Betting Talk

RAS 1.5 unit plays

Comments

• RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited February 2017
    PP865 wrote: »
    I know it won't have the same impact, but it will still have one, and it doesn't help your current subscribers who just lost a lot this month - it does the opposite. But, you're right, the service is always open to the public, and if someone is looking to subscribe, they just should. They shouldn't require a special offer to do so.

The main problem is that you're giving out a special offer to the public after your current subscribers just lost ~-20 units. When you offered a special those previous years, this wasn't the case. Small impact or not, this will only hurt current subscribers and that's the last thing you should be looking to do.

The only thing that is going to help current subscribers is keeping them on board at an significantly discounted rate, and winning units. The offer presented to them today should accomplish step one, and now the focus will shift to step two.

The public offer is not going to create a significant surge of users that wouldn't have joined for March anyway, and I highly doubt the number of new users we get from it will make line movement worse. If anything it has gotten progressively better throughout the season, even during some of the best runs.
    edited February 2017
    winup wrote: »
    Why not do unlimiteted credit package before season start after subscriber pay ov 8k now open that for public current subscriber don't need that at all.

Market conditions and play volume are too unpredictable to set a fair price (for either side) on full season unlimited credits. The credit system gives fairness and ultimate flexibility to all involved parties.
  • PP865PP865 Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    RightAngle wrote: »
    The only thing that is going to help current subscribers is keeping them on board at an significantly discounted rate, and winning units. The offer presented to them today should accomplish step one, and now the focus will shift to step two.

The public offer is not going to create a significant surge of users that wouldn't have joined for March anyway, and I highly doubt the number of new users we get from it will make line movement worse. If anything it has gotten progressively better throughout the season, even during some of the best runs.

What if some of your current subscribers already had enough credits for the month of March? That significantly discounted rate won't benefit them at all. Either way, I'm completely okay with the discounted rate for the current subscribers and I think it's the right thing to do.

I personally can't comment on line movement getting better because if we exclude the free trial and the few games where I didn't get a warning for some odd reason, I haven't had a problem whatsoever getting the lines. But, I highly doubt that's been the case for everyone.

We can agree to disagree, but I do think a significant amount of individuals will join the service purely because of the offer which will ultimately hurt your current subscribers. Even if it's not the case, the potential was there.
    edited February 2017
    If they already had enough credits, they will benefit from being able to refund or carryover more remaining credits.

We'll agree to disagree, but I do have more data to work with as far as number of subscribers in past and current seasons and expected number of new sign-ups from the March offer. We'll see what happens though.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    "But I do think a significant amount of individuals will join the service purely because of the offer which will ultimately hurt your current subscribers."

Lol, after reading how horrible things have been this is a very big assumption on your part.
    edited February 2017
    Not really. The "very big" assumption is thinking that RAS lost his edge entirely and will not get subscribers going forward purely based on 1 bad month.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    Gotta hand it to RAS. They've turned the mainstream bookmakers......from fear to envy.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    I would consider half that rate for the totals. No interest in playing the sides for that fee.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    How many subs do you have Ed?
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    jm wrote: »
    How many subs do you have Ed?

This is like asking Coca Cola for their secret recipe..........:laugh:
  • crashcrash Member
    edited March 2017
    I was hoping for a shorter term deal. I'd put my "toe in the water" for a couple hundred bucks but, despite RAS' incredible track record, it's hard to commit more than that coming right off a cold spell. Notwithstanding, I'm sure that he will finish strong.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    crash wrote: »
    I was hoping for a shorter term deal. I'd put my "toe in the water" for a couple hundred bucks but, despite RAS' incredible track record, it's hard to commit more than that coming right off a cold spell. Notwithstanding, I'm sure that he will finish strong.
    If you're SURE he'll finish strong, seems like an easy decision
  • crashcrash Member
    edited March 2017
    If you're SURE he'll finish strong, seems like an easy decision

How do you know that I didn't mean the Urban Dictionary meaning:

Sure
    A comment/ statement made when an individual would like to imply sarcasm or a lack of interest towards something someone else says. Sure can be pronounced in a very high pitched manner and may be accompanied by sarcastic head nodding.
    'Hey, do you want to come to the shops with me?'
    'SURE'
  • showme1953showme1953 Member
    edited March 2017
    Crash, I would say that RAS has a long proven winning track record. So when you say " it's hard to commit more than that coming right off a cold spell", I disagree and say "since they have been cold, they will get back on the path, they have proven that over time" I would rather be on them now than if they had just hit 10 in a row. Maybe its the contrarion in me.
    I along with everyone else have been sick over the way these games have ended in the last couple of weeks. But over the years the success has been there and its been there despite never getting the same line as what is released and all the other things that happen.
    edited March 2017
    crash wrote: »
    How do you know that I didn't mean the Urban Dictionary meaning:

Sure
    A comment/ statement made when an individual would like to imply sarcasm or a lack of interest towards something someone else says. Sure can be pronounced in a very high pitched manner and may be accompanied by sarcastic head nodding.
    'Hey, do you want to come to the shops with me?'
    'SURE'
    Hence, why without emphasis or further explanation, sarcasm is often overlooked/misunderstood on internet posts.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    showme1953 wrote: »
    Crash, I would say that RAS has a long proven winning track record. So when you say " it's hard to commit more than that coming right off a cold spell", I disagree and say "since they have been cold, they will get back on the path, they have proven that over time" I would rather be on them now than if they had just hit 10 in a row. Maybe its the contrarion in me.
    I along with everyone else have been sick over the way these games have ended in the last couple of weeks. But over the years the success has been there and its been there despite never getting the same line as what is released and all the other things that happen.

What's the record this year if you've missed every line by 1 point?
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Dr. H wrote: »

Hey Doc, when will your baseball packages for the upcoming season be released?
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Think if I have it right the service would be down 24-25 units if you played everything 1 point off - they have had 13 pushes alone so if you are playing off the release number plus paying for 440 plays that is rough. That is why I stopped years ago I could not get the line all my outs either had delays or moved almost on release.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Hey Doc, when will your baseball packages for the upcoming season be released?

Putting the final touches on a new website this week, should have information up soon.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Putting the final touches on a new website this week, should have information up soon.

Good Luck this year H.
    edited March 2017

RAS 1pt. worse: 215-220 (-31.25) as opposed to 225-202 (-1.35).

13 pushes turned into losses.
    5 wins turned into losses.
    5 wins turned into pushes.
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    PP thanks yea that is what I got too when I went back and cleaned it up - Dec was particularly difficult with 11 of those plays falling in that month.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Wow! I knew this year was bad on the release line mattering. I hadn't gone back to check to see quite how bad, but dam that's bad. Been absolutist brutal. But hey, for 750 more you can get all of March. Not happening for my crew. Sorry RAS, we will catch you in September for football, maybe.
  • RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    And March blows in the same way February blew out. I'm in for the long haul or at least until my limit is met, but this is painful. I thought RAS used to say plays would decrease as the season wore on because the lines got tighter? They are throwing darts in early March left and right and continuing to miss the whole board. I'm losing faith in the last ones in this business that I thought were honest.
    edited March 2017
    We aren't throwing darts or doing anything dishonest. Even if we were flipping coins (which we aren't), we'd still be having very bad variance the past four weeks.

Saturday we had 5 plays that were 90% or higher to cover and ended 0-4-1 on them. Yesterday we had 3 easy winners and went 1-4 on toss ups. Today Tenn St not only blows a 13 point lead in 2h, but game goes to OT and we lose an under that was winning comfortably throughout the game. I mean it is frustrating as heck but it is what it is.

You can say Lasalle -6 (lost outright by 15) was a horrible play, and yet one of the top groups came in on same side at a full point worse a few hours after we released it. That result doesn't mean that group has lost their edge, and the same applies to us.

If you play long enough, no matter how good you are, money management and dealing with variance are always going to get tested, and this current situation is no different than ones we have experienced in the past. I don't know when this run will end, but I remain very confident the plays we release will be profitable long term.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Never mind we did buy it . Ha I was out of town yesterday and friends bought it.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited March 2017
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Never mind we did buy it . Ha I was out of town yesterday and friends bought it.

:@ :ugh: :arg: :help:
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Goats wrote: »
    :@ :ugh: :arg: :help:

Making March great again, thansk golfer
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Good Luck this year H.

Dr. H, I totally agree to a class act guy to me. I sure hope we have a great season, especially a start like last year out of the box. Will you be posting your over/unders for the season like you did last year on betting talk? Jack
    edited March 2017
    bluejake wrote: »
    Dr. H, I totally agree to a class act guy to me. I sure hope we have a great season, especially a start like last year out of the box. Will you be posting your over/unders for the season like you did last year on betting talk? Jack

I agree that Dr. H (since going tout) has transformed himself into a valuable, mostly pleasant, internet poster. But before that he was a snarky, nasty, captious, know-it-all internet bully and asshole, who I believe was warned about his behavior, and maybe even was temporarily banned from this very website. So, no matter what his motive might have been, he has changed much for the better and for that I give him credit, because change is hard.