Betting Talk

MLB Pick of the Day (by stats university professor)

1235»

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited September 2019
    Don't take this the wrong way , i like reading the posts , BUT when you say things like , it's a long shot, but im going for it. Why wouldn't you GO FOR IT ? it's one of your systems , if you DIDN'T GO FOR IT , doesn't that defeat the whole purpose ?
    Personally, if over 7 years you won 26 units and you bet every single one of those game , then id say great, but when you pick and choose which game you going to take, then what you are doing is just further qualifying a game, which is one of the reasons i look at your games, i compared them to my games to see if maybe i can find something that would help me with my games.
    Good luck ,continued success
  • ProfessorMJProfessorMJ Senior Member
    edited September 2019
    jets96 wrote: »
    Don't take this the wrong way , i like reading the posts , BUT when you say things like , it's a long shot, but im going for it. Why wouldn't you GO FOR IT ? it's one of your systems , if you DIDN'T GO FOR IT , doesn't that defeat the whole purpose ?
    Personally, if over 7 years you won 26 units and you bet every single one of those game , then id say great, but when you pick and choose which game you going to take, then what you are doing is just further qualifying a game, which is one of the reasons i look at your games, i compared them to my games to see if maybe i can find something that would help me with my games.
    Good luck ,continued success

I'm betting all of my system's picks obviously! As you mentioned, if i would select the games i'm betting, it wouldn't be a system anymore.

When i say "it's a long shot but i'm going for it", it's more "Out of all the system's picks i have, this one might be the riskiest one, but screw it i'm giving this one away". For example, i also placed a bet on the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Philadelphia Phillies last night, the Pirates being the safest play i had.

The picks i'm giving away here, are obviously, only a part of the bets i'm placing based on my systems.

Hope it clarifies the situation!

- - - Updated - - -

KABOOM!!! We are on fire! This time a huge underdog hit, thanks to the Angels defeating the Astros in extra innings.

Since September 10th, our record is 13-6 for a profit of 6.14 units. Unreal. Let's finish the season strong, guys!

RECORD:

Bets won = 21
    Bets lost = 15
    Profit = +7.59$ (from placing 1$ bets, i.e. RISKING 1$ on every play)

Today's pick of the day (odds from Pinnacle):

Tigers in Game #1 of doubleheader (at +147 or 2.47) at White Sox

This pick is based on two betting angles, one of them being "The Hot Bats" betting angle #1:

"Suppose a team wins 2 straight games, while scoring 6+ runs in each meeting. Fade them if they are playing at home."

PERFORMANCE:

Over 7 years: +47.56 units from 1140 bets (ROI = 4.2%)
    In 2019: +35.16 units from 162 bets (ROI = 21.7%)

Since Chicago has won their past two games by scoring 8 runs in each meeting, we are betting against them.

Have a good Friday!

Professor MJ
    edited September 2019
    It sucks that the Tigers were up 4-2 before the game was postponed. We were on our way to win the bet. We are going at it once again today.

RECORD:

Bets won = 21
    Bets lost = 15
    Profit = +7.59$ (from placing 1$ bets, i.e. RISKING 1$ on every play)

MLB Pick of the Day for September 28, 2019

Tigers in Game #1 of doubleheader (at +116 or 2.16) at White Sox

Same reasons as yesterday.

Cheers,

Professor MJ
    edited September 2019
    This is it! It's been a great baseball regular season, and it's coming to an end today.

I hope you enjoyed playing the system picks. More importantly, I hope you profited from them!

RECORD:

Bets won = 21
    Bets lost = 16
    Profit = +6.59$ (from placing 1$ bets, i.e. RISKING 1$ on every play)

Today's pick of the day:

Indians (1.65 or -153) at Nationals

This pick is based on FOUR BETTING ANGLES (!!?!?!), including "The Pummeled Pitchers" betting angle:

"Bet the road team if it has lost... a) its past 2 games by allowing 9+ runs in each meeting; b) its past 3 games by allowing 7+ runs in each meeting (unless their money line is greater than 3.0); c) its past 4 games by allowing 6+ runs in each meeting."

PERFORMANCE:

Over 7 years: +37.58 units from 253 bets (ROI = 14.9%)

Since Cleveland has lost its past four games by allowing 10, 8, 8 and 8 runs respectively, we are betting them.

A big THANK YOU to those of you who have been following my daily baseball plays, I appreciate a lot!

I will be posting some NHL and NBA system picks this year so keep an eye on it (you know how to find me!).

Professor MJ