Betting Talk

DrH final MLB results 2014-15 WOW!

Comments

• TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2015
    jakenhl wrote: »
    I won't speak on the matter again. Check the halftime line on that game. That +EV all day everyday

Of course, that would be ignoring everything that happened over the next 29:50 of the game. If I played Fordham +6.5 pre-game that night (or maybe it was the next night) against Army and that beat the halftime line, I wouldn't automatically assume that it was a great play based upon the halftime line. That 30 minutes of play changed a whole lot.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    Of course, that would be ignoring everything that happened over the next 29:50 of the game. If I played Fordham +6.5 pre-game that night (or maybe it was the next night) against Army and that beat the halftime line, I wouldn't automatically assume that it was a great play based upon the halftime line. That 30 minutes of play changed a whole lot.
    I give up. That's why it's called live and why you have to put in a little work and pay attention.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    In all fairness Ronbets intentions were good but maybe this thread should be deleted out of respect. At less that's what I think.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    A few weeks ago someone posted that good info never gets posted on this board and that their upset because they can't learn anything here.
    Well get your notepads out and start taking notes, because things do get revealed on this board weather it's out of pride or aggravation who really cares. Class is now dismissed :)
    edited September 2015
    I give up. That's why it's called live and why you have to put in a little work and pay attention.
    y that was an extremely bad example of one of the things I try to do regarding live play. No worries on anyone learning anything from that
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm all for deletion of Live Betting posts. Besides, seems like some are referring to apples and others oranges. However, let's keep the DrH kudos in place. Mr Congeniality has shown what he's got.

Btw, Buffetgambler, you'd be peaking a little farther north if you didn't fade Jeff on occassion.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    edited September 2015
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Great job once again H. Do you have a ballpark on the % of plays that are overnight? thanks
    edited September 2015
    Hat wrote: »
    Great job once again H. Do you have a ballpark on the % of plays that are overnight? thanks

Thanks!

About 80% are o/n.

Game day releases were 40-23, +16.94 fwiw.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Doc, That is a kick ass record in MLB. Congrats on a great Season!
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Congrats Jeff. A stellar service and I look forward to CBB
  • Nacer2174Nacer2174 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Great seasons! Continued success!
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    sorry I didn't follow, but congrats nonetheless
  • capthookcapthook Banned
    edited September 2015
    Ok so not about whats +ev or not, but I don't get how its "so easy" to always get down live.

What if the play is georgia st -6.5 and they go up with 59:55 to play. It's immediately 7-0 and they are never up less than 7. You'd never get less than -6.5 live. And if you didn't get the ras release right at the time, you're not gonna get that game ever.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Thank you for all the hard work, Doc. It's greatly appreciated! Those are really impressive results on your game day releases.
  • ct5320ct5320 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    In his example he was saying Georgia St was losing 7-0 (not winning) at the beginning of the game after a pick-6 so he was able to get a line of Georgia St -2 at that point.

This was in response to capthook's post above.
    edited September 2015
    I have to give a better example. So even someone like Tommy can understand the value of live. College basketball Temple is playing Air Force the total is 120. In the first 5 min. both teams shoot over 70%. The adjusted total now is 140. That's a brand-new total as Tommy mentioned you have no ideal what's going to take place the rest of the game. Now if you believe that both teams will continue to shoot 70% for the rest of the game then as Tommy would do you would play the over. Where as I on the other hand would have money on the under. Making a wager that the hot shooting would not continue. I would do this even not knowing what would take place the rest of the game. Basically understanding that there is ebe and flow involved in sports wagering.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2015
    I have to give a better example. So even someone like Tommy can understand the value of live. College basketball Temple is playing Air Force the total is 120. In the first 5 min. both teams shoot over 70%. The adjusted total now is 140. That's a brand-new total as Tommy mentioned you have no ideal what's going to take place the rest of the game. Now if you believe that both teams will continue to shoot 70% for the rest of the game then as Tommy would do you would play the over. Where as I on the other hand would have money on the under. Making a wager that the hot shooting would not continue. I would do this even not knowing what would take place the rest of the game. Basically understanding that there is ebe and flow involved in sports wagering.

Live wagering has brutal over-adjustments based on normal short term fluctuations. It was as if Golfer was making the lines. Basktball Team A -7, down 12-2 at the 1st timeout, live line PK. Thank you.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    how to know if the live line is an over-adjustment is the tricky part:shifty:
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Jake, I don't think you understood Tommy's original point/question. Your initial post about taking Ed's 2u play after the pick6 made it sound (although I doubt it's what you meant) like you felt the new line automatically had value b/c it was better than the pregame released line which was assumed to be +EV. I believe that's what Tommy was questioning.

Your more recent post about using analysis of game flow, stats, etc. in hoops better explains the edge you feel you have in live wagering.

I'm sure Tommy will chime in, but I'm pretty sure that's what he meant and this was mostly a misunderstanding of each other.

As an aside, no need for the snarky, condescending remark. Not only was it uncalled for, but I'm certain Tommy is more than capable of following your posts once you explain them fully.
    edited September 2015
    Goats wrote: »
    Jake, I don't think you understood Tommy's original point/question. Your initial post about taking Ed's 2u play after the pick6 made it sound (although I doubt it's what you meant) like you felt the new line automatically had value b/c it was better than the pregame released line which was assumed to be +EV. I believe that's what Tommy was questioning.

Your more recent post about using analysis of game flow, stats, etc. in hoops better explains the edge you feel you have in live wagering.

I'm sure Tommy will chime in, but I'm pretty sure that's what he meant and this was mostly a misunderstanding of each other.

As an aside, no need for the snarky, condescending remark. Not only was it uncalled for, but I'm certain Tommy is more than capable of following your posts once you explain them fully.
    Believe it or not goats. The concept of the two are the same. One play does not change my opinion of the outcome. I know there are still 59 min. of unknown football. I actually pray for those type of situations. If the Green Bay Packers throw a pick six the first play the game as seven point favorites and now I have to Lay a field go or less. Even not knowing what will happen the rest of the game I will play that game 100 out of 100 times
    edited September 2015

No he didn't understand the first post. And if he didn't understand the first post he won't understand the second post. Adjusted totals and sides are very confusing with the unknowns. And from your post you had no understanding of it either. -2.5 had a lot of value at that time the game.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2015

No he didn't understand the first post. And if he didn't understand the first post he won't understand the second post. Adjusted totals and sides are very confusing with the unknowns. And from your post you had no understanding of it either. -2.5 had a lot of value at that time the game.

I have no interest in a debate but you need to lose the attitude. If a poster doesn't understand something you post that does not give you the right to be rude and condescending. Either try to help that poster understand in a respectable manner or let it go.
    edited September 2015
    Goats wrote: »
    I have no interest in a debate but you need to lose the attitude. If a poster doesn't understand something you post that does not give you the right to be rude and condescending. Either try to help that poster understand in a respectable manner or let it go.
    I apologize for my rude condescending behavior. Thou shalt not let it happen again.
    edited September 2015
    StevieY wrote: »
    Live wagering has brutal over-adjustments based on normal short term fluctuations. It was as if Golfer was making the lines. Basktball Team A -7, down 12-2 at the 1st timeout, live line PK. Thank you.
    A math model in live wagering. Will never be able to take into account momentum and perception of what's taking place on the court or field.
  • richhhhrichhhh Junior Member
    edited September 2015
    A math model in live wagering. Will never be able to take into account momentum and perception of what's taking place on the court or field.

A math model can take everything into account, some things are more difficult then others.No model is perfect or required to be perfect to be a advanage player, your model only has to be better then your Bookies model/line.
    edited September 2015
    Obviously you should be hired by any number of books out there right now offering live. Because they're not coming close as of yet.
    edited September 2015
    Obviously you should be hired by any number of books out there right now offering live. Because they're not coming close as of yet.

That was a bold statement I made. There are still some holes left to exploit in live wagering. It gets tougher year after year.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2015

Eddie - I certainly followed your post, but I disagreed with some of it based on it's context (and maybe you meant it differently than I took it). I thought you were saying that it was a great spot to make a play because you could get Georgia State at -2.5 very early in the game when they were a +EV play at -6.5 (based on RAS's release) before the game started. And since -2.5 is better than -6.5, it's a good play. I've seen/heard the logic before applied to different sports and situations (ie, you'll read some squares say to just wait to halftime to play RAS stuff, and if you can get a better line at halftime than when the game started, then take it because it must be +EV, while ignoring what just happened on the field over 30 minutes). I think I even read something along these lines applying to baseball last week on TGF, with someone saying that when you want to play a big favorite, just wait an inning or two and if they are tied or behind, play them live and you'll get a better line.

Based on your Green Bay comment, it seems like instead you're saying that there is some type of market error on big favorites that get down early (ie, if you said that if GB is -7 and give up a pick 6 early, you'd take them 100 times out of 100 at -2.5 or something along those lines). If that's the case, then it's not what I was getting from your initial post. I don't study in-game stuff enough to know, maybe books are making some error and a team that's -7 that goes down a TD early should actually be -3 +100 instead of -2.5 or something along those lines. But that's not what I took from the Georgia State comment or the comment about playing Jeff's stuff live.