Betting Talk

Random thoughts and stuff

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    Were NFL coaches this clueless in prior eras? Probably, but with all the TV exposure these days we get to see it more. If you watched the final 5+ minutes of the Clev/Den you'll get my drift.
    edited December 2018
    How long has Pa. had legalized sports gambling? Already the secondary press is hinting bad beat/fixes. More to come........

"With the game tied at 67 with five seconds to play, Penn States’s Lamar Stevens drove the lane and made contact with Duquesne’s Michael Hughes, and the baseline official called a block, which enraged Dukes' coach Keith Dambrot so much that he had to be restrained multiple times while screaming at the official.

Two technical fouls and an ejection later, Lamar Stevens and Rasir Bolton combined to make the six free throws awarded for the on-court foul and two technicals against Dambrot. Suddenly, Penn State led by six, 73-67, and the game was over the listed total of 138 or 139, as 140 points were on the board."

Btw, PSU was a 5/5.5/6 point favorite.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Ronbets wrote: »
    How long has Pa. had legalized sports gambling? Already the secondary press is hinting bad beat/fixes. More to come........

"With the game tied at 67 with five seconds to play, Penn States’s Lamar Stevens drove the lane and made contact with Duquesne’s Michael Hughes, and the baseline official called a block, which enraged Dukes' coach Keith Dambrot so much that he had to be restrained multiple times while screaming at the official.

Two technical fouls and an ejection later, Lamar Stevens and Rasir Bolton combined to make the six free throws awarded for the on-court foul and two technicals against Dambrot. Suddenly, Penn State led by six, 73-67, and the game was over the listed total of 138 or 139, as 140 points were on the board."

Btw, PSU was a 5/5.5/6 point favorite.

With PSU's inability to shoot FTs, it would have been the worst fix in history to rely on this group making 6 in a row to cover.
    edited December 2018
    A while back former NYG CB Elvis Patterson earned the nickname "Toast". For obvious reasons the nick came because he got 'burned' alot. #35 LCB for the current Chiefs CWard is also a candidate for that moniker. Russell Wilson targeted/owned him all nite.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    if thats the case, the jets secondary is a burnt loaf of bread , trumnaine johnson and morris claiborne , i just dont know what to say , anyone with any rankings id like to see where they stand , am sure its not good.
    edited December 2018
    Jets96, atleast your team has a promising future QB. The other NY team feels drafting a RB(5 years productivity at best) and keeping an overrated aging QB is the way to go. Apparently the Mara's didn't realize that QBs in the upcoming draft are a rare comodity.
    edited December 2018
    and at some point they thought webb was their future and he is now on the jets practice squad , have to love the giants for throwing a bone ...am not compaining

- - - Updated - - -

complaining that is
    edited December 2018
    Stanford not only shows its smarts in academics, it trickles down to the football team. David Shaw is onea the best coaches in the NCAA. Re: Sun Bowl ending. Personally not involved either way.
    edited January 2019
    Does anyone in this joint care to discuss any football, baskets, hockey, ping pong? Or is this joint become a practice shooting range?
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited January 2019
    Does anyone in this joint care to discuss any football, baskets, hockey, ping pong? Or is this joint become a practice shooting range?

We could invite Danshan back to espouse about the virtues of CLV.
    edited January 2019
    We could invite Danshan back to espouse about the virtues of CLV.

I wish I had Danshan's tech savvy. However, I could go w/out the OCD.

Also, who else here knew the in and outs of dealing with Bit Coin smartly?
    edited January 2019
    Its funny but they should have had my mans own forum , if he posted in anyone else's he would be banded. I still talk to him, smart guy ,has a lot of great ideas.

In 1879, Henry Morton, a leading scientific mind and president of the Stevens Institute of Technology, called one man's tinkering a "conspicuous failure." The man was Thomas Edison. The invention was the light bulb.

That was obviously wrong, and the light bulb turned out to be a solid invention. But Morton's statement was also revealing. Sometimes it's genuinely difficult to know whether new inventions will be duds or hits. Who knows — maybe our grandkids will come to love Google Glass, Segways, and Dippin' Dots
    edited January 2019
    The Chinese were the first to come up with sex robots. Dunno maybe their way to curb the population explosion. Careful women, some men rather fornicate with plastic than flesh. Sick! Getting to a point where some women are preferring the plastic route also. Sick!
    edited January 2019
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited January 2019
    Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated..
    I am in an NFL pickem pool picking straight up...low-mid four figures top prize

Below are the points...I am currently leading.
    1 739
    2 736
    3 734
    4 732
    5 728

The point values for the final three weeks are divisional 10/9/8/7 championships 10/9 SB 10
    I like both NFC games as my 10/9 and lean NE 8 and KC 7. Everyone's picks for Saturday are released an hour before kickoff and Sunday's games only lock an hour before kickoff on Sunday. If the Colts are the trendy underdog pick(or anyone for that matter)do I throw something on the dogs ML?
    edited January 2019
    Chalks and more chalks. You have the lead and will be beating the price on each game.
    Hedging? Only with a pool contender on a % basis.
  • Pepper BrooksPepper Brooks Senior Member
    edited January 2019
    Seems like something is going on with St. Joe’s. They have lost their last 3 games by 25+ ATS. Last night, St. Joe was down 39-12 at half to a St. Bonnie team that had lost 5 straight and hadn’t beaten a top 200 team all year.

Smells rancid.
    edited January 2019
    Seems like something is going on with St. Joe’s. They have lost their last 3 games by 25+ ATS. Last night, St. Joe was down 39-12 at half to a St. Bonnie team that had lost 5 straight and hadn’t beaten a top 200 team all year.

Smells rancid.

Noticed the same Pepper. 3 bad games in a row. The strange loss was @home versus GW. Guard play might be the problem. They rotate 3 guards and better recruit another 3.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited January 2019
    test
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Feels like Martelli really missed his chance to strike while the iron was hot 5-10 years ago and cash in on a bigger job. The glow has really worn off of him. King Rice is following in his footsteps (albeit he’s another rung down the ladder).
    edited January 2019
    TommyL wrote: »
    Feels like Martelli really missed his chance to strike while the iron was hot 5-10 years ago and cash in on a bigger job. The glow has really worn off of him. King Rice is following in his footsteps (albeit he’s another rung down the ladder).

Tommy I'm not familiar with King Rice. I do think that Martelli will stay in his comfort zone and St. Joe's wants to keep him forever. They'll prolly offer him another extension and he'll gladly take it.
  • ct5320ct5320 Senior Member
    edited January 2019
    Tommy I'm not familiar with King Rice. I do think that Martelli will stay in his comfort zone and St. Joe's wants to keep him forever. They'll prolly offer him another extension and he'll gladly take it.

In this topsy-turvy world, something about Phil Martelli still being the coach at St. Joe's warms my heart. I hope they turn it around.
    edited January 2019
    When will Charger GM Telesco realize there is no Designated Hitter in the NFL to hide Antonio Gates?
    edited January 2019
    Today is MLK Day honoring Dr. King. Per usual the NBA schedules many early games. Nice gesture but dunno why kill tv ratings that are already tanking. TNT games down 22% in viewership. Why?

Speaking of the NBA, they need to make some serious adjustment of their product. When teams like the HRockets fire up more threes than 2pt shots, the game is losing its athletic luster. Fans need more than Curry, Harden and Korver taking 2 dribbles and shooting from downtown. The league needs more “Greek Freak” and less Klay Thompson. Move the fukg 3 point line back 2feet and that would also eliminate the ‘cheap threes’ from the corner. Careful Commish Silver, the bettors are even becoming disinterested.
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited January 2019
    Today is MLK Day honoring Dr. King. Per usual the NBA schedules many early games. Nice gesture but dunno why kill tv ratings that are already tanking. TNT games down 22% in viewership. Why?

Speaking of the NBA, they need to make some serious adjustment of their product. When teams like the HRockets fire up more threes than 2pt shots, the game is losing its athletic luster. Fans need more than Curry, Harden and Korver taking 2 dribbles and shooting from downtown. The league needs more “Greek Freak” and less Klay Thompson. Move the fukg 3 point line back 2feet and that would also eliminate the ‘cheap threes’ from the corner. Careful Commish Silver, the bettors are even becoming disinterested.

Totally agree. It's become either 3's or dunks, nothing in between. I swear that my old man rec league guys can shoot better from 10 - 15 feet than NBA players can because they never practice from that range.

I used to love the NBA when there was contrast between offensively oriented teams and defensively oriented teams. Now its offense and more offense.

In addition to moving the 3-pt line back, I'd put the hand check back in. This steady diet of uncontested strolls through the lane is so boring. James Harden would be a mere mortal if they allowed hand checking.
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the feed back Spiderman. You mentioned James Harden..........imagine the off guard teammate that endures one of Harden's 1 for 19 days from downtown? Becoming a crap product.
    edited January 2019
    Chalks and more chalks. You have the lead and will be beating the price on each game.
    Hedging? Only with a pool contender on a % basis.

Just an update here..last week sucked..took both faves..sitting in 3rd SB worth 10 thinking I take Rams(hoping both guys in front of me take NE) And I put down on NE ML. If they tie it comes down to totals closest without going over.

1 777
    1 777
    3 773
    4 770
    5 766
    6. 765
    7. 763
    edited January 2019
    KCB, you got jobbed in both games. Primarily the NO game where ref swallowed whistle on the no-call PI or Targeting.
    With most sports now using replay review, controversy still exists. However, the most successful use of replay/challenge is in Tennis. Cut and Dry. Interesting that Gottlieb suggested on Twitter that replays should be reviewed only in real time. ??
    edited January 2019
    KCB, you got jobbed in both games. Primarily the NO game where ref swallowed whistle on the no-call PI or Targeting.
    With most sports now using replay review, controversy still exists. However, the most successful use of replay/challenge is in Tennis. Cut and Dry. Interesting that Gottlieb suggested on Twitter that replays should be reviewed only in real time. ??

Agree on all counts if KC wins me and guy in 2nd are both clear of field..instead he in 4th and me 3rd. On the bright side of things my trip to Laughlin is booked and I get to hang with all the snowbirds..
    edited January 2019
    " in human history, more people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of mariano rivera in the postseason."
    Derek Jeter who gets in next year.

A little story about Mussina , a friend of mine owns a appliance business in Conn about 10 years ago he had this job and asked me if i could help him , of course i said yes , most of his work is in bedford new york, big money , and i didnt know at the time where we were going ,anyway, he picked me up on the westchester side of the Hudson and we were driving and am like look at these houses , those from new york know about bedford , its like alpine new jersey. We get to this house and he had to fix some high end freezer , i think some maid or housekeeper let us in ....all of the sudden this guy walks in and says hello and am like this guy looks like Mike Mussina of the yankees ,holly shit.
    Anyway after we finish the work and leaving he gave us 2 game used gloves signed , well he didnt give to me but gave my friend .
    I called my buddy last night and told him he better not have got rid of those gloves ,now he is searching his house to see where he put them.