Betting Talk

Danshan's Humble Pie Plays

Comments

• KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    This guy is hot. Can you explain how you are doing it?
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    you go first, explain how I am not
    edited August 2017
    my average line is -185 that gives you a nearly 65% win probability on that alone
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    danshan wrote: »
    my average line is -185 that gives you a nearly 65% win probability on that alone
    so doing the math here (and please correct me if I'm wrong.) You're going to lose 35 games out of a hundred. At an ave line of -185, that means you will lose 64.75 units (35 X 1.85) and win 65.0 units per hundred bets. So that leaves your net at +.25 units per hundred bets. Doesn't leave much room for error, and any negative variance from the 65% win rate will make you a loser, and possibly, in a big way laying this much wood on each bet.
    edited August 2017
    yeah but my sdql is not based on just the line, I need to win at 69% roughly to be profitable at the ROI of 5 I am looking for.

the amazing thing is how in the world I can have this # of games in and have this many losses is crazy. I think I lost 5 or 6 straight avg -185 games in a row, you talk about some variance there, chances of that happening I think someone said is 2%
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited August 2017
    chances of that happening I think someone said is 2%

Unfortunately, if you gamble at high volume for many years, you realize 2% occurrences happen and you eventually find them less "crazy" although they still suck.
    edited August 2017
    I understand that very clearly, I guess that is why I keep going! is my WL ratio going to regress back to the mean?
    edited August 2017
    and I am having lots of fun learning the closing lines. I am starting to personally track my line accuracy. I have not had many wins (not lucky) but I am surely getting close to the closing line
    edited August 2017
    is my WL ratio going to regress back to the mean?

Yes, but what you believe your mean to be and what your true mean is may be two different things.

Also, due to your extremely low volume, it could take you years (decades?) to regress to the mean.
    edited August 2017
    yes I am really crazy. I thought at minimum I would get close to the -185 implied probability. I am clueless if i somehow can keep this loss ratio up, I am rich I will just bet the other side
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    Goats wrote: »
    Yes, but what you believe your mean to be and what your true mean is may be two different things.

Also, due to your extremely low volume, it could take you years (decades?) to regress to the mean.

At the rate you're going, it's going to take years (decades?) to realize danshan is actually Rip007
    edited August 2017
    Indians ML
    1.75u to win 1u
  • VFormVForm Junior Member
    edited August 2017
    At the rate you're going, it's going to take years (decades?) to realize danshan is actually Rip007

No way. Rip takes dumb to a whole new level and could never ever form a complete sentence.
    edited August 2017
    maybe it actually is me or we went to the same school because I defintely cant form complete sentences
    edited August 2017
    Hey how does a big name like Gray typically do on their first start for a new team at the deadline???
    edited August 2017
    Angels ML
    1.65U to win 1U
    edited August 2017
    Record
    7-8 46.7% WL (goal 67.9%)
    Units -5.7

still have Angels play today pending
    edited August 2017
    Record
    8-8 50% WL (goal 67.9%)
    units -4.7
    edited August 2017
    Here we go! opposite bettors get ready and the bet is
    Dodgers ML
    2.14u to win 1u
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    Here we go! opposite bettors get ready

Rip/Dano,

What % of ppl viewing this thread are rooting for/against you?
    edited August 2017
    97% against 3% for but know the numbers are moving in my favor! I am going to build a following LOL
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    97% against 3% for but know the numbers are moving in my favor! I am going to build a following LOL

I think the 97% is a little high. You left out the don't GAF category.
    edited August 2017
    ok adjusted line
    93.3& against
    1.7% for
    5% not interested
    edited August 2017
    ok adjusted line
    93.3& against
    1.7% for
    5% not interested

What's the limit for over 5% not interested?
    edited August 2017
    5% not interested is really a high number, people dont like me here, I have hung on here by thread with only a few deleted posts
    edited August 2017
    Record
    9-8 53% WL (goal 67.9%)
    units -3.7
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    Do you know just another four winners and you'll be 13-8 around 62% and be up 0.3 units. It's all about units. Put me down for a little action on the Over 5%
    edited August 2017
    you say that but look at the views, this is the hottest topic since Pete Rose's Lie detector test
    edited August 2017
    I am promising you my system is solid. I am not betting on the yankees are good on tuesdays after winning by 3 runs and the previous game win by >6 runs. MY SDQl makes sense
    edited August 2017
    Angels ML
    1.75u to win 1u