Betting Talk

Information Only on Ed's Plays

2»

Comments

• duritodurito Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    So you have no hard evidence that says closers are sharper than they were 5 years ago? To me, that is the only way you could prove the market is more efficient now than 5 years ago.

I will check when I get a chance but I seriously doubt they are any sharper than 5 years ago.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I don't think the closers ever reached above 55% efficiency on sides for the market as a whole in the past 5 years. Totals probably close to 57%
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    durito wrote: »
    I will check when I get a chance but I seriously doubt they are any sharper than 5 years ago.

Agree with this. Blackbull has zero evidence to prove why he thinks/believes that.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2015
    It all depends on how you determine "sharper". Each way has their pros and cons.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Agree with this. Blackbull has zero evidence to prove why he thinks/believes that.

LOL, cuz my advice in this tread wasn't just me taking time out of my day to give you a helpful piece of advice, right? No, in your mind you are entitled to my work and help. I have to prove it to you, right golfer?

There was a lot of talk on this board about the reason for lack of sharp input. And the truth is: a lot of it has to do with the fact that real professionals have a disincentive to help you. But I can tell you this: what doesn't help is the faux-sharps on here who love to argue with good advice that is given.

As a friend and pro asked me yesterday: "Why do you bother with those forum guys?"

You know? He's right. I'll let the miseducation continue going forward. I'm sure one of the faux-sharps on the board will post some flawed metric defining sharpness/efficiency and y'all will buy into it because it's what you want to believe. You can't produce +ev on your own and many can't get the RAS released line; so you want to believe it will win at close going forward b/c it has to for you, right?! Otherwise, you're just another fish in a very big pond...
    edited September 2015
    I never said you could win betting RAS at close. All I did was argue with you about why you think the market is more efficient then it was 5 years ago. And all the shit you said had nothing to do with the market being more efficient than 5 years ago cause you have no data.

So anyone can come on here and say a bunch of shit and act cool, but when you have no data to back it up its all fuckin useless. And you only wish you were half as good as RAS.
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    blackbull wrote: »
    I have given my advice on the topic. TIA

in this thread or in a previous thread? am interested to read your input on the market efficiency factor. thanks
  • bcl4bcl4 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    hornsfan wrote: »
    in this thread or in a previous thread? am interested to read your input on the market efficiency factor. thanks

Didn't you hear him before? The market is more efficient because he is a PROFESSIONAL SPROTS TRADER and thus he knows, and if you don't heed his advice its your funeral.

FWIW I also would not play RAS plays at close going forward, just think blackbull's demeanor in this thread is humorous.
    edited September 2015
    hornsfan wrote: »

Well hornsfan, he is a "trader" not a gambler... Lmao!!!!!! Only thing he should be trading is bettingtalk for 2 plus 2.