Betting Talk

BGPicks.com is up and running

Comments

• blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    durito wrote: »
    No sure how big of line moves you guys were expecting releasing into 10k limits at pin/cris, but they are moving almost instantly (5-10c today) and for the most part closing well.

Agree. "Big" is relative to the size of the marketplace. These are significant moves for a market of this size.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited April 2014
    The best news so far is that the releases have by all indications been fairly easy for subscribers to follow at release line or better.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    durito wrote: »
    No sure how big of line moves you guys were expecting releasing into 10k limits at pin/cris, but they are moving almost instantly (5-10c today) and for the most part closing well.

When I made my comment it was unclear whether he'd be releasing into max limits or not, obviously that's a game changer.

I personally wouldn't consider any move "big" unless it beats the no-vig closer.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    procap wrote: »
    When I made my comment it was unclear whether he'd be releasing into max limits or not, obviously that's a game changer.

I personally wouldn't consider any move "big" unless it beats the no-vig closer.

Well that's another thing altogether. I assumed people were talking about how much they'd move on release (ie how much impact the service has on the lines -- I certainly expect them to mostly beat close). I mean he released Rockies -133 yesterday, moved right away to -140 within an hour was back to -130 but ended up closing -147.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited April 2014
    I guess he is not a fan of the SPCA
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Was BG beating the no-vig pinnacle closers the last couple of years? This is my first year of knowing about him, sorry if its common knowledge or talked about in other threads.
  • BigFishBigFish Member
    edited April 2014
    Just noticed this thread, and immediately signed up with BGPicks for the year. Good stuff.

Here's my question for Ed/BG/anyone who knows: Does BG anticipate offering any other sports, other than baseball? And if so, which ones?
    edited April 2014
    Is baseball his best sport?
  • BigFishBigFish Member
    edited April 2014
    One more question, with apologies if this has already been addressed (seems too obvious not to have been, but I can't find the answer in this thread).

I note that the new service appears to be MLB sides only. How much of BG's success on the forum posts was derived from totals, which will presumably not be offered in the service? I didn't really follow him on here, or the prior forums, but I thought he was playing some totals.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    All his posted MLB plays have been sides.
    edited April 2014
    Are people able to get his lines? I am thinking about buying
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    winner_13 wrote: »
    Are people able to get his lines? I am thinking about buying

I've had no issues getting his lines.
  • SquigglySquiggly Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I had issues this am getting his lines in all 3 cases.

By 805 am PST I would have had several more outs available. Perhaps by 800 am PST.

BG - Is it possible to hold off the releases until 8:05 am PST (15 minutes later) ? Or at least until 8:00 am PST before the 1st release (10 minutes later)?
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    No. If you couldn't get today's releases then you better find different outs, cause those arent any good. Not to mention we had an overnight release too. It's not like RAS when there is a pretty well determined time. The releases are different everyday and no set times to speak of.
    edited April 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    No. If you couldn't get today's releases then you better find different outs, cause those arent any good. Not to mention we had an overnight release too. It's not like RAS when there is a pretty well determined time. The releases are different everyday and no set times to speak of.

Does BG have your permission to answer for himself?

" Not to mention we had an overnight release too."
    I'm well aware of this. That has nothing to do with my question.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Settle down guys.

Squiggly, when you post on a public forum, people are free to respond. I suggest using the contact link on BG's site if you have direct questions for him.
    edited April 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    Settle down guys.

Squiggly, when you post on a public forum, people are free to respond. I suggest using the contact link on BG's site if you have direct questions for him.

Thanks Goats. Hadn't noticed that previously, or I wouldn't have posted the question here. Will email him.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Weird, but since the start I've gotten better than the released lines by a cent or 2 like 80% of the times and I like it that way.
  • BigFishBigFish Member
    edited April 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Weird, but since the start I've gotten better than the released lines by a cent or 2 like 80% of the times and I like it that way.

Not that weird. BG even says on his site that you can probably obtain a better line in many cases. Glad to hear it's true. :)
    edited April 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    I've had no issues getting his lines.

Thanks Dr.H, I wish you continued success.
    edited April 2014
    This is getting really fun! Can't wait to sign up for another month.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    This is getting really fun! Can't wait to sign up for another month.

There it is. Can't believe it took this long.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    There it is. Can't believe it took this long.

Double down today. When golfer whines, results follow :)
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Suck on that Pirates $$
    edited April 2014
    Woo hooo! 1-2 day! Lets fuckin celebrate
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Woo hooo! 1-2 day! Lets fuckin celebrate

If impatient scroll to the 8minute mark. You'll find some common ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPIP8G1cVVA
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    If impatient scroll to the 8minute mark. You'll find some common ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPIP8G1cVVA

Great movie.. I think we can all relate to this movie to some degree.

50 dimes in 1974... That's some heavy action.
  • baseRunnerbaseRunner Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Golfer here's another one. Don't scroll ahead at all though, every second of it is important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    baseRunner wrote: »
    Golfer here's another one. Don't scroll ahead at all though, every second of it is important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0

Lmaoooo

That video just made my night...wow..classic. I couldn't stop thinking about golfer in this video.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    They hadda error in the movie around the 11-13minute mark. The stoner gave Axel the Lakers -9 over Atlanta. While in the movie getting scores you could hear Spencer Ross give the Knicks beating Atlanta first and later the Lakers burying Atlanta. They don't play doubleheaders in the NBA.