Betting Talk

Stock Market thread

Comments

• TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Is ONVO shortable? how big is the float? does it trade options.. I shut all my monitors off for the day

Yes they do trade options. 77.3 mill. shares outstanding. Current short interest is @ 10.95%
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Why MU? will they be the leaders in DDR 4

Is ONVO shortable? how big is the float? does it trade options.. I shut all my monitors off for the day

float is 61mm, puts are a bit expensive but the market is there with volume.
    wife just came home, I'll try to post about MU later. but the speed of their technology for super computers/clouds/tablets is 14x faster then what's out there at the moment
    edited January 2014
    TheReb wrote: »
    Just a quick note regarding the price action on MNKD today, it has made its first test of the 200 day moving avg. in awhile. What this means is that it has moved up to a widely watched indicator which when broken (either up or down) brings in technical buyers and sellers (depending which way it gets broken in this case trying to break to the upside). It was a nice move with respect to decent volume on a holiday week friday. I suspect that it will continue to test that price point (5.60 area) early next week and hopefully break it to move up to the next level of resistance (5.90-6.20 area) Have a great weekend and GLTYA! -R

As expected, testing the 200d moving avg. right out of the gate with heavy volume...it may take a few knocks on the ceiling but eventually I expect it to bust through, for those of you who went long a few weeks ago enjoy the ride....and for those that have not and are looking to get in, the new support area should be around 5.35 if you're looking for an entry point on any pullbacks. On a side note, was a very disappointing home loss for my Rebs vs. Air Force on Sat. coming off a really nice conf. road win against Fresno...it was no fluke when AF beat Utah St. even though the Aggies were w/o their star stoner center who is now back. Enjoy the BCS champ game tonight. -R
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Guys , really dont do stocks , retired in 1998 have a pension ,i do take care of my wife's 401k through fildelity.
    should i get into this stock now or wait to it pulls back ?

thank you
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Wait till it fills the gap to buy at 5.33 Usually all gaps get filled. This is a biotech, so basically your buying a lotto ticket
    edited January 2014
    i dont know what fill the gap means but ...so once it goes below 5.33 BUY ?

thanks brother
    edited January 2014
    Put a Buy stop at 5.33 so if hits that price you have a good chance of getting filled on your order.
    If you use a broker that you do business with by phone just tell them to put a buy stop on MNKD at 5.33
    edited January 2014
    Jets, I made a mistake. You have to ask for buy limit order not buy stop.
    I'm always shorting so I always use buy stops that's how I got confused.
    edited January 2014
    no problem , thank you for your time
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I just bought a marijuana research company... Symbol is CBIS.

I got it at 0.06 a share...penny stock... Buy at ur own risk :)
    I can see it going up becuse of all the news in Colorado with these types of companies.

Good luck
    edited January 2014

BTD thanks for posting this again, I posted the article previous (see post #289 in this thread) and it does get into quite a few different aspects regarding the company's history and its potential. Had Aub. ML +350 tonight (know you would appreciate that one) along with ovr 28.5 team ttl and +11, almost the hat trick which would have been nice...what a game....looking for a good number on the Rebs wed. vs. the Wolfpack...expecting it at 12 ...
    edited January 2014
    jets96 wrote: »
    i dont know what fill the gap means but ...so once it goes below 5.33 BUY ?

thanks brother

Jets, gap refers to the chart pattern when a stock opens higher or lower than the previous day and doesn't come back to the previous days price range leaving a gap between the bars on the chart...hope that helps, you can also google gap patterns on candlesticks and you should be able to see some examples. What wraps was saying is there is a saying that gaps usually get filled at some point...it doesn't have to happen 100% of the time but a lot of traders believe it will at some point in the future. Having said that, if this is going to be a long term holding in the 401k than anything in the mid 5's should be decent as there is the risk of news at any time right now being they have hired a firm (Greenhill) to screen and negotiate a potential partnership with a big pharma company. Not saying it is going to happen tomorrow but at this point in time it is possible. GL -R
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    BTD thanks for posting this again, I posted the article previous (see post #289 in this thread) and it does get into quite a few different aspects regarding the company's history and its potential. Had Aub. ML +350 tonight (know you would appreciate that one) along with ovr 28.5 team ttl and +11, almost the hat trick which would have been nice...what a game....looking for a good number on the Rebs wed. vs. the Wolfpack...expecting it at 12 ...

Reb-- I thought I had seen that article before, but thought it wouldn't hurt to post it again on here. I too had a small bet on Auburn-- but, I was stuck rooting for FSU, as other guys needed Auburn to beat me for 1st place in the BT Contest. As for UNLV/UNR-- you've got large cojones if you're going to bet on this Jekyll and Hyde Rebel team.
  • gatorshoosiersgatorshoosiers Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Gale up to 6.82!
    edited January 2014
    Gale up to 6.82!

It's having a nice run, nice break out from the 5.00 area.
  • coolmilcoolmil Member
    edited January 2014
    thought I would add my 2 cents. I am not a stock picking expert buy I have been around the penny stocks for years. It is just like playing craps. With that said you might want to take a look at NVLX. I have a large position. Please do your own do diligence.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    It's having a nice run, nice break out from the 5.00 area.

Have a nice 4 pack going and GALE is one of them along with ZHNE and MNKD I appreciate your knowledge and input in the stock market.

I have 4 Stocks that I want to look at and do a little research on and whenever you get a chance or if you get a chance take a look. Always interested in hearing what you have to say.

ORGN $2.61
    SSH $10.09
    THLD $4.90
    MACK $5.87

All Healthcare 2 Bio's 1 Drug 1 Medical appliances & Equipment TIA Please no rush those were yesterday's closing Prices
  • nvralocknvralock Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Have popped in here from time to time to see what is posted and appreciate the info offered to date . Through a personal contact , have a look at RXII it was suggested to me to follow .
    edited January 2014
    my brother in law is a big invester and a big bullshiter as well, he told me yesterday the way to go is nat gas

he loaded up on wprt . dvn, cop, psx about two years ago , he SAYS he has about 20 other ones , but i do agree nat gas is big, was thinking about phillip 66 psx after buffet bought part of it.
    edited January 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Have a nice 4 pack going and GALE is one of them along with ZHNE and MNKD I appreciate your knowledge and input in the stock market.

I have 4 Stocks that I want to look at and do a little research on and whenever you get a chance or if you get a chance take a look. Always interested in hearing what you have to say.

ORGN $2.61
    SSH $10.09
    THLD $4.90
    MACK $5.87

All Healthcare 2 Bio's 1 Drug 1 Medical appliances & Equipment TIA Please no rush those were yesterday's closing Prices

Will do OT most likely over the weekend (have a lot on the plate right now) ....still reeling from the Rebs game last night very poor performance...something isn't right with them, they came out with tremendous energy up 11 with 3.5 min. to go in the 1H and then it was like some alien force took over their bodies...so strange, Rice looked lost in the 2H with the most dazed look on his face....almost like the team was doing it in spite. One of the weirdest things I have ever witnessed live at a game. Sorry for the vent but since you lived here thought you still may follow them a bit.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Will do OT most likely over the weekend (have a lot on the plate right now) ....still reeling from the Rebs game last night very poor performance...something isn't right with them, they came out with tremendous energy up 11 with 3.5 min. to go in the 1H and then it was like some alien force took over their bodies...so strange, Rice looked lost in the 2H with the most dazed look on his face....almost like the team was doing it in spite. One of the weirdest things I have ever witnessed live at a game. Sorry for the vent but since you lived here thought you still may follow them a bit.

I caught the last 10 minutes of the game I didn't like there clock management at the end and energy when they were down DD at around the 6 minute when things didn't look right. They made a little run at it a little to late. They were down 10 had plenty of fouls to give for 1 +1 and let Nevada have a shot clock violation at the 2:48 mark. There guard play leaves questions. Are they running out of gas at the end of games?

Don't bother with 3 of those stocks IMO there dogs except THLD take a peak whenever you get a chance it looks like a buy and I think I'm jumping in for little taste at this point. Have a good day
  • grej26grej26 Member
    edited January 2014
    Although I missed it, props to buythehook on CBIS.
    edited January 2014

Chanos has been on that theme for awhile so now with Soros I would imagine it's going to get some serious attention and gain traction....I wonder how much their shadow banking system is tied in with foreign entities, hard to imagine and compare how it would be with the derivative unwinding that we went through on a worldwide basis.
    edited January 2014
    I wonder how much their shadow banking system is tied in with foreign entities

I believe it's tied in to a high degree for Soros to take a 3 billion short position. He hardly ever loses on these big shorts.
    I'm also curious to see how they handle the unwinding, but I think if it gets bad and their left with no choice they will sell most of the USA Treasuries.
    I think we owe them close to 2 trillion
    edited January 2014

It wasn't too long ago we were watching those commercials with the chinese poking fun at the US and it's problems...
    edited January 2014
    Remember when the Chinese threatened Hank and said to him "make us whole on Fannie and Freddie or else we will Liquidate our US Treasury holdings"
    Hank agreed and sold the citizens of this Country down the river and we are paying that off.
    Hank should of said Go ahead sell the bonds I won't pay you a shiny fucking penny
    edited January 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »

Don't bother with 3 of those stocks IMO there dogs except THLD take a peak whenever you get a chance it looks like a buy and I think I'm jumping in for little taste at this point. Have a good day

Looked at THLD, like the area they are in, will have my son take a look (cancer research is his area) it may take a few days for him to respond, the chart looks constructive so GL and I will get back with you as soon as I hear back from him.