Betting Talk

Dolphins fire coach Joe Philbin

Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Sports Betting
Breaking on Twitter. What were the odds of him being the first to go?

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Dolphins are firing coach Joe Philbin, source said.

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Good riddance
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    The worst thing about this for the Dolphins is that at least Philbin was mediocre. The owner, the management, the scouts....they all suck! Bad drafts, bad trades, bad free-agent signings. It's been like this for 15 years now.

Look at the 'Bullying' scandal......2 years later Incognito is one of the best guards out there for another team, while Martin is out of football completely. Maybe it explains why Incognito was trying to toughen him up? Not agreeing with the way he did it, but it shows that Incognito was trying to get a teammate up to the level needed to be one of the best in Football.

Miami is a pussy team and they'll keep getting bullied by NE, BUF and NYJ.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Obi One wrote: »
    The worst thing about this for the Dolphins is that at least Philbin was mediocre. The owner, the management, the scouts....they all suck! Bad drafts, bad trades, bad free-agent signings. It's been like this for 15 years now.

Look at the 'Bullying' scandal......2 years later Incognito is one of the best guards out there for another team, while Martin is out of football completely. Maybe it explains why Incognito was trying to toughen him up? Not agreeing with the way he did it, but it shows that Incognito was trying to get a teammate up to the level needed to be one of the best in Football.

Miami is a pussy team and they'll keep getting bullied by NE, BUF and NYJ.

I agree with you about your assessment of the franchise, however I don't think Philbin was mediocre, he was bad, as bad as everyone else involved with this organization. Philbin was coach of the Dolphins for 53 games, in those 53 games Miami led after the first quarter just 12 times, it shows how unprepared this team has been. Cameron, Sparano, Philbin, they just can't seem to find a good head coach, the whole organization is a disaster and has been for a long time. The good news is, the Heat played their first pre-season game last night, the NBA can't get here fast enough for me.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I can go on and on about the Dolphins. I guess I am spoiled because I was able to grow up and loved watching Marino @ qb. It has been a disaster the past 10-15 years and we have become a joke of a franchise. I wish jimmy Johnson could come back or could you imagine if we signed Drew Breez... Makes me wanna throw up at all the bad moves the organizion has done.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    buythehook wrote: »
    I can go on and on about the Dolphins. I guess I am spoiled because I was able to grow up and loved watching Marino @ qb. It has been a disaster the past 10-15 years and we have become a joke of a franchise. I wish jimmy Johnson could come back or could you imagine if we signed Drew Breez... Makes me wanna throw up at all the bad moves the organizion has done.

Brees wanted to play in Miami, Nick Saban had to choose between him and Duante Culpepper, he chose Culpepper and the rest is history, had he chosen Brees, who knows what the Dolphins would have become, things certainly would have been better than the way things turned out, Saban and Brees might have been a great combo, oh what might have been
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I have zero faith in Tannebaum.
    They need a GM that value's draft picks and gets middle-of-the-pack players from other teams and turns them into reliable above average starters. A GM that understands the need for solid Linemen first, then you go for a QB, then a CB, then a S or LB. Wide Receivers and Running Backs should be at the end of your list. Not the frigging first round!
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Obi One wrote: »
    I have zero faith in Tannebaum.
    They need a GM that value's draft picks and gets middle-of-the-pack players from other teams and turns them into reliable above average starters. A GM that understands the need for solid Linemen first, then you go for a QB, then a CB, then a S or LB. Wide Receivers and Running Backs should be at the end of your list. Not the frigging first round!

Obi, I have zero faith in anyone involved with this organization, Tannenbaum, Hickey, or Ross. Show me a team in any sport that's been poor to mediocre for as long as Miami has, and I'll guarantee you those teams have bad ownership/management. Stephen Ross can't seem to get the right guy, whether it's a GM or head coach, he keeps failing, I don't know the answer to solve all their problems, I do know that a once proud franchise has fallen and it can't get up. I was at a Whole Foods the other day, and I struck up a conversation with a kid who worked there, he's 24 years old, he's not old enough to remember the Shula/Marino days when the Fins were always competitive and as fun to watch as any team in the league, he only knows them as a bad to mediocre franchise, it's pretty sad what the last 15 or so years have been. I used to make fun of teams like the Browns and Raiders for perpetually being bad franchises, no longer can I do that.