Betting Talk

2014 BP Football-Never Go Full Retout

BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
edited December 2014 in Sports Betting
I actually have spare time lately, so I worked out a math model for betting the CFL. It's the first time I've ever used statistics to handicap, and it feels strange. I am betting these for 1/3 of what I usually bet on games.
124 Winnipeg/BC under 52 (-106)

Comments

• BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    125 Ottawa +7 (-106)
    127 Toronto +7 (even) pinnacle
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    125 Ottawa +7 (-106)
    127 Toronto +7 (even) pinnacle

Ouch! I hate to see this-- I've got Hamilton -6 and Sask -6.5--- so the way I've been going lately, I can just chalk up an 0-2 evening. Just like I do when Old Timer has the opposite side in baseball.
    edited July 2014
    421 Winnipeg +4.5 (bookmaker)
    426 Calgary -4.5 (bookmaker)
    428 Ottawa +5.5 EV (pinny)

The Calgary play is not a misprint.
  • Fat PolamaluFat Polamalu Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Drew Willy is that dude.
    edited August 2014
    122 Sask/Winn under 54.5
    125 Hamilton +7 (-107)
    edited August 2014
    276 Lions +2 (bookmaker)
    8 of clubs play. Reports from Cleveland are that JM isn't anything special.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I think JM has bust written all over him, GL Benny
    edited August 2014
    Here comes the most off-topic post in the history of this website. The thing is that the last week has been tough on me for weird reasons. My irl friends have been completely hopeless, and people who post here tend to be fairly intelligent. So, at the risk of coming across as weird, here goes nothing.
    Here's how it got started. I was surfing the internet and I randomly found the following website:
    http://dilemna.info/

I read over it, and my recollection of Mrs. Dalferes' fifth grade class is exactly the same as the creator of that website. I am absolutely certain that the correct spelling of the word is "dilemna". It's beyond bizarre that so many people could misremember a detail so mundane. It was driving me crazy that a memory that is so distinct and clear could be completely wrong. There isn't a single example anywhere in print of the word every being spelled with an n.
    So I started looking for other instances of things like this. That's when things got worse. There are a group of websites that deal with things like this. The first one threw me just as bad:
    http://woodbetweenworlds.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-berenstein-bears-we-are-living-in.html

It's been a long time since 3rd grade, but wtf is going on here? How could a family of cartoon bears have retroactively had their name changed?
    More research followed. I sat in a four day old t-shirt, eating ramen and drinking coffee, hacking away at my laptop trying to get to the bottom of this.
    The best website to discuss these kinds of false memories (that I could find)is here:
    http://mandelaeffect.com/

Questions that I'd like to discuss with anyone here:
    Have you ever had a memory of a historical event that you later discovered to be completely false?
    Does anyone else's memory match mine?
    What causes false memories?
    edited August 2014
    121 Winnipeg +3.5
    Fading the steam. I have this lined at 1.5. Good for a small bet.
  • Awesome-O!Awesome-O! Member
    edited August 2014
    Here comes the most off-topic post in the history of this website. The thing is that the last week has been tough on me for weird reasons. My irl friends have been completely hopeless, and people who post here tend to be fairly intelligent. So, at the risk of coming across as weird, here goes nothing.
    Here's how it got started. I was surfing the internet and I randomly found the following website:
    http://dilemna.info/

I read over it, and my recollection of Mrs. Dalferes' fifth grade class is exactly the same as the creator of that website. I am absolutely certain that the correct spelling of the word is "dilemna". It's beyond bizarre that so many people could misremember a detail so mundane. It was driving me crazy that a memory that is so distinct and clear could be completely wrong. There isn't a single example anywhere in print of the word every being spelled with an n.
    So I started looking for other instances of things like this. That's when things got worse. There are a group of websites that deal with things like this. The first one threw me just as bad:
    http://woodbetweenworlds.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-berenstein-bears-we-are-living-in.html

It's been a long time since 3rd grade, but wtf is going on here? How could a family of cartoon bears have retroactively had their name changed?
    More research followed. I sat in a four day old t-shirt, eating ramen and drinking coffee, hacking away at my laptop trying to get to the bottom of this.
    The best website to discuss these kinds of false memories (that I could find)is here:
    http://mandelaeffect.com/

Questions that I'd like to discuss with anyone here:
    Have you ever had a memory of a historical event that you later discovered to be completely false?
    Does anyone else's memory match mine?
    What causes false memories?

I had the same situation with the bears. I LOVED those books as a kid. I didnt find out until much later how I had basically skipped over that spelling my entire childhood. It was quite strange to know I was wrong the entire time.
    edited August 2014
    427 Denver +3 1st half
    edited August 2014
    Browns +2.5
    edited August 2014
    281 Bengals +2.5
    edited August 2014
    143 Rutgers +8
    151 Texas San Antonio +10
    158 Navy +16.5
    167 Georgia Southern +20.5
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I do like that navy play but just couldn't put money on it. The line , I think wasn't adjusted correctly, and getting 16 looks good BUT this is Ohio st and there are a whole lot of players on that team other then miller , when was the last time navy played a team such as st , not in a long time. Reynolds will get his but am not so sure it will be against these guys , I hope navy beats them for ya.

good luck this season
    edited August 2014
    191 Fresno +21
    edited August 2014
    208 Baylor under 32 1/2 (-121) 2nd half.
    edited September 2014
    Week 1 random thoughts
    Opening night -6 seems like a trap. There should be an avalanche of square money laying the favorite, but there's still not enough line value on Green Bay to justify a play. Stanford Wong's old system of fading the super bowl champs in their first game hasn't worked in a while. Still lean very heavily to the dog and under in this thing. The Packers still have enough players from their championship team to beat anybody, and Aaron Rodgers is smarter than people give him credit for. My hunch is that Seattle is just too over confident and GB figures out a way to steal it late. Will wait to see what others do.
    My favorite play on the board is the under in the Saints-Falcons. 51.5 at pinny, and there are 52.5s out there. It's a very bitter division rivalry, and the teams and coaches know each other's play books, so there won't be any big surprises. Saints d should be better in the second year under Ryan. New Orleans is still a finesse team at its core, and the way to beat them is by running the ball between the tackles on offense, and not giving up big plays on defense.
    I took a shot on 486 Dallas at +6 now that pinny is down to 4.5. San Francisco has had three amazing seasons in a row, and it's just hard to maintain that. They have some scattered injuries, and they didn't look too impressive in preseason.
    Dallas is a perennial underachiever, but have to think they'll be up for their home opener. It's a make or break year for many people in that organization, and have to think they'll be the more motivated side here.
    Strongly lean to Carolina and they are the best teaser leg on the card. No matter what Newton's status is, their defense was a close second to Seattle's last year, and Tampa is a nothing special team with a nothing special coach. Waiting to see where the line goes.

That's it so far, will update as the week drags on.
    edited September 2014
    Working with a different group this season. Here's what we've bet this week, with the current pinnacle price on each game.
    317 Central Mich +3 (even)
    341 Akron +14 (-102)
    351 Michigan State +12 (-106)
    353 Idaho +14 1/2
    360 New Mexico +25
    375 SDSU +15 1/2
    384 Wyoming +2 1/2
    388 Hawaii +10 1/2
  • pettifoggerpettifogger Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Man, I'm scared for your Lobo bet. Their stud QB who rushed for 184 yards against UTEP last week is out with a hammy. Mitchem , the backup , can't run near as well and is not exactly Johnny U with the pass. My guru picked them too but I had to pass. Hope it comes through for you.
    edited September 2014
    Blue Horseshoe is betting NYG all over town. Money line, spread, first half.
    edited September 2014
    Feel like I've had the flu for about a week now, and it's showing no signs of going away. Tough weekend for football.
    Just so that I can post one play this weekend, I bet Niners/Bears 1st half under. Pinny currently has 24.5 (-125)
    edited September 2014
    Still in Reno. No idea for how long.
    103 App State +19 (no idea about the line movement. Other side could be RAS.
    105 Texas Tech +13 1/2
    113 Wyoming +31
    120 Iowa State +21
    121 USF +34
    129 Akron +20 1/2
    132 Purdue +10
    135 Northwestern +10 1/2
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Dr. Bob 104 GS is the move on that game or part of the reason
    edited September 2014
    Texas Tech +7 (2nd half)
    edited October 2014
    2nd halfs
    Nevada pk -125
    Arizona -1 (-101)

Will try to write something. Too much has happened.
    edited October 2014
    271 Cowboys +8.5
    edited October 2014
    Rams +3.5 (-116)
    edited October 2014
    Blue Horseshoe likes Pitt 2nd half, +120