Betting Talk

NBA Discussion, Latest News and Player Updates '14/ '15

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    isn't this 90% a microcosm of a new team and pretty much all new players coming together along with playing on the road against some tough competition? the argument or talk that LeBron and kyrie had after the game I would like to think is one of a few they will encounter to get everyone on the same page. wait til they get back on home court a bit more and vs. the eastern teams. I wouldn't be too worried about this team... 6 assists total in a game though is downright unheadof though.

Remember Miami had won a championship before Lebron got there and that's a whole different mind set knowing what it takes to win one and not just talking about it. The coach and GM IMO also made a difference which is another edge I believe Cleveland doesn't have at this point. They may get there but not this year. but to actually lose that game last night was sad watching them. They lose by 2 but the game was nowhere near that close.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    isn't this 90% a microcosm of a new team and pretty much all new players coming together along with playing on the road against some tough competition? the argument or talk that LeBron and kyrie had after the game I would like to think is one of a few they will encounter to get everyone on the same page. wait til they get back on home court a bit more and vs. the eastern teams. I wouldn't be too worried about this team... 6 assists total in a game though is downright unheadof though.

The biggest season win total I made was under Cavs. I said before the season started this team will struggle the first couple of months, I witnessed the same thing down here when Lebron first came to Miami, they'll eventually figure it out, but it's a long process. Everything these guys are experiencing is new to them, on the court as well as off. Irving has to learn a new role, one he's never had to play before, moving without the ball and becoming a better catch and shoot player, Love better get used to less touches on the floor and more interviews off it, nothing surprising at all watching their slow start. By the time the season ends, I'm sure they'll be fine, but not without some bumps in the road. Also, keep this in mind, no team has ever won a championship with a defense not ranked in the top ten. If the Cavs fall short, it will be because of their defense not being good enough, Lebron can cover anyone on the floor at any time, but Irving and especially Love have never been defensive stoppers, and I don't see how all of a sudden they'll become good defenders now, but at least they have a coach with a lot of experience to help guide them through the season.........oh wait.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Remember Miami had won a championship before Lebron got there and that's a whole different mind set knowing what it takes to win one and not just talking about it. The coach and GM IMO also made a difference which is another edge I believe Cleveland doesn't have at this point. They may get there but not this year. but to actually lose that game last night was sad watching them. They lose by 2 but the game was nowhere near that close.

Great point OT, even though fans in general don't know much about coach Spo, within the league he's highly thought of, and there's certainly no Pat Riley running the Cavs front office. The Heat already won a title before he got here and were already considered a first class organization. The Cavs are a clown show who happened to be fortunate that the best player in the game was born in their state, they were garbage before he got there, they were garbage when he left and they'll be garbage again once he retires. There's a big difference when comparing Miami's organization with Cleveland's.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Dallas- Al-Farouq Amino (knee) probable, Ray Felton (ankle) doubtful
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    jz wrote: »
    Duncan, Manu, Splitter, Belinelli all out and I'm sitting on spurs +4, dang

do certain groups have "inside info" which could explain why Spurs were at 4.5 before this news became public? i knew 4.5 wasn't right...

These guys out isn't necessarily a bad thing. They'll play a lot looser. Kawhi and Danny Green will get more opps. Diaw will get his. Tony will be Tony. Corey Joesph will play upbeat and look to create as he lost his backup spot to Patty last year. Ayers should get some pt at the 5 and that will have the Spurs playing faster than normal. Bonner sucks dick but will prob get a few 3's off, and will def give up points on D.

In my opinion, as Spurs super fan 99, this game will go over.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    kane wrote: »
    they'll eventually figure it out, but it's a long process.

It might be a bit longer than what it took in Miami.

I believe LeBron actually went to Cleveland because he could get the most money there. Actually he was probably thinking championships + ownership. At no point was this about 'coming home', it was always about 'filling my pockets'. That 1-2-3...4-5-6 ad of LeBron made me laugh so hard. Making a whole city believe Superman landed in town......superman doesn't charge $109 for a jersey! Victims of marketing.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Obi One wrote: »
    It might be a bit longer than what it took in Miami.

I believe LeBron actually went to Cleveland because he could get the most money there. Actually he was probably thinking championships + ownership. At no point was this about 'coming home', it was always about 'filling my pockets'. That 1-2-3...4-5-6 ad of LeBron made me laugh so hard. Making a whole city believe Superman landed in town......superman doesn't charge $109 for a jersey! Victims of marketing.

Obi, there were several reasons why he went back to Cleveland, and you're right, him "going home" wasn't one of the main ones, but he spins it that way so the media will love him and he gets to make all those neat Nike commercials, and he'll be treated like a god there. The main reason he went back there was power, I wish we could have a conversation over the phone about this, as there's no way for me to go into great details typing on a keyboard, but believe me, the public doesn't know what really went on behind the scenes regarding his move "back home". Also, It's not like I have some super secret inside info, but trust me when I say Power within the Heat's organization was the biggest factor in him leaving Miami. He'll have no such worries now that he's in Cleveland, that organization will do anything Lebron says, anything. If after the season he wants Blatt gone, he'll be fired the same day, if he wants player x traded, that guy will be traded, If Lebron tells Dan Gilbert to jump, Gilbert's response will be "how high?" Lebron was always used to being treated like a king in Cleveland, and he'll be treated that way again, which is the most important thing to him.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited November 2014
    Obi, there were several reasons why he went back to Cleveland, and you're right, him "going home" wasn't one of the main ones, but he spins it that way so the media will love him and he gets to make all those neat Nike commercials, and he'll be treated like a god there. The main reason he went back there was power, I wish we could have a conversation over the phone about this, as there's no way for me to go into great details typing on a keyboard, but believe me, the public doesn't know what really went on behind the scenes regarding his move "back home". Also, It's not like I have some super secret inside info, but trust me when I say Power within the Heat's organization was the biggest factor in him leaving Miami. He'll have no such worries now that he's in Cleveland, that organization will do anything Lebron says, anything. If after the season he wants Blatt gone, he'll be fired the same day, if he wants player x traded, that guy will be traded, If Lebron tells Dan Gilbert to jump, Gilbert's response will be "how high?" Lebron was always used to being treated like a king in Cleveland, and he'll be treated that way again, which is the most important thing to him.

Yeah, but opening night was the greatest sporting event ever. What's left? :)
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I agree with everything you're saying kane/ot as we all had to expect this based on all multiple reasons. playing in the east should help them win some easy ones and as time goes the cohesiveness will improve if they players accept it and allow it too. kyrie accepting his role certainly remains the largest factor IMO... I think Love is going to conform quicker. the inability to D up will ultimately kill them without improvement as well like you said kane.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Kane, Denver +5 so far. I keep wondering if this is the high or not.
    edited November 2014
    screw it, I'm taking half a position now on Denver at +5 and if its the same or higher at the close tomm I will fill the other half:basketball:
    edited November 2014
    jeez that was fast +4.5 now almost everywhere. that couldn't of been me
    edited November 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Strange move indeed..
    Hawks+ 3.5 already at +2.5
    hawks over 194
    clev over 207.5
    nuggets + 3 here I go again :)
    milw over 195
    minny over 197
    magic +3.5
    Okc +8.5

Minny reached 204 now crashing hard in the last few minutes
    edited November 2014
    I'm hearing Rose is Out again. (Can someone confirm) How would you like to play with this guy. Noah is back
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I'm hearing Rose is Out again. (Can someone confirm) How would you like to play with this guy. Noah is back

Rose out, Noah probable
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Charlotte- Michael Kidd-Gilchrest (chest) probable
    NY- Pablo Prigioni (leg) out
    Toronto- Jonas Valanciunas (face) probable, Amir Johnson (ankle) probable
    Dallas- Ray Felton (ankle) doubtful
    edited November 2014
    The Hornets are scoring 91.4 points per game and shooting 42.5 percent, but they should get a boost from the return of starting forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, who missed two games due to bruised ribs. He had 28 points and 20 rebounds in his first two games before going down Nov. 2 at New York.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Denver- Ty Lawson (ankle) out, fuck
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Hey Wraps, if you're looking to play Denver with 5.5-6, now's your chance
    edited November 2014
    Denver- Ty Lawson (ankle) out, fuck

that sucks.. if it goes 7 or higher I'm still going to play my other half
    i cant believe i pushed on 193 over Detroit.. horrendous 4th Q
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Nate Robinson gets the start, I'm hoping the good Nate shows up tonight. Then again, usually good Nate and bad Nate both show up
    edited November 2014
    lucky durito showed up here yesterday otherwise i would of had 275 on +3 LOL
    as soon as i read his post i covered it... 25 dollar loss before game even starts LOL
    edited November 2014
    Nate Robinson gets the start, I'm hoping the good Nate shows up tonight. Then again, usually good Nate and bad Nate both show up

wow what a number difference between Lawson and Nate
    Ty Lawson 14.49 2.35 7.43
    Nate Robinson 7.94 1.01 1.9
    points reb assists
    edited November 2014
    fuck it in at +6.5 for other half.. star player out im in
    edited November 2014
    Good Luck kane.. I have 5 and a 6.5
  • h82loseh82lose Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Got 7 right before tip and a little bit of the ML. Let's hope going against the move pans out. I like that the over got steamed too
    edited November 2014
    h82lose wrote: »
    Got 7 right before tip and a little bit of the ML. Let's hope going against the move pans out. I like that the over got steamed too

nice job im on the over small 207.5 from yesterday. I didnt replay it today, I forgot was doing so much other crap
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Cavs actually rotating and playing some team d with some energy.
    edited November 2014
    There's also a Rumor from Rumor Alert there's talks about a trade K.Irving for R.Rondo. That IMO would be a perfect fit for Cleveland and thoughts on Cleveland would change somewhat.