956 Marlins +117
    960 Cards +120
    967 Indians +126
    980 Braves +100
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I just read about these guys:
    http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/10/12/how-to-plan-a-mlb-road-trip/

After about two seconds of deliberation, I have come to a conclusion. I am doing that. As soon as possible.
    Has anyone here ever done something like that or knows someone who has? Any tips or advice?
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2014

After about two seconds of deliberation, I have come to a conclusion. I am doing that. As soon as possible.
    Has anyone here ever done something like that or knows someone who has? Any tips or advice?

Yes I do. I don't know them personally but back in 90/91 when I was dealing dice at the Nugget an older couple had retired and just finished their dream of attending a baseball game in every stadium traveling in their trailer home. They had just finished and spent a week with us and I dealt to them every night I was there and they answered all my questions about the stadiums how the games were and the memorabilia they collected. the stories they told it was almost like being there. I asked what route they took but can't remember. Sorry no tips or advice except figuring out the easier way of doing the circuit. Always thought of doing that but never had the time and now that I do have time it's not the right time. Next stop Cooperstown for me.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited June 2014

Seems like there are pretty good tips & advice right in that article you linked.
  • pettifoggerpettifogger Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Yes I do. I don't know them personally but back in 90/91 when I was dealing dice at the Nugget an older couple had retired and just finished their dream of attending a baseball game in every stadium traveling in their trailer home. They had just finished and spent a week with us and I dealt to them every night I was there and they answered all my questions about the stadiums how the games were and the memorabilia they collected. the stories they told it was almost like being there. I asked what route they took but can't remember. Sorry no tips or advice except figuring out the easier way of doing the circuit. Always thought of doing that but never had the time and now that I do have time it's not the right time. Next stop Cooperstown for me.
    Cooperstown is a must see. Beautiful surroundings and wonderful memories. Turning back the clock to simpler times.
  • rcmoneyrcmoney Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Cooperstown is a must see for a baseball fan - When my boys were younger they played in a few baseball tournaments so we would spend a few days - what fun we had - walking around talking baseball. It's a nice small town that makes you forget the every day hustle and bustle of life. Memories for sure!