Betting Talk

Danshan's Humble Pie Plays

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    it was a tough road and I have 1 month left to reach my 67.9% goal
  • LancerLancer Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    The thing that I don't get it, but I haven't been paying attention to everybody's thread, is if you hit your goal you really aren't winning any money, because you're playing such heavy favorites.
    edited August 2017
    yes that is the thing with it
    I make money at about 64% and am shooting for 68% which is a really good return
    edited August 2017
    I bet $3792 each unit 34 units $128,928
    2.3 units up is $8721
    I was hoping for a 5% ROI
    and with those numbers I think that gives me a 6.9% ROI
    but as we all know I still have a month to go!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    danshan wrote: »
    I am dying over here no one is teasing me, calling me dumb or being mean to me in general, where are you my dear friends?? I also will start my NFL thread soon, I am just working on my final touches on my formula!

Great job with a sample size of 34 games and if all you wanted to win was 2 units you did great but something like this only needs one bad run like a 12-22 which is possible then it will take you a very long time to maybe get even. It worked and you won a little but please don't pad yourself on back as being super sharp. Best of luck moving forward.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    I am dying over here no one is teasing me, calling me dumb or being mean to me in general, where are you my dear friends?? I also will start my NFL thread soon, I am just working on my final touches on my formula!

Great job with a sample size of 34 games and if all you wanted to win was 2 units you did great but something like this only needs one bad run like a 12-22 which is possible then it will take you a very long time to maybe get even. It worked and you won a little but please don't pat yourself on the back as being super sharp. Best of luck moving forward. It's something people have been trying to do for 100 years and unsuccessful I might add. Just an opinion and I do wish you well but how much are you willing to risk to win a couple of units.

Sorry for the double post
    edited August 2017
    yes exactly 34 games, I will need a way bigger chunk to consider it "good" in my eyes. and my math is bad I actually had more units and my win amount was smaller but I am too lazy to do the actual math on the odds but its roughly half that in roi I think LOL
    edited August 2017
    and OT thanks for the comments, I thought you guys forgot about me!
    edited August 2017
    I bet $3792 each unit 34 units $128,928
    2.3 units up is $8721
    I was hoping for a 5% ROI
    and with those numbers I think that gives me a 6.9% ROI
    but as we all know I still have a month to go!

using units I actually bet that amount each game so it is rought guess 1.9u so 3792/1.9 so guessing 2000 grand a unit
    with 2.3 units up is $4600, $4600 is about a 3.5% ROI and yes that is not bad for someone that knows nothing about baseball or booking
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited August 2017
    As OT pointed out, the problem is all your numbers are completely irrelevant because of the incredibly insignificant sample size.

Citing any sort of ROI, record, or unit gain is pointless. It tells you nothing other than you happen to be up X amount right now.
    edited August 2017
    i think i said that same thing
    edited August 2017
    Come on GOATS cant you just say I am very cool! All I ask for is the approval of the BT gods!
    edited August 2017
    ST Cards ML
    1.71u to win 1u
    edited September 2017
    Record
    23-12 65.7% WL (goal 67.9%)
    units +3.3
    edited September 2017
    TB Rays ML
    2u to win 1u
    edited September 2017
    Record
    24-12 66.6% WL (goal 67.9%)
    units +4.3
    edited September 2017
    Wash Nationals ML
    1.75u to win 1u
    edited September 2017
    Record
    25-12 67.5% WL (goal 67.9%)
    units +5.3
    not enough plays to matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! running out of time, MLB is ending fast!
    edited September 2017
    where is the guy who said I was giving him some good dawgs at?
    edited September 2017
    Dodgers ML
    2.05u to win 1u
    edited September 2017
    Record
    25-13 65.7% WL (goal 67.9%)
    units +3.25
    edited September 2017
    Record
    units +3.25
    Final for MLB, came up just short on win% but units is great! MLB back in May!
    edited April 2018
    Record
    units +3.25
    Final for MLB, came up just short on win% but units is great! MLB back in May!

and at the time I cashed out it was 30k and all plays are documented here and there are even actual bets if you dont believe the unit size
    edited May 2018
    I am starting my sdql plays again, today was the first day!
    5-2
    Nationals -186 1.86for1
    edited May 2018
    Record let the season long domination begin! just need a hair over 67% win loss ratio
    1-0 100%
    Units +1
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    you should just continue with this years baseball thread to make things easy , no ?
    edited May 2018
    Agree with jets. Please post these in your main thread. You can separate out the two types of plays but they should be in the same place.

Thanks.

As an aside, there really is no point in mentioning bet sizes, $ amount won, etc. There's a reason records are kept in units.
    edited May 2018
    I keep all my records in Units and really we all know the SDQL plays are completely seperate from the "real" baseball plays I make everyday using my model. It would be confusing to anyone who cares which is probably no one to keep 2 sets of records when they would not know the difference in the 2 types. I think if I am going to to do anything it would be best to just stop the other thread and just continue this one. Please tell me exactly how you want me to do it and I wll gladly follow your rules to the T, thanks
    edited May 2018
    I think it's pretty simple and clear to post two sets of plays in the same thread. I suggest something like this...

Model Plays
    BOS +105
    NYY -120

YTD: 0-0-0, +0.0u

SDQL Plays
    ATL -115
    PHL +150

YTD: 0-0-0, +0.0u

We just wouldn't want every poster to start multiple threads for the same sport. If you'd rather stop posting the model plays, you're certainly welcome to, but that part is your call.
    edited May 2018
    perfect idea and answer I will follow your instructions, thanks for all the time and effort helping me get this setup the best way!