, but it would all change if Rondo went to Clev. Rondo would continue his original role and Lebron's roll would change. If this trade happens you will see that I'm right, but I highly doubt this trade will happen and there's no way he's going to OKC either.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I disagree on two points, The reason Lebron plays point in the beginning of a game (Last night was a classic example) is to get people involved because I don't think he's ever played with a true point guard and that leads to my 2nd K.Irving in your opinion is a point guard? he's just another Westbrook that would rather shoot then dish and get other people involved.

OT, Lebron plays point forward the whole game, any PG that plays with him has to be a good shooter, Rondo is not. Yes, Irving is a PG, but he's got a scorers mentality, he's a shoot first, pass second PG, Rondo is the exact opposite. Let's say Rondo is on Cleveland right now, okay here comes Lebron down the floor with the ball, he gets by his man and heads to the rim, another defender picks him up and Lebron passes it out to an open Rondo, who proceeds to miss the open jumper, since that's the weakest part of his game. Any PG who plays with Lebron has to be a good outside shooter, and less of a ball handler. Lebron has possession of the ball most of the game, meaning if Rondo went to Cleveland, he would have to get used to not having the ball as much as a PG normally does, and instead would have to cut more, and knock down open jumpers, which isn't something he does well. I would be very surprised if the Celtics traded Rondo for Irving, it doesn't make sense to me, but always good talking to ya, like I said with Wraps, we'll have to agree to disagree.
    edited November 2014
    Let's say Rondo is on Cleveland right now, okay here comes Lebron down the floor with the ball, he gets by his man and heads to the rim, another defender picks him up and Lebron passes it out to an open Rondo, who proceeds to miss the open jumper, since that's the weakest part of his game.
    Lebron wont be coming down the floor with the ball. The roll would change.
    Lebron passes it out to an open Rondo, who proceeds to miss the open jumper
    he wont take the jumper because in this situation Love will be open or whomever else Rondo see's open with his magical eyes
    edited November 2014
    What would probably happen is a 50/50 taking the ball down the court between Lebron and Rondo which would be very difficult to defend either way.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I understand what you are saying, but it would all change if Rondo went to Clev. Rondo would continue his original role and Lebron's roll would change. If this trade happens you will see that I'm right, but I highly doubt this trade will happen and there's no way he's going to OKC either.

I don't think he'll end up in OKC either, I've just been tossing that around for a couple of years since I really think Westbrook would be better if he played the two, instead of point. You say if Rondo went to Cleveland Lebron's role would change, I agree that someone would have to change their game, and it would be much easier for Lebron to change than Rondo, unless Rondo all of a sudden develops an outside shot, and at this point in his career that's highly unlikely, when you've been in the league as long as Rondo has, you pretty much are what you are. As far as Lebron goes, ever since he was in high school, he's always been a guy who dominates the ball, he would have to radically change the way he's played the game his entire life, instead of possessing the ball, playing with Rondo means he would have to start playing off the ball, which again is something he's never done before, believe me, if you gave those guys an entire off-season to get used to each other and to figure out the best way to pair up, and also assuming Lebron is willing to completely change his game and let Rondo handle the ball, then I'm sure they could figure it out, but looking at it right now on paper, I don't think they would be a good fit. I know I keep repeating this, but any guard who's on the floor with Lebron has to be able to knock down open jumpers. For all the great things Lebron does on the court, his best skill is passing, if you're open, he'll find you, and you better be able to consistently knock down those open shots, or you won't be out there for long.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Lebron wont be coming down the floor with the ball. The roll would change.

he wont take the jumper because in this situation Love will be open or whomever else Rondo see's open with his magical eyes

So Lebron would have to change the way he's played the game his whole life, sorry but I just don't see it. I still insist any PG playing with Lebron has to be able to hit an open jumper, Rondo can't.
    edited November 2014
    It would probably be a 50/50 split and most defenses wouldn't be able to cover it. Don't mean anything if Rondo can't hit the jumper in that situation, because he's a floor space creator and opportunities would open up for other shooters like K Love.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I love ya Wraps, but we obviously won't be changing each others minds on this. I do think Rondo gets dealt, it will be interesting to see where he ends up. I know last year there was a rumor he was heading to Houston for Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik, and a number one, but nothing materialized. I have to think the drafting of Smart means Rondo's days in Boston are numbered as neither one of them is a good enough shooter to play together, and Smart wasn't drafted that high to be a backup.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Washington, Indiana, NY, and Milwaukee are all playing their fourth game in five nights
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Anyone have any idea who or what is behind the move on Golden St?
    edited November 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea who or what is behind the move on Golden St?

I looked around. I don't see anything or anyone I watch. probably some other outfits
    edited November 2014
    Kane, do you know if Lawson is coming back for denver tomm?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Kane, do you know if Lawson is coming back for denver tomm?

Right now he's questionable. I did find something interesting, this is copied word for word.

Ty Lawson (ankle) said he knew right after shootaround that he would not play on Friday against the Cavs, and that he'll try to play on Sunday against Portland.

So Lawson knew early in the day that he wasn't going to play, but he's not officially announced as out until 30 minutes before tipoff. The Nuggets knew all along he was out, but didn't make it official until shortly before game time, that's the kind of shit that teams get away with all the time, and there really isn't anything that can be done unfortunately. NFL teams get fined when they're caught playing with the injury list, but in the NBA, this stuff is commonplace.
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, those rules are BS in the NBA. Someone needs to change it.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, those rules are BS in the NBA. Someone needs to change it.

Please don't hold your breath on that one. The NBA should think about the integrity of the game but they look at it as a strategy. Clearly BS
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Here we go, Houston- Dwight Howard (flu) out, possibly this was known by someone which would help explain the big move towards Golden St, I'm assuming he didn't all of a sudden come down with the flu 30 minutes till tip, this league is a fucking joke
    edited November 2014
    yep, Just like I said a few days ago in this thread, some outfits get inside info real early, and its no different than the stock market or any trading market.
    Sometimes it works and sometimes it bites them in the ass hard. I might make a small play on Houston. I see +3.5 now this reflects once it came public but the ones with inside info already have +4 or +3.5 on GS
    edited November 2014
    small play on houston found a 4 with a local ...if I didn't find the 4 I would of took 3.5 on screen
  • jzjz Member
    edited November 2014
    I missed out on a better number but i bet the Pelicans against the Heat tonight. I think Cavs are still overvalued; they're probably be a premium to bet on the Cavs all year. Pelicans love to attack the rim and Cavs struggle to defender at the rimD. An older team may benefit more from having 2 days rest but Cavs are also playing their first home game off a road trip so Pelicans first half may be worth a look. Waiters is out
    edited November 2014
    I hit the pelicans first Q just now +2 at +105
    edited November 2014
    BINGO JZ
    edited November 2014
    11/10 07:01 PM +160 -178 Repeat could of went here but time didn't allow it so i hit the +2 at +105
    11/10 06:59 PM +166 -185 who the fuck was that???LOL that wasn't you Jafar was it
    11/10 06:58 PM +171 -190
    11/10 06:57 PM +166 -185
    11/10 06:48 PM +162 -180
    edited November 2014
    Didn't check my penders at Bol today from yesterday, and never had a chance to rebet today.. number wasn't even close to the one below.
    all that being said I had a similar play last week with great CLV on a Cleveland total which I posted a couple pages back only to get spanked in the 2 nd half and lose...hopefully this one pans out

282498448 - 1 Nov 09, 2014 12:03 PM Total $275.00 $250.00
    Basketball - 701 New Orleans Pelicans/Cleveland Cavaliers over 194½ -110 for Game
    edited November 2014
    Lot of Love for GS this morning at -7.5