Betting Talk

Direct TV - That time of year

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Not I
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I did not have a problem.. I had the redzone channel on most of the time and I had the dolphins game on my i pad. I think redzone is such a great channel from 1-4.. I love it!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    No problem here. How was the weather by you that day.
  • WideGlideWideGlide Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Had the same problem, also switching channels occasionally would get a blackout message on the games that were not in my region, very frustrating and the weather was beautiful with no storms.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    No problems in Madison, Wi
  • CirclejerkCirclejerk Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    No problem here. How was the weather by you that day.

I'm in LA, Cali.
    The weather was beautiful that day...
    Thanks OT
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    ot ,watched first ep of of ray donavan last night , pretty cool my friend ,pretty cool , ep number two tonight
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    jets96 wrote: »
    ot ,watched first ep of of ray donavan last night , pretty cool my friend ,pretty cool , ep number two tonight

It will continue to get better and better
  • mrwanker2umrwanker2u Member
    edited September 2013
    I ordered Madden NFL from Amazon for $99. It comes with a subscription to DTV Sunday ticket. Then i sold the game on Ebay
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I've only been with Directv since 2011. I called and gave the same spiel TommyL did, and received free NFL Ticket with Max, $20 off bill for a year, free HD service for 6 months, free Starz for 6 months, Showtime for 4 months, and some new HD channels. Nia said my bill will go back up next year but to call back and ask for the retention department to have reductions put back on!
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    anybody made the call yet this year? thinking i am going to call them this week and wanted any leverage i could get. thanks!
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    hornsfan wrote: »
    anybody made the call yet this year? thinking i am going to call them this week and wanted any leverage i could get. thanks!
    Just thinking the same
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    I was only offered a $4.95 a month discount for 12 month contract a few weeks ago. I declined and canceled.
    edited July 2014
    durito wrote: »
    I was only offered a $4.95 a month discount for 12 month contract a few weeks ago. I declined and canceled.

move to Dish?
  • pulse911pulse911 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    I was offered $8 discount per month so I cancelled membership
  • LatchdogLatchdog Member
    edited July 2014
    remember they were sold to at&t......things might be different now
    edited July 2014
    hornsfan wrote: »
    move to Dish?

HD Antenna!
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    for the folks cancelling are you just not going to get the ticket this year or watch online?
    edited July 2014
    kcburgh wrote: »
    for the folks cancelling are you just not going to get the ticket this year or watch online?

I didn't watch it enough to make it a worthwhile purchase.
  • pulse911pulse911 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    I could care less. Only reason I had it cause it was free
    edited July 2014
    I didn't watch it enough to make it a worthwhile purchase.

i agree with this. the only thing i really used was the RZ channel.
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    I agree, Sun Mon Thur night game along with 1:00 and or 4:00 doubleheader is more than enough NFL for me. Not renewing Sun Ticket for first time in many years.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    HD Antenna!

I'm making this same move, just finished installing the antenna on the roof. Think I've got everything covered but I know once the cable is cut on Aug 22 I'm going to find something I missed
    edited July 2014
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    I'm making this same move, just finished installing the antenna on the roof. Think I've got everything covered but I know once the cable is cut on Aug 22 I'm going to find something I missed

roof? i just plugged this thing in, took 5 seconds, works perfectly.
    http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Ultra-Thin-Performance-Indoor-Antenna/dp/B00DIFIO8E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406250869&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+antenna
    edited July 2014

Tried that one... Couldn't get my local NBC. Had to go to the roof with an outdoor antenna.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    if it wouldn't be for the fact I can not see all the Kansas City games locally I would not pay for it..although I do like the mix channel for watching all the games...
    edited August 2014

I chickened out. Had disconnection schedule for 8/21, called back today and got 25off/month and free sunday ticket/max. I also shut down 4 receivers to knock another 24/month off the bill. Some 1x2 hdmi switches will allow me to still feed those 4 tv's without the need for dedicated receivers.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I chickened out. Had disconnection schedule for 8/21, called back today and got 25off/month and free sunday ticket/max. I also shut down 4 receivers to knock another 24/month off the bill. Some 1x2 hdmi switches will allow me to still feed those 4 tv's without the need for dedicated receivers.

I knew that wasn't going to last. Baseball is one thing. But football and basketball. Good luck this year. I hope all is going well.

Eddie
  • bobbyputnambobbyputnam Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I still laugh every time I read the words "HD Antenna"
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't have the NFL, just the college games. Just called and got offered ZERO-- so just canceled the ESPN Game Plan.

Also, it sounds like their computer system has changed, and you can no longer get the retention dept. by saying cancel or retentions.