Betting Talk

Mets/Nats Game

2»

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I didn't discount the mets because of there schedule my point was you play the cards your dealt. that's all you can do. read the last sentence.
    People are saying it must be nice pitching a no no against a AAA team I countered with it must be nice playing those teams in the eastern division.

The Mets played 54 games against three of the worst teams in baseball, that's a third of their schedule, they're lucky they don't play in the Central. I have nothing against the Mets, in fact, as I've said before, I like watching their young pitchers, but their record is inflated due to how bad the East was
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    He insults the Mets and their fans anyway he can, he is Mr. passive aggressive. His yanks will shit the bed Tuesday so it's all good.

I mentioned it to you many times I'm a baseball fan why is that so hard to understand. If Houston wasn't such a terrible road team I would have laid the -109 already but this is a team that should win this game against a pitcher who's about 75/80%. The yanks have lost 6 of there last 7 giving 46 runs in those 7 games and I don't expect it to change Tuesday so IMO I think I've out-grown the if team lose's whoo is me. For the last time I'm a baseball fan now please sit down have a beer and see if you can understand. I paid to watch Red Sox because I love watching Pedoria I also loved watching Manny when he was playing. It's nice to root for a team I have no problem with that but I have a feeling if God told you the Mets were going to lose today you still wouldn't bet against them. I'm a gambler all my life not a fan.

PS:I like to break Met fans balls because they come from a Pussy Borough :laughing:
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I thought God was a Yankee fan? So of course he'd tell me the Mets would lose. Just Kidding.

All in good fun OT, Just excited to care about baseball in October, it's been a while. I know the difference between fan/gambler, but I'm trying to get my son into sports and try not to let gambling get in the way of that. Kids are pure and innocent for such a short time these days, I'm just trying to get him to enjoy the game for what it is, and root for the Mets.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    I thought God was a Yankee fan? So of course he'd tell me the Mets would lose. Just Kidding.

All in good fun OT, Just excited to care about baseball in October, it's been a while. I know the difference between fan/gambler, but I'm trying to get my son into sports and try not to let gambling get in the way of that. Kids are pure and innocent for such a short time these days, I'm just trying to get him to enjoy the game for what it is, and root for the Mets.

I have no problem with you,Ron w2w if fact I enjoy our bar room brawls. I want to see good baseball and let the team that's playing the best win. I think K.C in the AL vs the Cards again or Pittsburgh. But if the Met pitching staff holds up that can anything can happen. I think they needed home field over the Dodgers and don't think they can beat he Cards or Pittsburgh if they get there and lets not forget the Cubbies. Should be a fun Playoff.

The best to you and family.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I didn't discount the mets because of there schedule my point was you play the cards your dealt. that's all you can do. read the last sentence.
    People are saying it must be nice pitching a no no against a AAA team I countered with it must be nice playing those teams in the eastern division.

Edit: How can anyone discount what Max did is beyond me. I'm a baseball fan not a team fan and to not give this guys props shows the class of the Met faithful that we have here at BT.

I'm not discounting what scherzer did, I'm pointing out the ridiculous dichotomy between you saying scherzer deserves credit for pitching wonderfully (he does) vs "the hand he was dealt" yet in the same comment you discount the mets by saying "must be nice to play ATL, Miami and philly" - aka literally the hand they're dealt by the schedule makers
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    @jareddiamond: NL WHIP leaders (min. 150 IP)
    1.Greinke
    2.Arrieta
    3.Kershaw
    4.Scherzer
    5.DEGROM (0.98)
    6.Bumgarner
    7.HARVEY (1.02)
    8.SYNDERGAARD (1.05)

Gonna be a great series, 5/8 of the top WHIP pitchers
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2015

Edit: How can anyone discount what Max did is beyond me. I'm a baseball fan not a team fan and to not give this guys props shows the class of the Met faithful that we have here at BT.

I didn't discount what Max did yet you still felt compelled to call out how classless I am as a mets fan.