Betting Talk

Question for Dr. H on money management

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I think most of the people here dont even bet, most are just tails or fans! The few that do, cant really help me because they do the same thing pinny does and pay a nickel to do it. and the few leftover from that group that really know whats up, they just call me dumb when they just cant take it anymore and move on! most people I am learning talk alot and quote a few book quotes but really they dont know.
    edited April 2018
    example 90 out of 100 people on here use Kelly and not one of them can predict their actual edge or really even know what that actually means they just follow the online guide to their kelly calculator and truly dont even know why, that is why they call me stupid and wont explain because they dont have anythign to explain.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    I think most of the people here dont even bet, most are just tails or fans! The few that do, cant really help me because they do the same thing pinny does and pay a nickel to do it. and the few leftover from that group that really know whats up, they just call me dumb when they just cant take it anymore and move on! most people I am learning talk alot and quote a few book quotes but really they dont know.

No. They are more advanced than you. This is SBR Think Tank stuff which I see you have now signed up for. This is higher level here danshan. You have to move it up a notch.
    edited April 2018
    R40 wrote: »
    No, as long as I am doing the work, they will not bother.

can you turn it up a bit, I am sure they feel neglected you have been way too nice for their blood, trust me ask them
    edited April 2018
    I am really trying man , trying hard everyday dude, I really dont know how to better, MY NBA Model killed it all season (my 1st season) and it seems to me my mlb model is looking like it just might do the same thing or better! I dont know what else to do to improve my game but I am always here trolling and looking for any tiny angle I can get it, I did not even know what a model was before I came here and I came here trying to get an opinion on my dumb sdql and this is where I am now!
    edited April 2018
    see Rockies was wrong but I am now going back in for some more rangers and dodgers at that good rate with higher limits
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I am really trying man , trying hard everyday dude, I really dont know how to better, MY NBA Model killed it all season (my 1st season) and it seems to me my mlb model is looking like it just might do the same thing or better! I dont know what else to do to improve my game but I am always here trolling and looking for any tiny angle I can get it, I did not even know what a model was before I came here and I came here trying to get an opinion on my dumb sdql and this is where I am now!

I told you this before. Nobody is going to tell you how to improve the model. They will help you evaluate your results. I really think you ought to post plays. People will evaluate what you are doing and provide feedback on your CLV and such. You are also obviously looking for a little respect and that will get you some. I think it would be a good thing for you. You obviously have no respect to be lost.
    edited April 2018
    I told you this before. Nobody is going to tell you how to improve the model. They will help you evaluate your results. I really think you ought to post plays. People will evaluate what you are doing and provide feedback on your CLV and such. You are also obviously looking for a little respect and that will get you some. I think it would be a good thing for you. You obviously have no respect to be lost.

waste of time posting picks nobody cares about my picks i did it before and tehy dont offer feedback on them. the only thing i get from here is ideas on things and if i make someone mad enough they sometimes will leak out some valuable info I can elaborate on, that is it!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    waste of time posting picks nobody cares about my picks i did it before and tehy dont offer feedback on them. the only thing i get from here is ideas on things and if i make someone mad enough they sometimes will leak out some valuable info I can elaborate on, that is it!

No, they don't care. You care. I'm talking about a full season of picks. If you post a full season of MLB or NBA, people will follow and you will get some feedback eventually. It is a good process to go through if you are serious about doing it. You will learn something I can guarantee you.
    edited April 2018
    I gave up on that but thanks for the idea!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I gave up on that but thanks for the idea!

Keep working and keep digging. Good luck to you.
    edited April 2018
    same to you thank you!
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited April 2018

"If I post my plays then everyone will know I didn't really make $30K on it. Ooooh, another cat video on YouTube." Danshans mind
    edited April 2018
    jm wrote: »
    "If I post my plays then everyone will know I didn't really make $30K on it. Ooooh, another cat video on YouTube." Danshans mind

I did post my plays on my dumb sdql and it made 30k and you can read the thread if you like, just say rude shit for no reason, SMH shame on you!
    edited April 2018
    here is the link if you are having a hard time finding it, I talk shit and brag and am all kinds of things but I dont lie or exaggerate dude!
    http://www.bettingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/180443-Danshan-s-Humble-Pie-Plays
    edited April 2018
    and that thread was hilarious and it was the dumbest thing but i stuck it out all season and it was a winner and matter of fact it has been a winner for over 10 years and has never had a losing season and over i think 1500 plays now!
    edited April 2018
    and my MLB sdql is dumb but I think I am gonna doing it again this year at same rate .8 per game and hope the darn thing can do it again. Yes sample size but I am telling you this thing has been a 10 yr winner with 1367 plays. its crazy but it is an edge, those favorites in that situation slightly win higher then the line, its cool but retarded cause 90% of the time they neg ev bets for sure as individual bets but it works
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    and that thread was hilarious and it was the dumbest thing but i stuck it out all season and it was a winner and matter of fact it has been a winner for over 10 years and has never had a losing season and over i think 1500 plays now!

You got a drive-by from durito. That was 38 picks.

Post picks and keep your CLV and you will get something out of it. That would really be the only reason to do it.

edited April 2018
    that is not a model or real type shit, it was a joke man, it was my naive soul thinking I had something amazing and I would never have to do anything sip martinis and bet that LMAO. Real Picks nobody cares trust me!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    that is not a model or real type shit, it was a joke man, it was my naive soul thinking I had something amazing and I would never have to do anything sip martinis and bet that LMAO. Real Picks nobody cares trust me!

People always care about picks. If you want feedback that is the way to get it. You are still a naive soul. That is why you should take it further if you are serious in determining how good your model is.
    edited April 2018
    I think posting here now is weird because now you can use BOL openers right ???? doesnt that kinda throw a monkey wrench in the pick credibility
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I think posting here now is weird because now you can use BOL openers right ???? doesnt that kinda thrrow a minkey wrench in the pick credibility

Possibly. I am sure that would be pointed out.
    edited April 2018
    I am going to start a thread now
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I am going to start a thread now

Oh yeah? Well be sure to keep your CLV because that is really all that matters as far as you are concerned outside of just proving yourself or providing people with some winners if you are able.
    edited April 2018
    the thread is started , wish me the best of luck! thanks for the motivation and the insights, truly appreciated
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    the thread is started , wish me the best of luck! thanks for the motivation and the insights, truly appreciated

Alright. Well, I can tell you that the first thing they will say is you are betting overnights. But I am sure some will appreciate the picks if you show value.
    edited April 2018
    oh ok so I should bet the same morning, is that how I prove my value to the group?
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    oh ok so I should bet the same morning, is that how I prove my value to the group?

Yes, I think they are going to want to see you bet once the limits are up and then if you have CLV, they will be suitably impressed.
    edited April 2018
    sounds good to me, I will give it an honest shot!
    edited April 2018
    BTW did you see the killer pick DRH made today man, now that is some shit! I mean he had to of bet it yesterday to get 9.5 but still damn dude!