Betting Talk

@Halftimemagic Plays Thread. 11/11 to 11/18

Comments

• BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    ive been on the same sides a lot regardless of me posting it or not, pretty much had the same NFL card last weekend

don't think there are enough good 2h posters to steal plays from in order to build some twitter scam but I could be wrong
  • King BKing B Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Well, at the very least that a better reach than "stealing plays". Well, actually it's not that complicated of a movie plot. I got a week for free, so I really wanted to share to show my appreciation to a forum(s) where I myself have got a lot of information from in the past. I actually thought I would be able to make others members some cash over the course of the week's tracking and then just move on from there. I'm in no way associated with the service and am just a customer !! At the end of the day, at best I'm tracking a service, if you would really want to be generous you could say maybe I'm actually vouching for them cause I've seen them actually winning since I found them, but never ever did I steal anything from anyone or steal any play from anyone, especially Taco. That's the part I'm not cool with. Why would you accuse me of stealing plays ? If you are just taking stabs in the dark then that's not exactly nice. If you want to bring forth such a strong and personal accusation then you really need to back it up with concrete proof than just a hunch or a whim. Just saying that not cool man.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    How does anyone make money if you post the plays after the half has started?
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited November 2013
    King B wrote: »
    Well, at the very least that a better reach than "stealing plays". Well, actually it's not that complicated of a movie plot. I got a week for free, so I really wanted to share to show my appreciation to a forum(s) where I myself have got a lot of information from in the past. I actually thought I would be able to make others members some cash over the course of the week's tracking and then just move on from there. I'm in no way associated with the service and am just a customer !! At the end of the day, at best I'm tracking a service, if you would really want to be generous you could say maybe I'm actually vouching for them cause I've seen them actually winning since I found them, but never ever did I steal anything from anyone or steal any play from anyone, especially Taco. That's the part I'm not cool with. Why would you accuse me of stealing plays ? If you are just taking stabs in the dark then that's not exactly nice. If you want to bring forth such a strong and personal accusation then you really need to back it up with concrete proof than just a hunch or a whim. Just saying that not cool man.

So again, you're a customer of this guy and you wanna make everybody here some coin by sharing. Putting aside the ethics of giving away another person's work for the moment, do you honestly think that legit winners' customers would EVER do such a thing? "Oh guys RAS has made me serious bank and I wanna share so after I bet them I'm gonna give them to you so that you can win too and then subscribe so that the lines will be even harder to get and my edge will be gone but hey good karma tho"

You're either taking advantage of free advertising or incredibly naive.
    edited November 2013
    Well, I could have posted before tip and could have helped with that part but it's tough cause you literally have minutes to get the play in. Some plays prob got posted prior to tip and some after. My main concern at the onset was to make sure I got the released lines in order to find out if they were being accurate. It all actually started cause they released a side +3 on Sat I think (not sure 100% which team, UCLA or Army I think) and I saw 2.5 at my book. The play won so never found out if it was at -110 or -125. So I started tracking them unofficially from Sunday onwards and officially from Monday. So far through a sample size of ONE day, I got all their plays at the released numbers....but I will not even attempt to post prior to tip off at this point.
    edited November 2013
    The reason I have shared the plays is also actually quite simple and I understand the wanting to keep them to my selves part. But here is that angle of the story, I only bet $10 to $25 a game, I'm a small time bettor, just having some fun and getting through classes. If I was a bigger bettor I prob would want to keep them myself. Secondly reason was that it costs an arm and a leg, no way I can afford it and I will only have it for the week. Posting their plays on the forum was my way of saying thanks for getting a week free. Now you can call that naive, good karma or just my way of saying thanks for a free week of hopefully winning picks. I think and I understand how this has got out of hand. Because people in general do want to keep something good when they find it to themselves. If you actually decide to step out if the norm and decide to share some people don't know how to perceive it. They might think it's being naive or it's trying to attract good karma. I think just the act of sharing might be troublesome to some. It was never my intention to cause any tension. And maybe I should not have involved myself in such lengthy discussions. I just did not like it and took it personal when I got accused to "stealing plays".
    edited November 2013
    28 of your last 30 tweets have mentioned halftimemagic and you're shilling here and at sbr about him. I retract and don't believe you are actually the dude or affiliated with him, but I do think that you are trying to use these posts as some sort of a conduit to get free service out of him. Good luck.

As far as the actual halftime magic dude is concerned - his front page's sales pitch tells me all that I need to know. And $599 per month....those are some pricey picks for a 2H market that would seemingly not be able to support such an endeavor.
    The Most Powerful Edge in Sports Betting!

Why would you ever invest your hard-earned money on a game before it's played?

The most powerful edge in sportsbetting without question is taking advantage of knowing how teams are actually matching up during the game and acting on incorrect "cookie cutter" lines based on the original game line that Vegas puts up at halftime.

Our system is by far the closest thing to a crystal ball that you will ever experience in betting on sports.

The ONLY way to win consistently is to use the real-time information of how teams are actually interacting with one another.

Our sophisticated algorithms scan every game and crunch the first half numbers generating the highest probability plays that the Vegas linesmakers can't see coming.

We have spent years devising the perfect system, let us show you first hand the power of halftime wagering!
    edited November 2013
    Well, I have gone from stealing plays, from being the actual person, from being an affiliate to now being a shill. I just feel a lot of aggression here, I just don't get or understand for what. What exactly did I personally do to get you all riled up ?
    edited November 2013
    I never directly accused you of stealing plays, but I have a suspicion that the magic guy is. I apologize if it came across in any other form.

What exactly are your motives to post this guy's stuff on here? Just to give him thanks?
    edited November 2013
    Exactly 100% that. To give him thanks for giving me a free week's trial. I only have the service for a week, after that I do not, nor am planning to buy it. On their site, they release the plays but don't track. It also seemed to me from tracking a week's worth of back picks that the picks were actually winning, so i decided to track em myself for the week. At the time I started the thread of both sites, I honestly thought it was cool that this dude was going on winning days of 5-2, 4-1,4-0 types of days, and I also knew that my BR can only afford me to bet $25 a game so why not share the picks with the rest of the forum. My whole plan was to post and track for the week and move on from there. If you or the mods thought that was not the right thing, all you had to let me know that it was the case and it would have ended there. But why personally attack me, my character or my intentions ? I can safely say that we do not know each other in that manner to go there. I do appreciate the apology. Thank you.
    edited November 2013
    I have my little NBA thread here, I troll around in peace. I dislike and avoid confrontations. And I felt that things just got a little out of line and into personal attacks out of nowhere. If you did not like the thread or felt anything wrong with what I was doing I'm sure there was a nicer and better way to have let me know that than attack me of the many things you have.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Simply try and Ignore and keep doin what your doin B.
    edited November 2013
    76ers +6 (Game has tipped)
    edited November 2013
    Oregon St -2
    edited November 2013
    Nuggets -4
    edited November 2013
    Brk/Sacramento UNDER 97
    edited November 2013
    CBB 2nd Half: Nwestern/Stanford UNDER 78
    CBB 2nd Half: UC Irvine +6.5
    edited November 2013
    1-1 Monday
    5-2 Tuesday
    2-2 Wednesday
    2-0 Thursday

Combined weekly record so far -

10-5

+4.5
    edited November 2013
    11/15

CBB: Charlotte -1.5
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm sometimes slow,but I still don't see the point of this. Am I supposed to be impressed if after 20 plays he has a winning record? Is it supposed to make me buy the service?

Seems to be more and more of this and I think we are just taking the bait
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    dtrain11 wrote: »
    I'm sometimes slow,but I still don't see the point of this. Am I supposed to be impressed if after 20 plays he has a winning record? Is it supposed to make me buy the service?

Seems to be more and more of this and I think we are just taking the bait

Yeah the increase in tout advertisement around here has made this place almost unreadable at times.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Yeah the increase in tout advertisement around here has made this place almost unreadable at times.

I'd say that <5% of threads here have any mention of a tout in them (and that's a very conservatively high estimate). It's clear exactly what this thread is about (whether you or I agree with it or not), so why are you paying attention to it when you could just skip over it and move on to the next thread?
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    TommyL wrote: »
    I'd say that <5% of threads here have any mention of a tout in them (and that's a very conservatively high estimate). It's clear exactly what this thread is about (whether you or I agree with it or not), so why are you paying attention to it when you could just skip over it and move on to the next thread?

Fair question I suppose, although I think you'd be surprised at how many touts there are if you googled everyone's username. But even <5% still too much, imo. With all due respect, why are threads like this that are obviously advertising a service allowed here at all? The fact that they weren't is what helped keep this place a bit sharper, and the reason this place is/was better than a lot of other forums.
    edited November 2013
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Fair question I suppose, although I think you'd be surprised at how many touts there are if you googled everyone's username. But even <5% still too much, imo. With all due respect, why are threads like this that are obviously advertising a service allowed here at all? The fact that they weren't is what helped keep this place a bit sharper, and the reason this place is/was better than a lot of other forums.

Ed's taken a little bit more liberal stance on these threads over the past several months. If it gets out of control, I'm sure that things will tighten up. It's obvious that you already think that things have crossed the "line", however it's Edwards call in the end (Goats and I are just trying to enforce the rules that are in place). Thanks.
  • UpsilonmanUpsilonman Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Tommy,

Is there a reason why Ed has taken "a little bit more liberal stance" on this sort of thing? In another thread or maybe even this one, goats specifically said this is not a tracking site, but seems people are independently tracking thru BT a heck of a lot more recently. Curious of the shift.
    edited November 2013
    Upsilonman wrote: »
    Tommy,

Is there a reason why Ed has taken "a little bit more liberal stance" on this sort of thing? In another thread or maybe even this one, goats specifically said this is not a tracking site, but seems people are independently tracking thru BT a heck of a lot more recently. Curious of the shift.

You'd have to ask him. But keep in mind that a lot of this stuff is subjective. When SJ55 asks if he can use our site to track his plays, it's something that we don't want to get involved in. When a 3rd party is putting up the plays, it becomes a bit more of a grey area (ie the different posts we have with people trying to track some of the Twitter cappers).
    edited November 2013
    NBA: Philly +6
    edited November 2013
    NBA: Heat -2
    edited November 2013
    I'm strictly posting plays AFTER tip only.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    King B wrote: »
    I'm strictly posting plays AFTER tip only.

maybe I missed the boat here but what again is the point of doing this? you can certainly track these plays on your own if you wanted to keep a record to make sure the service is playing by the rules but you are putting each play here for what reason? I honestly don't get it other than advertising. plain and simple but you claim you have no reason to advertise for someone else but that is all that is happening here? I really don't care but would like to know your feedback King B? hope he win some cash for the free week if that's all that is really happening here.