Betting Talk

danshan thread

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    Weird on Heaney -160 seems too low and Fiers as an underdog seems to low

does anyone have any lines on these 2 games yet?
  • CajunHustle1979CajunHustle1979 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    John1689 wrote: »
    To calculate that you convert to a percentage and take the Xth root where X is the number of legs. so -110 is 110/(110+100) = 110/210 = .5238, and the square root of .524 is .724, which means 72.4% per individual leg is the same as a 2 teamer at -110. +180 is 100/(180+100) =100/280 = .357 and the cubed root of .357 is .709, which means 70.9% per individual leg is the same as a 3 teamer at +180. 4 team +300 is a bit better than that one too. (70.7%), those will obviously have much higher variance and harder to find on one weekend.

Good math right there. Your exactly right on a Saturday night or Sunday morning when the lines are sharpest it's definitely hard to find 4 teams....thats where open teasers play a big part. Most PPH books will leave them open for 30 to 45 days. Thanks John!
    edited August 2019
    BETS
    8-16
    Sun Over 149.5
    edited August 2019
    8-17 games I think the early lines are off

Dodgers -155 it should be -180ish
    Reds -115 should be -130ish
    edited August 2019
    danshan wrote: »

this is living proof I have no clue and I dont get it.

I model 12 games, 10 are really close and 2 or 3 are garbage and I cant figure out why. if I was flawed on some major thing it would show in all or most games and if it was 1 thing I am wrong on it should be apparent in all the games I am way off on. I really dont get it, does anyone see any particular thing about these 2 games in particular that they might have in common in one specific area or stat?
  • Gordon GekkoGordon Gekko Senior Member
    edited August 2019

I have LAD -133 and with Cincinatti a bit closer to even (injuries may be affecting line).

I'm working on my closing line value and MLB is easy but when points move for/against, what value would they be worth. I've got a generalization of this:

Point Spread Money Line -2 -130/+110 -2.5 -140/+120 -3 -155/+135 -3.5 -175/+155 -4 -200/+170 -4.5 -220/+180 -5/-5.5 -240/+190 -6 -270/+210 -6.5 -300/+220 -7 -330/+250 -7.5/-8/-8.5 -360/+280 -9/-9.5 -400/+300 -10 -450/+325

So I wagered NY Giants -2 -110 and closed Ny Giants -3 -120. I can make it easy using the ML value at point of entry and close, but it's not efficient doing it that way, however the betting tracker is converted that way? I'm trying to enter what points are worth vs just closing pts...
    edited August 2019
    in all the sports I model except baseball, I am close on most games 9 out 10 at least and the one I am off on it usually at least moves in my direction baseball seems the opposite

it seems in baseball I am closer to the opening line than I am to the closing line on the bad ones. like I am doing closer to what they are modeling at the beginning and my adjustments for the game must not match up to what the market does.

I had Cincy -130 and it opened -115 and now moved to Cincy +120 completely against me but like I said I was closer to the opener and way farther from the actual close, any ideas and thanks for the reply
    edited August 2019
    here is what I had for today

<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
    <colgroup><col style="width: 158px"><col width="122"><col width="60"><col width="50"><col width="67"><col width="65"><col width="75"><col width="72"></colgroup><tbody>
    Starter
    Team
    My Line
    Closed
    Bet at
    Bet Amt.
    Result
    O/U

Steven Brault
    Pirates

Anthony DeSclafani
    Reds

Zach Eflin
    Phillies

Anibal Sanchez
    Nationals

Mike Foltynewicz
    Braves

German Marquez
    Rockies

James Paxton
    Yankees

Eduardo Rodriguez
    Red Sox

Ariel Jurado
    Rangers

Jose Suarez
    Angels

Jakob Junis
    Royals

</tbody>
    edited August 2019
    in all the sports I model except baseball, I am close on most games 9 out 10 at least and the one I am off on it usually at least moves in my direction baseball seems the opposite

it seems in baseball I am closer to the opening line than I am to the closing line on the bad ones. like I am doing closer to what they are modeling at the beginning and my adjustments for the game must not match up to what the market does.

I had Cincy -130 and it opened -115 and now moved to Cincy +120 completely against me but like I said I was closer to the opener and way farther from the actual close, any ideas and thanks for the reply

Not sure what your model looks like or what keys you are focused on, I'm stressing last 30 days (Current form) and last 30 days (hitting), not sure that would help. I like Cincinnati as Home dog as well. Let's see if there's a buy back, only missing Suarez.
    edited August 2019
    dont pay attention to Angels game that was a guy with no stats I just had what it spit out without adjustments that I cant even make
    edited August 2019
    dont pay attention to Angels game that was a guy with no stats I just had what it spit out without adjustments that I cant even make

No Votto as well..
    edited August 2019
    so that would put me on the Reds at about -115ish and that is still way way way off
  • donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    How about you have no clue what you are doing then?
    edited August 2019
    donny2 wrote: »
    How about you have no clue what you are doing then?

I think the MLB evidence points to that very clearly!
  • CajunHustle1979CajunHustle1979 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    Dan - you good bro? Normally your thread is full.....
    edited August 2019
    Some good looking Dogs tomorrow...MLB

- - - Updated - - -

Just like tonight...
    edited August 2019
    Dan - you good bro? Normally your thread is full.....

yeah, I just been traveling went to visit some family in the Pacific Northwest, thanks for asking

- - - Updated - - -

<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
    <colgroup><col style="width: 43px"><col width="42"><col width="83"><col width="50"></colgroup><tbody>
    8/20
    New
    Liberty

8/20
    Indi
    Fever

8/20
    Chic
    Sky

8/20
    Atla
    Dream

8/20
    Phoe
    Mercury

8/20
    Las
    Aces

8/20
    Minn
    Lynx

8/20
    Los
    Sparks

</tbody>

- - - Updated - - -

BET
    8-20 Lynx +6
    edited August 2019
    BET
    8-23
    Winnipeg +7
    Ottawa +10.5
    Lions Over 47
    edited August 2019
    my MLB lines

<colgroup><col style="width: 102px"><col width="158"><col width="122"><col width="60"></colgroup><tbody>
    8/20
    Chris Archer
    Pirates

8/20
    Sonny Gray
    Reds

8/20
    Dallas Keuchel
    Braves

8/20
    Michael Wacha
    Cardinals

8/20
    Cole Hamels
    Cubs

8/20
    Alex Young
    Diamondbacks

8/20
    Dylan Bundy
    Orioles

8/20
    Michael Pineda
    Twins

8/20
    Aaron Sanchez
    Astros

8/20
    Homer Bailey
    Athletics

8/20
    Brian Johnson
    Red Sox

8/20
    Steven Matz
    Mets

8/20
    Clayton Kershaw
    Dodgers

</tbody>

- - - Updated - - -

I would take
    Phillies +103
    Brewers -104
    Blue Jays +280

- - - Updated - - -

and
    Royals +109
    edited August 2019
    Will Raiders Packers bets be cancelled because of the short field?
    edited August 2019
    BET
    8/23
    Chicago Under 175
    edited August 2019
    Raiders over under tickets were still graded and the book said they are not cancelling them
    edited August 2019
    BET
    8/23
    Chicago Under 175

BET
    Aces Under 163

- - - Updated - - -
    BET
    Aces Under 163

BET
    Chicago Sky +6.5
    edited August 2019
    oh my gosh I cannot believe how dead this place is, come on shoot I will even talk to Donny for god's sake!

come on folks lets talk about something anything.
    edited August 2019
    MY NFL thoughts so far

Rams to me I think the league might have learned a thing or two about what they are gonna do. I think they had their shot and lost it to probably the best team in sports history!
    Pats same ol thing, just win baby!
    Browns come on talent is one thing but an inexperienced coach, obvious lack of commitment or team discipline, the drug cases, the big mouths all that never works out
    Broncos are you serious Flacco come on, Bradley Chubb though he could be a DT or LT or who knows, WOW on that dude, but team cant score and the league is a scoring league now. Lock looks like a decent 10 year backup you can probably skip on that dream as him being the next Elway
    Chiefs They will do the same thing win 12 13 games and fold, its what Reid teams do for some reason not sure why
    Saints same ol thing but maybe this time the dice fall on their number and they get to the dance
    Panthers really need Newton healthy or they are 3-13
    Bears no change win 11 or so and fold up late
    Raiders are dead, that team cant handle the BS
    Jets are gonna really improve, Darnold will do well and they will be way way better and with the Dolphins practicing tanking already I say they win way more than expected
    49ers will learn why they got Jimmy G so cheap, another bad year filled with injuries and a few bad characters peaking up in headlines
    Seahawks are the sleeper, I think they might do some good stuff
    any thoughts anyone ???

oh and I forgot the run and gun throw on 3rd and inches Cards, are you kidding me, the thought that the league rules and teams are built to score to win is not going to workout, Larry Fitz is a 104 years old and Crabtree really. Murray is a pure 100% bust that will excite the crowds with those 30 yard scrambles but a spy here and there and pressure and he is done! 2-14 for them and another 1st overall pick unless dolphins find out they are losing the 1st pick and tank even harder to get that 1st pick!
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    I have ham lines so much higher , so much higher i cant play it , what was your line on ham/bc ?
    was down at the borgota in AC ....saw my favorite cover band B STREET BAND , BRUCEEEEEEEEEEEEE at the DECK at golden nugget.
    South Jersey guys know
    edited August 2019
    I got Ham -6
    edited August 2019
    BET
    8-25
    Fever +9
    edited August 2019

MLB: Seattle, Boston, Arizona, Cincinnati all playable in my opinion
    WNBA: LA Sparks -4, Seattle -9, Over 1H Dallas/Atlanta 75
    edited August 2019
    MY NFL thoughts so far

Rams to me I think the league might have learned a thing or two about what they are gonna do. I think they had their shot and lost it to probably the best team in sports history!
    Pats same ol thing, just win baby!
    Browns come on talent is one thing but an inexperienced coach, obvious lack of commitment or team discipline, the drug cases, the big mouths all that never works out
    Broncos are you serious Flacco come on, Bradley Chubb though he could be a DT or LT or who knows, WOW on that dude, but team cant score and the league is a scoring league now. Lock looks like a decent 10 year backup you can probably skip on that dream as him being the next Elway
    Chiefs They will do the same thing win 12 13 games and fold, its what Reid teams do for some reason not sure why
    Saints same ol thing but maybe this time the dice fall on their number and they get to the dance
    Panthers really need Newton healthy or they are 3-13
    Bears no change win 11 or so and fold up late
    Raiders are dead, that team cant handle the BS
    Jets are gonna really improve, Darnold will do well and they will be way way better and with the Dolphins practicing tanking already I say they win way more than expected
    49ers will learn why they got Jimmy G so cheap, another bad year filled with injuries and a few bad characters peaking up in headlines
    Seahawks are the sleeper, I think they might do some good stuff
    any thoughts anyone ???

oh and I forgot the run and gun throw on 3rd and inches Cards, are you kidding me, the thought that the league rules and teams are built to score to win is not going to workout, Larry Fitz is a 104 years old and Crabtree really. Murray is a pure 100% bust that will excite the crowds with those 30 yard scrambles but a spy here and there and pressure and he is done! 2-14 for them and another 1st overall pick unless dolphins find out they are losing the 1st pick and tank even harder to get that 1st pick!

I'll be on Denver week 2, schedule play. Week 1 is something I will look at certain steam, and then look for overreaction for week 2 as many do. I'm waiting to see if the holding penalties continue or was it just a warning by league? Also, teams aren't set, will configure defenses/offenses and chart them out this year, something I haven't done much of in past.