Betting Talk

BGPicks.com is up and running

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I know what it's like, I've bought RAS for 5 years for both sports. I know it's not for everyone and I wasn't trying to stir up anything from a financial standpoint. Not many people can buy this stuff to justify the cost I know that. But even betting 400$ per play is the absolute least I would ever recommend to bet on RAS or BG. I bet RAS for way more. Rightfully so too, cause he's good, and BG really isn't.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    lily wrote: »
    I agree..was trying to make the point without calling Golfer or any others out..clearly this isnt for recreational gamblers , both BG and RAS make it clear.

I got ya... most recreational bettors sign up for these services, post up at a credit shop, and start firing away.... most of the time it works out for them. But when things start shitty, it's very hard to keep firing away, especially when you are betting more than you can afford to lose.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    400 a play so at -10 to -12 units your stuck 4/4800 man i though you where down like 50k with all this noise
    edited April 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    400 a play so at -10 to -12 units your stuck 4/4800 man i though you where down like 50k with all this noise

Lol no not down 50k. How much are you guys betting on his games? Can't imagine anyone betting less than 500$ a play other than me.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    O/U on golfer's blood pressure right now?
  • BigJoeyBigJoey Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Prob only 137 over 92. Thinking he young, thin and healthy
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Lol no not down 50k. How much are you guys betting on his games? Can't imagine anyone betting less than 500$ a play other than me.
    Whats 4k for you when u have a million dollar inheritance waiting :shakehands:
    edited April 2014
    O/U on golfer's blood pressure right now?

Don't even care any more. Signing up for the rest of the year tomorrow. I went back and read bulls post a couple of pages ago and I'm just gonna do that. Don't expect to hear anymore from me till mid August. Atleast not on this topic. What's funny is I haven't even sweated his games hard at all compared to RAS. I think it's just baseball in general, it's hard to really sweat this sport
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    lily wrote: »
    To justify seasonal package one should be playing 500 per game or so ? at .5%-1% you are talking 50k to 100 k roll..how many non pros have that kind of BR? Just saying and I am not disagreeing with your %s

I guess I should expand on my position. Risk sizing is up to the individual trader. Usually, larger traders (like durito) prefer a more conservative approach. It's their living and they need to withstand the inevitable bad stretches. However, this is not to say that a young aspiring trader could not risk more in a relatively safe manner if he only had a substandard (by pro standards) amount to start out with. I think (for example) a $25,000 Bankroll risking $500 would be just fine. And I'm not saying that there wouldn't be more risk (there most certainly would be), but I would see it as better than putting that $25,000 in most other high risk/high reward investments available or leaving it in the bank to rot. Yeah, you could lose it quicker during a brutal stretch with this more aggressive approach, but the long term expected returns risking 2% per trade with BG (a necessity of your current condition) is better than many other alternatives.
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Playing 500..about 2% of BR..may take Duritos advice and scale back.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I was at $300 a game, but recently upped it to $400
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Rightfully so too, cause he's good, and BG really isn't.

Curious as to how you'd come up with the opinion that BG "isn't good". You obviously bought his service, so did you have this opinion going in? Or are you basing it off a few weeks worth of picks, while ignoring all of his long term results?
    edited April 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Whats 4k for you when u have a million dollar inheritance waiting :shakehands:

Hope it's alot more than a million. Lol Jk. Let me see if I can finally copy past what I had wrote in email a few days ago
    edited April 2014
    Don't even care any more. Signing up for the rest of the year tomorrow. I went back and read bulls post a couple of pages ago and I'm just gonna do that. Don't expect to hear anymore from me till mid August. Atleast not on this topic. What's funny is I haven't even sweated his games hard at all compared to RAS. I think it's just baseball in general, it's hard to really sweat this sport

Proud of you buddy! Just see trade, put in trade, and then hit the links ;)
    edited April 2014
    TommyL wrote: »
    Curious as to how you'd come up with the opinion that BG "isn't good". You obviously bought his service, so did you have this opinion going in? Or are you basing it off a few weeks worth of picks, while ignoring all of his long term results?

Basically took Ed's word for it and saw his last 2 year records in baseball and saw what he posted here at BT. Figured Ed must really of thought this guy was something special to have the nerve to endorse anyone after kellen. (Which I did not buy:)). And it worked into my schedule well, I was 50-50 on if I was gonna bet baseball this year. After I saw the post about BG I thought it would be fun to give it a go. What would the line be right now in Vegas for BG to win for the year? I say even money. And on that bet I will take "yes" he wins for the year. What do you think?

To answer your question tommy, yes, I'm judging that on the 2 weeks
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited April 2014
    Good luck Golfer hope it works out for you.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    durito wrote: »
    I had two worse days this month.

Make that 3.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2014

I hope this is the case (though my vote is still for you to take the summer off), but I'll believe it when I see it.

I was happy to see you make that post, but then I noticed several others that demonstrate you really still don't get it.

That said, I obviously hope BG turns it around for you and everyone following him. BOL.

P.S. Agree 100% about sweating MLB. I used to if I was bored and running well, but generally have zero desire to ever watch baseball. Of course, I don't do much sweating these days in general except for NFL b/c I'd be watching anyway.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited April 2014

Ahhhhhhh, the old stick my head in the sand techinque, brilliant. Given the ytd results I would not suggest this.

Cautiously monitoring his plays , clv , overall record and your personal bankroll would be a more prudent approach.

There are no sure things in life, especially not baseball picks from a tout. Vigilence is required.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I think the bottom line here is that baseball sucks
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I've been playing $250 per.
    edited April 2014
    2sportguy wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhh, the old stick my head in the sand techinque, brilliant. Given the ytd results I would not suggest this.

Cautiously monitoring his plays , clv , overall record and your personal bankroll would be a more prudent approach.

There are no sure things in life, especially not baseball picks from a tout. Vigilence is required.

LMAO! Yeah, monitoring short-term results and making decisions based upon them (and not the impressive overall long term body of work) is clearly the better approach... (sarcasm)
    edited April 2014
    blackbull wrote: »
    LMAO! Yeah, monitoring short-term results and making decisions based upon them (and not the impressive overall long term body of work) is clearly the better approach... (sarcasm)

Unfortunately, blackbull, the majority of the people who are in the market for buying picks don't give two shits what the capper did prior to beginning the service. They have the "what have you done for me lately" mentality.
    edited April 2014
    procap wrote: »
    Unfortunately, blackbull, the majority of the people who are in the market for buying picks don't give two shits what the capper did prior to beginning the service. They have the "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

Agree my friend. Hopefully we can bring a few to the light tho ;)
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Anybody have his April record from last year?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2014
    worm33 wrote: »

Here's his pick thread: http://www.bettingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/173239-Buffett-Gambler-MLB-2013-Season-Thread

Looks like he didn't start until 4/17 so only 2 weeks and not many plays. Not going to bother calculating just April, but I see 25-22, +.75u on 5/5.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    Here's his pick thread: http://www.bettingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/173239-Buffett-Gambler-MLB-2013-Season-Thread

Looks like he didn't start until 4/17 so only 2 weeks and not many plays. Not going to bother calculating just April, but I see 25-22, +.75u on 5/5.

I just remember last year I think he started slowly and I didn't think much of the plays. Which is the same way I feel this year. But obv he finished very strong so I have no reason to believe he won't finish strong again.
    edited April 2014

This is my biggest thing... BG stated on the forum he was several hundred hours behind schedule for baseball season. That combined with the fact he didn't start posting until end of April last year really left me scratching my head when he was releasing plays on opening day....

I do believe he gets stronger as the season progresses, his results have shown that. So why "rush" into it?
    edited April 2014

20-18 / -0.50
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    blackbull wrote: »

Are you suggesting that previous results are always an indication of future results ? I could give you 50,000 examples to the contrary but would hate to disrupt whatever it is you tell yourself to help you sleep at night.

Your " sarcastic " comment is the most idiotic thing I have ever read on this board. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.