Betting Talk

Direct TV - That time of year

1234568»

Comments

• pulse911pulse911 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    decided to make another phone call because my bill was about 20 bucks higher than previous month since my yearly deal had expired

i asked the guy if he could give me another good deal to get me down to back where i was before

he ended up knocking $30 off my bill for each month for next 12 months

i then asked again if there was anything he could do about sunday ticket.....he searched

then gave it to me for free for another year

also gave me free movie channels for 6 months

it never hurts to call multiple times

first time i called and a girl answered...knew i shoulda hung up right away she offered me 3 bucks off each month for the ticket and i said no....then i call back a week later and a guy gives it to me for free....love it!
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't have the NFL, just the college games. Just called and got offered ZERO-- so just canceled the ESPN Game Plan.

Also, it sounds like their computer system has changed, and you can no longer get the retention dept. by saying cancel or retentions.

Just tried again-- all they would offer was $10 a month for a year. I guess it's time to check out Dish. Does anybody have them? When I first had to chose (6 years ago or so) DirectTV had a way better sports package.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    It seems really tough to get a good deal on the college plan..
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Just tried again-- all they would offer was $10 a month for a year. I guess it's time to check out Dish. Does anybody have them? When I first had to chose (6 years ago or so) DirectTV had a way better sports package.
    I have them. If it wasn't for the NFL I would switch completely to them. They the pac12 channel and longhorn channel. Channels switch 100 times faster than DirecTV . The hoppers hard drive is incredible I probably have around 300 games on there. You just don't get that with the genie. The problem is you can't record on all the tuners at night.