Betting Talk

Mets/Nats Game

jammerjammer Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Sports Betting
Scherzer pitcher his 2nd no hitter of the season, and in the game, there were 35 strikeouts and no walks. Amazing!

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    The Mets started the JV in the second game. Collins used Cespedes, Duda and Grandy in the 9th to try to break it up.
  • Pepper BrooksPepper Brooks Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Grandy played the entire game. Whatever lineup the Mets use is JV. Dominating performance by Max Scherzer.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Grandy played the entire game. Whatever lineup the Mets use is JV. Dominating performance by Max Scherzer.

I'm sure they'll enjoy the playoffs with the jv lineup while the Nats celebrate that sweet no hitter
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll enjoy the playoffs with the jv lineup while the Nats celebrate that sweet no hitter

Mets fans always show class.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    The Mets offense has been struggling, now they get to play two games in LA with a 5:00 local start time facing Greinke and Kershaw in the shadows, GL with that
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    kane wrote: »
    The Mets offense has been struggling, now they get to play two games in LA with a 5:00 local start time facing Greinke and Kershaw in the shadows, GL with that

1st 5 under gonna be 3 and juiced.
    edited October 2015

My point was the Game#2 no-hit lineup doesn't strike fear in many pitchers...........including Anthony Young.

1. Curtis Granderson (L) RF
    2. Ruben Tejada (R) SS
    3. Michael Conforto (L) LF
    4. Michael Cuddyer (R) 1B
    5. Kelly Johnson (L) 3B
    6. Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L) CF
    7. Kevin Plawecki (R) C
    8. Dilson Herrera (R) 2B
    9. Matt Harvey (R) P
    edited October 2015
    I don't get all the fuss you play the cards that your dealt and he's still pitching against guys that were worthy of getting look at in the show. if it was that easy we would see more in Sept by the teams that are in contention playing against teams tha aren't. People just like to piss on someone parade. I'm wih Brooks "Dominating performance by Max Scherzer" Good luck Mets in Dodger Stadium.

Must be nice playing Atl, Miami and Philly, The Mets won the division without a 300 hitter (2.83) High man 27 HR's /RBI'S 73 / Hits 147 and OBP 3.61 Pitching 14 wins by a 40 year old and really who knows how old he really is. 2.60 era/ 198 K's and 42 Saves. So good luck to the Mets in the Playoffs and in my opinion Right Place Right time. So enjoy the Division win. They were 36-21 against those three. .630 baseball.
    My point is you play the cards that are dealt so give Max a little credit.
    edited October 2015
    Ok, I'll rephrase it. It was a great performance by the 210 million dollar man. He's a perennial Cy Young hopeful pitching against a disinterested team posting a AAA lineup. Make you feel better?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Ron, the guy pitched a no hitter with 17 K's and no walks, and if not for a throwing error, it would have been a perfect game. I don't care who the Mets had out there, what Scherzer did was beyond impressive, and talk about disinterested, it's not like there's anything on the line for the Nats, it would have been easy for Scherzer to just go through the motions, but to his credit he pitched like it was a playoff game, kudos to him on a great performance.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Congrats to Scherzer... I bet he trade that no hitter to still be playing baseball...

Mets in 4 vs LA, last time I checked, Kershaw hasn't done shit in the post season... We beat him once this season anyway. Harvey in game 3 is the difference maker.
    edited October 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Ok, I'll rephrase it. It was a great performance by the 210 million dollar man. He's a perennial Cy Young hopeful pitching against a disinterested team posting a AAA lineup. Make you feel better?

You think the guys out there were disinterested and didn't care okay I guess they like playing AAA baseball for next to nothing and riding buses and now given an chance to show what they can do against one of the best they don't care. Okay I understand now.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    You think the guys out there were disinterested and didn't care okay I guess they like playing AAA baseball for next to nothing and riding buses and now given an chance to show what they can do against one of the best they don't care. Okay I understand now.

OT, if Scherzer had started against the Mets actual triple A team, and pitched a no hitter with 17 K's and no walks and missed a perfect game because of an error, it would still be an amazing feat, it was one of the best pitched games in MLB history
    edited October 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    Congrats to Scherzer... I bet he trade that no hitter to still be playing baseball...

Mets in 4 vs LA, last time I checked, Kershaw hasn't done shit in the post season... We beat him once this season anyway. Harvey in game 3 is the difference maker.

It's a game anything can happen but Met fans are so delusional it's laughable. I think you should check that he beat you 3-0 at NY ON 7/23
    edited October 2015
    OT, if Scherzer had started against the Mets actual triple A team, and pitched a no hitter with 17 K's and no walks and missed a perfect game because of an error, it would still be an amazing feat, it was one of the best pitched games in MLB history
    Yes it's was an amazing game. I was being sarcastic to Mr. Ronbets
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Yes it's was an amazing game. I was being sarcastic to Mr. Ronbets

I know you were being sarcastic. Since Ron didn't think his performance was anything special, I was letting you know I agree with you about how great he was yesterday, we're on the same page
    edited October 2015

Ppl I know that gamble/handicap games are trained instinctively to evaluate each performance by using different parameters. Level of competition, bad luck, lineups, etc. I'm not a fan or overreact to super performances or dismal stuff. Kane, I acknowledged Scherzer great performance(post#10). It was nice of you to insert "one of". Good out. The better game pitched in MLB history was Don Larsen's perfecto in the '55 WS vs Brooklyn. In that game they didn't sit Snyder, Robinson, Furillo, et al.
    edited October 2015
    That was a World Series Game and the only perfect game pitched in a world series so I would have to say a little bit of a reach trying to make a point . kane said it right and should always be said one of the best games ever pitched. Max had two no hitters this year and I believe he had three more that he took into the late innings did the other team pull all there starters also. If there is such a thing as a man worth over 200 million playing a kids game this man is.

PS: Just give the man his props and I'm looking forward to the Mets beating the Dodgers in 4:laughing:
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Ppl I know that gamble/handicap games are trained instinctively to evaluate each performance by using different parameters. Level of competition, bad luck, lineups, etc. I'm not a fan or overreact to super performances or dismal stuff. Kane, I acknowledged Scherzer great performance(post#10). It was nice of you to insert "one of". Good out. The better game pitched in MLB history was Don Larsen's perfecto in the '55 WS vs Brooklyn. In that game they didn't sit Snyder, Robinson, Furillo, et al.

Yes, I said it was one of the best pitched games in history, and it was, I have no idea what you mean by "good out". also, I never compared it to Larsen's perfect game, I don't even know what you're talking about. And as far as giving Scherzer credit in your earlier post (#10), the sarcasm is so loud, nobody would think your credit given was sincere
    edited October 2015
    Yes, I said it was one of the best pitched games in history, and it was, I have no idea what you mean by "good out". also, I never compared it to Larsen's perfect game, I don't even know what you're talking about. And as far as giving Scherzer credit in your earlier post (#10), the sarcasm is so loud, nobody would think your credit given was sincere

Now you've become the Betting Talk Mentalist? Interpret what you want but it's in black and white post #10 sans volume.
    As far as a stretch mention Larsen's perfecto, Kane is the one dealing in superlatives.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Now you've become the Betting Talk Mentalist? Interpret what you want but it's in black and white post #10 sans volume.
    As far as a stretch mention Larsen's perfecto, Kane is the one dealing in superlatives.

What you said in post 10 was a backhanded compliment, it's pretty obvious. And again, I have no idea what you're talking about regarding Larsen. Scherzer pitched a no hitter with 17 K's and no walks, and if not for a throwing error by his shortstop, he would have pitched a perfect game. I'll say it again, it was one of the best pitched games ever, so was Larsen's if that will make you happy
    edited October 2015
    I guess I will never learn.

Do not argue with a tunnel visioned fan that pretends to be a gambler. Are you still 'on the rag' after the U was embarrassed by Cincy thursday?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I guess I will never learn.

Do not argue with a tunnel visioned fan that pretends to be a gambler. Are you still 'on the rag' after the U was embarrassed by Cincy thursday?

Once again, I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, I guess I'm just a tunnel visioned fan who pretends to gamble, you win. BTW, I had Cincinnati in that game, so I was very happy with the result. The Canes are a mediocre program and have been for a while now, so whether they win or lose really doesn't matter to me, now back in the day when they ruled college football, it was a different story, when they lost a game back then it would kill me, nowadays, not so much
    edited October 2015
    Once again, I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, I guess I'm just a tunnel visioned fan who pretends to gamble, you win. BTW, I had Cincinnati in that game, so I was very happy with the result. The Canes are a mediocre program and have been for a while now, so whether they win or lose really doesn't matter to me, now back in the day when they ruled college football, it was a different story, when they lost a game back then it would kill me, nowadays, not so much

Oh, I see. You get off the bandwagon when they lose prominence.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I don't get all the fuss you play the cards that your dealt and he's still pitching against guys that were worthy of getting look at in the show. if it was that easy we would see more in Sept by the teams that are in contention playing against teams tha aren't. People just like to piss on someone parade. I'm wih Brooks "Dominating performance by Max Scherzer" Good luck Mets in Dodger Stadium.

Must be nice playing Atl, Miami and Philly, The Mets won the division without a 300 hitter (2.83) High man 27 HR's /RBI'S 73 / Hits 147 and OBP 3.61 Pitching 14 wins by a 40 year old and really who knows how old he really is. 2.60 era/ 198 K's and 42 Saves. So good luck to the Mets in the Playoffs and in my opinion Right Place Right time. So enjoy the Division win. They were 36-21 against those three. .630 baseball.
    My point is you play the cards that are dealt so give Max a little credit.

You say scherzer "played the hand he was dealt" then you immediately discount the mets because of the schedule they played. Hilarious
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Oh, I see. You get off the bandwagon when they lose prominence.

No, I'm still a fan, but back in the day, every year they always had a chance to win a national championship, so every game they played was of huge importance, these days their games don't matter as much, so the fact that they lost to Cincinnati doesn't bother me like it would have back then. And like I said, I had Cincinnati, so in a perfect world the Canes would have won, but not covered, but the fact that they lost doesn't bother me so much, Al Golden isn't putting food on my table
    edited October 2015
    Send the former UM President Donna Shalala a get-well card and sign it "those were the days"
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    You say scherzer "played the hand he was dealt" then you immediately discount the mets because of the schedule they played. Hilarious

He insults the Mets and their fans anyway he can, he is Mr. passive aggressive. His yanks will shit the bed Tuesday so it's all good.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Ron, even though we frequently disagree, I've always had respect for you, and I think you're a good poster. However, I don't see where you're making any kind of sense in anything you've posted tonight, IMO Scherzer's game was one of the best pitched games in history, and I'm not as big of a Canes fan as I was when they were winning championships all the time, right now I'm a fan, back then a was a big fan, I have no idea why you're questioning what type of fan I am, who cares. And I thought the game Scherzer threw was one of the best ever, if you disagree, that's fine
    edited October 2015
    StJoes0610 wrote: »

I didn't discount the mets because of there schedule my point was you play the cards your dealt. that's all you can do. read the last sentence.
    People are saying it must be nice pitching a no no against a AAA team I countered with it must be nice playing those teams in the eastern division.

Edit: How can anyone discount what Max did is beyond me. I'm a baseball fan not a team fan and to not give this guys props shows the class of the Met faithful that we have here at BT.