Betting Talk

2014 BP Baseball, Fear and Loathing in Reno

Comments

• BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Another day where every underdog on the card looks like it has tons of line value.
    The best look like:
    964 Yankees +111
    967 Astros +210
    969 Indians +144
    973 A's +138
    edited April 2014
    901 Cubs +203
    916 Twins +131
    924 Mariners +121
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Rough start to your season Benny, hang in there
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Watched your Video from the early part of this month and enjoyed it. As a matter of fact you said some things that I believe and actually thought I was speaking. I believe if I remember correctly you mentioned it also gets a little tiring at times well I don't think there's not one of us here that don't get tired of the things we do from time to time as we're such creatures of habit but it soon passes. I'll tell you it's seems from looking at you I'm about 20 years older but I'll tell you I'm sometimes a little envious of the rolling stone. So stay well play only advantage machines and follow only long term winners for free.
    edited April 2014
    904 Marlins +134
    Great corpar to the under.
    edited April 2014
    972 White Sox +134
    974 Twins +114
    976 Astros +149

960 Mets/Diamondbacks under 9 (-110)
    edited April 2014
    902 Pirates +106
    904 Mets +152
    915 White Sox +228
    edited April 2014
    Results: 10-29 (-16.22 units)
    It can't get much worse than this. This is easily one of the worst stretches of my career as a handicapper. I keep trying to tell myself that I need to be patient, but days like this make it hard to be positive. Non-posted picks have been winning, and occasionally following others have kept this from being a complete disaster.
    Got back in Reno today after a long weekend in Vegas. Went to a concert at the Orleans with Kathleen. Nothing interesting happened.
    edited April 2014
    960 Mets +130
    967 Astros +126
    973 White Sox +173
    975 Twins +165
  • SpobroSpobro Member
    edited April 2014
    Results: 10-29 (-16.22 units)
    It can't get much worse than this. This is easily one of the worst stretches of my career as a handicapper. I keep trying to tell myself that I need to be patient, but days like this make it hard to be positive. Non-posted picks have been winning, and occasionally following others have kept this from being a complete disaster.
    Got back in Reno today after a long weekend in Vegas. Went to a concert at the Orleans with Kathleen. Nothing interesting happened.

Whats the link for this 10 minute video? Id like to check it out. Hope all is well Benny. Hang in there with the baseball. You know how much of a grind it is, just keep playing +EV stuff and it will turn around.
    edited April 2014
    Spobro wrote: »
    Whats the link for this 10 minute video? Id like to check it out

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj7rSgvC3uQUam8rrKsp4vg
  • SpobroSpobro Member
    edited April 2014
    Benny you have a beard and a dragon tattoo now? Look out Mara Rooney. The Guy with the Dragon Tattoo in theaters Summer 2015.
    edited April 2014
    Mets +119
    White Sox +192
    Astros +142
    edited April 2014
    The last 48 hours have officially been the weirdest of my life. I can't even begin to sum them up, but I will try to the next time I get a good night's sleep.
    Her name is Summer, and she is bisexual.

954 Braves +100
    956 Under 7 1/2 (-116)
    970 Astros +128
    972 Twins +140
    974 White Sox +154
    edited April 2014
    903 Brewers +150
    910 White Sox +111
    911 A's +135
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    903 Brewers +150
    910 White Sox +111
    911 A's +135

GL on these Benny. I would have liked to play the Brewers, but with Braun and Segura out, and with Gallardo's one win in 17 career starts against the Cards, I just couldn't pull the trigger.
  • bettorbettor Junior Member
    edited April 2014
    BP regressing to the mean...
    edited April 2014
    970 CWS +129
    978 Astros +136
    980 Twins +140
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    980 is rained out, I agree with you on the Sox tonight, GL
    edited April 2014
    adding
    965 Devil Rays +156
    edited April 2014
    953 Braves +122
    Fading the steam. The best team in the NL shouldn't be this big of a dog to the worst team in the NL.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    953 Braves +122
    Fading the steam. The best team in the NL shouldn't be this big of a dog to the worst team in the NL.

Have to think Ariz wins the NL ugly parade.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    953 Braves +122

When the kid's pitching, the Marlins are from the worst team in the NL
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Have to think Ariz wins the NL ugly parade.

Yeah, and the last time I checked the Cubs were still in the NL
    edited April 2014
    kane wrote: »
    When the kid's pitching, the Marlins are from the worst team in the NL

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings/_/year/2013
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2014

Benny, in case you didn't notice those are last years records, we're currently in the year 2014
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Benny, in case you didn't notice those are last years records, we're currently in the year 2014

Beat me to it-- story of my life-- always a day late, and a bill short.
    edited April 2014

I frequently speak in metaphor and allegory, and it's up to you to read between the lines and figure that out. That 100 loss season just sits out like a soar thumb, and it's hard for me to imagine they could have improved so much so fast. They overachieved for a little bit, but this is definitely a team that is on the way down. I always treat baseball handicapping like a game of checkers instead of chess, and overthinking things tends to be counterproductive. There are three ways of doing this: the right way, the wrong way, and the way that I do this. The way I do it has gotten me this far, and I don't intend on changing things anytime soon. Having said that, if you laid the favorite in that game, it looks like you've got a winner, and I'm happy for you.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I frequently speak in metaphor and allegory, and it's up to you to read between the lines and figure that out. That 100 loss season just sits out like a soar thumb, and it's hard for me to imagine they could have improved so much so fast. They overachieved for a little bit, but this is definitely a team that is on the way down. I always treat baseball handicapping like a game of checkers instead of chess, and overthinking things tends to be counterproductive. There are three ways of doing this: the right way, the wrong way, and the way that I do this. The way I do it has gotten me this far, and I don't intend on changing things anytime soon. Having said that, if you laid the favorite in that game, it looks like you've got a winner, and I'm happy for you.

No, I didn't play the Marlins tonight. The reason I commented on your original statement was that you said the Marlins were the worst team in the NL which was true last year, but this is a different season and a different Marlins team. Also, when Jose Fernandez pitches at home the Marlins are a very good team. Before tonight he had 18 career starts at home, he was 11-0 with a 1.07 ERA and a WHIP of 0.833 and the team was 15-3 in those starts. Tonight he went 8 innings giving up no runs on 2 hits, so those amazing numbers are even better. Of course the Braves are the better team, but not when they face the kid in Miami. Best of luck in the bases, it's such a grind.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Hey Benny when you get a chance google Louis Myers, let me know what you think.