Betting Talk

Danshan's Humble Pie Plays

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    so you mean a pro makes 2% profit on what he has total bet so he bets 100 games at say 100 dollars per game, he bet $10000 and 2% is $200 bucks? I am sorry I know I am dumb but I am just trying to understand.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    yes that would be his expectation, variance is a bitch
    edited August 2017
    and 99% of pros just try and beat the line, handicapping games for winners does not play into it ?
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    danshan wrote: »
    and 99% of pros just try and beat the line, handicapping games for winners does not play into it ?

nonsense, beating the closing line is a consequence of handicapping the game properly not a method.
    edited August 2017
    right but more handicapping for the line to know if its a play
    Yankees are going to win this game 7 out of 10 times by handicapping so the line has to be bought at better than 7 out of 10 to make money right?
    edited August 2017
    TB Rays ML
    1.9u to win 1u

if by some miracle, the grace of the sdql gods I can catch this one I will finally be in the MONEY!!!!!
    and I hope OT is right and it closes at -210
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2017
    We know your going to bet Cleveland tomorrow so the time is now at -188

Good Luck with TB tonight.
    edited August 2017
    that would depend on if cleveland wins tonight, if they win tonight it would probably be a bet tomorrow but depending on how high the line goes if it stays where it is yes it would be a bet if clev wins tonight for tomorrow
    edited August 2017
    that would depend on if cleveland wins tonight, if they win tonight it would probably be a bet tomorrow but depending on how high the line goes if it stays where it is yes it would be a bet if clev wins tonight for tomorrow

How about betting it now and if it doesn't fit your system scalp it.
    edited August 2017
    you think the line will move much from now till the end of tonights game, cause once tonights game is over I will know ???
    edited August 2017
    are the Rays going to win tonight?
    edited August 2017
    you think the line will move much from now till the end of tonights game, cause once tonights game is over I will know ???

There's only one way this line goes. I don't think you can get hurt at all but I think you possibly can save money. The reward out-weights the risk. The system obviously plays high favorites and if you did this from the beginning I believe you would be in the plus right now.
    edited August 2017
    are the Rays going to win tonight?

What's the 8 Ball say?
    edited August 2017
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    There's only one way this line goes. I don't think you can get hurt at all but I think you possibly can save money. The reward out-weights the risk. The system obviously plays high favorites and if you did this from the beginning I believe you would be in the plus right now.

yeah exactly, I am trying to do more research and buy the games at a better line every time now instead of just sitting on them till the game starts and last second betting
    edited August 2017
    you have to be flexible can't get locked into one way. Although I believe betting baseball over-nights is the way at least for me.
    edited August 2017
    I just am lost really in sports I have been paying juice for years and enjoy the game but I dont see how to handicap really. I look at games and say I like the steelers a bunch well the line reflects basically that same view. I mean I see obvious games where its like oh shoot they cover that no prolbem or whatever but overall just paying the juice. So i said ok let me start playing serious with some stats like money, something like forex and I came out with a system just like I have for forex trades, I bet very low risk very small winners on forex and turn a 3% ROI, very boring blah blah blah but it works. So I turned to sdql and problem was most sdql is garbage, example yankees win last two games by 6 or more runs they will win the next game if favored by over -160 or whatever garbage. WEll the next problem was teh disappearing act and updated results. you think you got something but next week the yankees score 50 runs and they are removed from yesterdays sdql. so I said what do i believe in and I took that specific search term, here is my line search http://sportsdatabase.com/mlb/query?output=default&su=1&ou=1&sdql=line%3C-159+and+line%3E-246+&submit=++S+D+Q+L+%21++ now that line search is as close as you can get to positive without any other factors, there is a winning gap there alone, if you took just that stat and bought the lines at the right time you would easily win with just that and I do that for each factor until I come up with something what i consider solid.
    edited August 2017
    You like Beaver Ball? Have something
    edited August 2017
    I dont know what beaver ball is
    edited August 2017
    Interesting, Liked the Pirates last night but missed the opener and by the time I looked the Pirates were favored. So I pass and now I see late money is bringing it back to where I liked it do I go against the late move?
    edited August 2017
    i think the interesting thing with the late moves is most people think it is sharp money but guess what i am probably the last guy to bet everyday! LOL
    really though i see that all the time and am like wtf yankees open -160 and now are -210 someone thinks they are gonna win.
  • marinomarino Member
    edited August 2017
    Interesting, Liked the Pirates last night but missed the opener and by the time I looked the Pirates were favored. So I pass and now I see late money is bringing it back to where I liked it do I go against the late move?

was in same boat.. bet pitt last night at nice number, but now just offset with dodgers bet because of that late money move
  • marinomarino Member
    edited August 2017
    I dont know what beaver ball is

wnba !!
    edited August 2017
    LOL, I would rather bet the LFL than WNBA at least the woman look like they are not preop
    edited August 2017
    marino wrote: »
    was in same boat.. bet pitt last night at nice number, but now just offset with dodgers bet because of that late money move

I agree It has to be respected. As for buying back that's up to the individual. But in baseball playing against steam consistently not good for ones B/R
    edited August 2017
    and OT thanks for the Rays advice already moved to -205ish and I got it at -190
    edited August 2017
    and OT thanks for the Rays advice already moved to -205ish and I got it at -190

I think it closed BM -215 and Pinny -205 not official yet
  • marinomarino Member
    edited August 2017
    I agree It has to be respected. As for buying back that's up to the individual. But in baseball playing against steam consistently not good for ones B/R

i always get a little jumpy with bases because there are always late substitutions or coaching moves that happen an hour or two before the game starts that i might not have known about the day before... but it got steamed back to the original line(-19) and stations closed at 20.. as i type i see la just scored !
    edited August 2017
    Record
    17-10 62.9% WL (goal 67.9%)
    units .71
    edited August 2017
    We know your going to bet Cleveland tomorrow so the time is now at -188

Good Luck with TB tonight.

Cleveland lost I am out of luck
    edited August 2017
    OT I tried myself to set a good line for Dbacks today and I got -129 not -160 or whatever it is, anyway will it close higher or lower than 160 because as you know that is my cutoff point and if I can get in now cheap I would like to