Betting Talk

Question for Dr. H on money management

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    brother I always post up, I dont just say stuff I try it and do it! MY dumb SDQL that everyone called stupid last year made me 30grand roughly, it was BS I agree but I dont just say shit! I live die eat breathe sleep dream and fight with my wife about beating the line!
    edited April 2018
    watch dude I am going to make some plays on BOL here in a few when the lines come out I will screenshot them send them over and you check the current lines to what i got and will see I am not bullshitting
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    You might be better than the guy setting the BOL line. You have a decent shot there. Even better versus 5 Dimes if you get the chance.
    edited April 2018
    Attachment not found.

here is the first one already moved 10 cents
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    Attachment not found.

here is the first one already moved 10 cents

They may move the line just because it is a max bet. That doesn't necessarily mean anything. But it is not easy to lose betting BOL openers.
    edited April 2018
    there are no rec bettors better than the guy at soft BOL
    edited April 2018
    Attachment not found.

here is my number 2 bet
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    there are no rec bettors better than the guy at soft BOL

There are lots of them. That is why the limit is $250 and they move when Bookmaker opens.
    edited April 2018
    yeah for sure and that is how I got into this conversation because I am betting fat on faves to maximize my dollars in BOL and someone I think OBI said that staking method is wrong and I just asked him to show me why.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    yeah for sure and that is how I got into this conversation because I am betting fat on faves to maximize my dollars in BOL and someone I think OBI said that staking method is wrong and I just asked him to show me why.

I don't think anyone discussing Kelly would apply it to BOL openers. But if you are confident in your picks, you are not as much as risk going against BOL so fire away. Much less risk there.

But it must be said, betting BOL openers is rec activity. The pros don't bother.
    edited April 2018
    R40 wrote: »
    There are lots of them. That is why the limit is $250 and they move when Bookmaker opens.

but you watch what way they move, trust me I do it everyday and I coem back in and redo my real bets when pinny pops lines
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    but you watch what way they move, trust me I do it everyday and I coem back in and redo my real bets when pinny pops lines

As I said, you might be better than the BOL line maker. They do not take their openers all that seriously. It is a marketing thing and a very good one.
    edited April 2018
    Attachment not found.

here is all my current MLB soft opener pendings including yesterdays!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    Attachment not found.

here is all my current MLB soft opener pendings including yesterdays!

OK, I will give you some credit for being able to beat openers. Do not ask for anything more.
    edited April 2018
    yeah I messed up on the rockies I dont think I should have taken that one LOL, I get so rushed!
    anyway I am serious and am serious about winning and we all got to start somewhere but I am doing good against pinny lines too but of course not as much room. I really like to go back and hit BOL again as soon as they adjust for bookmaker lines, there is some good value there too!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    yeah I messed up on the rockies I dont think I should have taken that one LOL, I get so rushed!
    anyway I am serious and am serious about winning and we all got to start somewhere but I am doing good against pinny lines too but of course not as much room. I really like to go back and hit BOL again as soon as they adjust for bookmaker lines, there is some good value there too!

Like I said, the key to gambling is knowing your limitations. I personally am not fast enough to ever to the lines but only bet college football and everybody is sitting there waiting on those.

If you are able to be there for the openers every day that is a good strategy.

BOL just likes to put up a number and then adjust as the money comes in. They see it as a cheap way to get out first and not take much of a hit. They make up for it by having people lose back when the limits go up.
    edited April 2018
    I suckerpunch BOL again as soon as bookmaker releases and usually at the time they are at 1kish on mlb or nba games!
    edited April 2018
    I do appreciate your time and the discussion, I am still searching for "my grail" on stake size. I think I am going to stick with max on BOL openers dogs or faves and 1.X% on real bets where X is my current win% on my guessed edgeor as the experts call it "kinda Kelly"
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I do appreciate your time and the discussion, I am still searching for "my grail" on stake size. I think I am going to stick with max on BOL openers dogs or faves and 1.X% on real bets where X is my current win% on my guessed edgeor as the experts call it "kinda Kelly"

That's a good strategy. If you can't beat BOL, you gotta quit.
    edited April 2018
    if BOL is so easy to beat why doesnt everyone do it?
    edited April 2018
    I dont hear anyone talking about doing it, its free money yeah its small but its definitely fun and free!
    edited April 2018
    and when I am quoting my CLV I am talking about my real bets not soft openers!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    if BOL is so easy to beat why doesnt everyone do it?

They aren't that easy to beat. But anyone betting professionally has already done it and they see it as not worth their time.

The number of people that can consistently beat BOL openers is not all that high. You are deserving of credit. But as I told you before, you will be getting none here. That is not respected behavior here at BT.
    edited April 2018
    beating BOL openers is not respected behavior? why they are there for the taking why not it takes me seconds to place a couple grand worth of bets and make a little pocket change before the real fight begins!
  • baseballbaseball Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    There are others who do this same thing. The only difference is they perhaps aren't as eager to advertise the opportunity to potential competitors as you are.
    edited April 2018
    why they are openers, what is the downside? I think most talk a big game but dont put up the data to back it up!

you think beating BOL openers is a secret in anyway shape or form, SMH LOL
    edited April 2018
    the real fun is when you go back for seconds when bookmaker comes out! that is gravy time!
    edited April 2018
    you know R40 its been quiet here today usually by now someone comes and calls me an idiot and FOS a few times by now when I am posting. I guess everyone is still in bed, they will catch up later!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    beating BOL openers is not respected behavior? why they are there for the taking why not it takes me seconds to place a couple grand worth of bets and make a little pocket change before the real fight begins!

For the same reason, you do not brag about your college algebra scores in advanced stats. It is ASSUMED you beat BOL openers here. If not, you are sent to remedial gambling. It's all fun and all. But not something to be talked about.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    you know R40 its been quiet here today usually by now someone comes and calls me an idiot and FOS a few times by now when I am posting. I guess everyone is still in bed, they will catch up later!

No, as long as I am doing the work, they will not bother.