• jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    927 nyy -136

listed luck
    edited August 2016
    923 was +125

listed luck

not a very good sunday and of course went 2-0 yesterday but couldnt post in time.
    edited August 2016
    913 bos +115

listed luck
    edited August 2016
    910 lad +107

listed luck
    edited August 2016
    971 hou +126

listed luck
    edited August 2016
    969 det -103..............dont get this line AT ALL ,

listed luck
    edited August 2016
    955 nym +116

listed luck
    edited August 2016
    maybe am going to the well to many times....det is cheap ,very cheap , like yesterday , pen for min is spent , det has to win these games if they are going to sneak into a wildcard spot...just think its going to be another very high scoring game and det out hits minn ....

909 det -118

listed luck
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    If your liking a high scoring game with the road Fav why not play the Over along with Detroit. Heck play the Over/Det parlay also. If your assumption that it's going to be a High scoring game with Detroit on top it's an opportunity for a very nice day. Good Luck
    edited August 2016
    OT ..... correlations i look at very closely , i bet them , a lot. If anyone is following my posts on a reg bases, they should be figuring it out themselves. I know you do your due diligence and only look at certain people, esp during football season
    Thanks for the heads up brother.....who you like today ???

Son is off to college Saturday am....sad day for daddy , fall ball starts sept 11th , so on such a somber day , maybe i get to see him pitch, not sure what the coach does with freshman , ill see soon enough.

good luck to you as well
    edited August 2016
    This is the time of year I'm very selective (Lets use the word Extra) because there's teams out there that quit and prices get really shaded with contending teams. Not as bad as it use to be because of the extra wild card. Having a great season and not just looking for action so this time of year I'm winding down somewhat. I was betting against Tomlin for Cleveland since early July but it looks like the books have finally caught up with him with his smoke and mirrors act. But with Texas really not hitting the ball " Texas, which is in first place in the American League West despite getting shutout four times this month, will try to add some pop to the offense as outfielder Carlos Gomez is expected to be added to the roster in time for the series opener" There just not worth it at this time even against Tomlin.

As of right now it's a day of Rest including Football. I did play NE,NO and GB for Tomorrow.

Good Luck talk soon.
    edited August 2016
    I stay away from pre season, do to well in nfl and college to mess around with pre season , this week i guess you get the starters going at least a half and then in the 2nd half who knows ...cant risk money on that.......i still love watching though...jets vs giants should be fun .
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited August 2016
    jets96 wrote: »
    Son is off to college Saturday am....sad day for daddy , fall ball starts sept 11th , so on such a somber day , maybe i get to see him pitch, not sure what the coach does with freshman , ill see soon enough.

good luck to you as well

A suggestion, have your son watch how much he is throwing in the fall, in inter-squad scrimmages and any fall games vs other schools, compared to other freshman and the upperclassman. Many coaches get a sense early on the pecking order of his staff and will abuse the guys on the lower end keeping his big arms fresh. There are lots inter-squad games, other falls games, and live BP to be taken care of. If everyone on the staff is in the rotation schedule with occasional skips for soreness/etc then they should no problem, but there are coaches who will abuse the young guys and the guys on the bottom end.
    edited August 2016
    StevieY , thank you very much for that advise , means a lot .

thank you
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited August 2016
    StevieY , thank you very much for that advise , means a lot .

thank you

No problem. Also, it's common for pitchers to connect with a certain catcher. Tell him to not get attached to a walk on catcher who doesn't seem to be getting any(or very few) live at bats in the fall, he probably won't be there in January. :) That's another trick, many coaches keep all the catchers from the walk on tryouts so they can save their real catchers legs in the fall warming up pitchers/catching bullpen sessions. They cut them at the end of the fall so they can find another school next semester if they want to continue playing.
    edited August 2016
    Great , would have never, never, ever thought of that....

My son has been very lucky with his pitching coaches over the years ...all played major league baseball , am sure if i listed the names you might have heard of them. One of them and most recent played in the TOR BLUEJAYS organization ...he was supposed to have interviewed with my sons college for either the pitching coach or someone to put and workout plan together for the pitchers...am keeping my fingers crossed that he gets that job , at least he knows my son,

thanks again , man that was nice of you
    edited August 2016
    I stay away from pre season, do to well in nfl and college to mess around with pre season , this week i guess you get the starters going at least a half and then in the 2nd half who knows ...cant risk money on that.......i still love watching though...jets vs giants should be fun .

Everybody has there own opinion of course and NFLX is all about coaches, QB rotations and with all the social media out there you can pretty much find out how much time the QB's will be getting and what skill position players will be getting time and who will sit. NFLX is different then is use to be and actually IMO easier then the Regular season.
    edited August 2016
    Really , i wouldve never guessed you thought nflx was easier ...o well

959 Cin +123

listed luck
    edited August 2016
    Yea I don't bet much NFL regular season maybe a teaser or two every week. I get into a contest and see if I can get lucky and win a piece of a big package or possibly the whole thing. It saves me money in the long run. someone once said "A man must know his limitations" While your trying to beat the NFL I'll stick to a little college and the NBA.
    edited August 2016
    havent lost posting here in four years in the nfl ...havent won a lot but havent lost...same goes for college...three of the four years did great and two year s ago lost about 8 units...you follow who you want but just take a peak every once in a while.
    I have my contest up on the website we use here ...cpech got me going on it said he was going to get guys and was emailing back and fourth and now know where to be found...hung me out to dry so to speak...

Good luck on your contest id love to see OT in first place somewhere ....maybe here if they put it up
    edited August 2016
    Cpech has no friends. he talks a lot. Been dealing with guys like that my whole life.

Okay your on I have your name on a sheet of paper and now that I'm retired My charting. Your help will be appreciated. No pressure just winners.:clapup:
    edited August 2016
    well dont know the guy but from emailing back and forth he seemed ok ....football coach he says...just wish he told me like a man that he wasnt in so he didnt waste my time putting it together , live and learn right ?
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Really , i wouldve never guessed you thought nflx was easier ...o well

959 Cin +123

listed luck

tailed you on this one..going to be there a little of the game..my son is singing the national anthem with his school..
    edited August 2016
    kcburgh wrote: »
    tailed you on this one..going to be there a little of the game..my son is singing the national anthem with his school..

Should be a fun game
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Should be a fun game

yes and no..going to attempt a fantasy draft via my phone that I agreed to do before this came up..am a little salty that they are making the kids pay for tickets..I get it they are running a business, but to me seems like they could give each kid 2 tkts...guessing about 18k show up for a battle of two last place teams.
    edited August 2016
    Omg how exciting is that , how old is your son ? pretty cool

luck
    edited August 2016
    ot good luck with your nfl games
    edited August 2016
    yes and no..going to attempt a fantasy draft via my phone that I agreed to do before this came up..am a little salty that they are making the kids pay for tickets..I get it they are running a business, but to me seems like they could give each kid 2 tkts...guessing about 18k show up for a battle of two last place teams.

Shame on them, making the kids pay. At the very least two tickets one for the kid and one who brings the kid and grab the future gen of fans and buy them them a dog or ice cream. They put the parents in a bad spot and I'm sure there's some parents that maybe at this time can't afford the extra cash. I would have the school write a letter and claim it was a hardship and not right. Corp world what a great place. Sorry No Class. Happy for your kid singing at a ballgame with Daddy to watch.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited August 2016

What a way to lose this one. After Cinci ties it in the 9th and goes ahead in the top of the 10th, in the bottom Rasiel Iglesias walks the lead off man, wild pitches him to 2nd, balks him to 3rd and then can't field a comebacker with the Dbacks using the contact play.

Adding insult to injury Blake Wood wild pitches in the winning run in the 11th.